1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to recent research, ADD doesn't actually exist, it was a convenient get out for the food industry so they could continue peddling additive laden foods to kids while at the same time selling 'guilt free' alternatives. They knew full well that they'd always make money from the fully loaded stuff while 'convincing' others that they were 'tackling the problem'.

Anyway, I still want to see the movie regardless of which version I happen to find it in. Figures not so much for the 1/6, though I do have a 1/12 Harley on PO.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

Admittedly I found my love for Batman because of the Nolan films, so I never explicitly saw the TV series, but from my understanding it's not that physically abusive of a relationship? More of a he tolerates her as much as he has to and treats her poorly like a clingy fangirl; it seems more physiologically abusive, but it never breaks down to physical violence like Leto's Joker had.

Geez I hope they retcon all this somehow.

TAS was pretty mild, after all kids were watching that too. He's actually very mean to her in the comics, including more than one attempt to actually kill her. He has expended considerable energy trying to run her off. And yes he has been known to hit.

Its complicated, because although he does this he's not going to tolerate her going to anyone else, either. Her swearing off would be a huge blow to his pride, besides she comes in handy sometimes and he really does think he owns her.

When watching the movie and hearing him ask, "Where is she?" I was shocked. Comics-version Mr. J would shout WOOHOO! and enjoy a little respite from her.... I liked seeing him a wee bit concerned for her, though. I mean, come on. A girl looking like that throws herself at your feet? I don't see many men turning that down, crazy or not.

Man, that's such a poor excuse for a Joker. I no longer think seeing the rest of the footage would make him any better, it'd just be another hour of the same crap.

It's a shame because I thought Harley was great.
Yeah, Leto was truly awful as The Joker in my opinion. Just a poor take on one of the most iconic villains of all time and I liked (not loved) most of the rest of Suicide Squad. I've liked many interpretations of the character over the years from Romero to Nicholson to Ledger but Leto's version is trash.

Yeah, Leto was truly awful as The Joker in my opinion. Just a poor take on one of the most iconic villains of all time and I liked (not loved) most of the rest of Suicide Squad. I've liked many interpretations of the character over the years from Romero to Nicholson to Ledger but Leto's version is trash.

All that chit chats gonna get ya hurt.

I didn't like the Romero or Nicholson Jokers but liked both the Ledger and Leto versions :dance

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't comment on his performance but I do feel a little sorry for Leto. He was always on a hiding to nothing following Ledger. I still like the Nicholson Joker but Ledger's Joker made him look so tame in comparison. Not just a great Joker but one of the greatest movie portrayals of a psychopath.

I honestly don't think it's even just that he had to follow up Ledger. I liked Ledger's portrayal a lot but it wasn't the end all be all performance.

To me with Leto it's just like they tried way too hard. Everything about him from the tattoos to the grill looking stupid to his performance in general. Even just him acting like an actual crazy person on set. It was just too much and didn't live up to the hype or up to the expectations I had of a good performance (and I actually like Leto in some things). The Joker to me is not some methed out gangster like he came across in Suicide Squad.

Nice to see that I'm not the only person in the world that didn't like the Nicholson Joker.

Romero Joker gets a pass for sentimental reasons, but you are far from alone in disliking Nicholson Joker. I think its hard for me to like him, because I am not a Nicholson fan to begin with.... he plays the same character in every movie. I find him neither cute nor funny. The facial prosthetics Nicholson wore in the Burton movie were just..... urrrgggh. No.

I didn't like the Romero or Nicholson Jokers but liked both the Ledger and Leto versions :dance

18e07cca060cf5da72d72e64d27f9d63a9e45ab741bfc5d3510a3a4f374e3a46.jpg

DC movies should all be Rated R in my opinion. It just doesn't work with toned downed violence and language.

*skip to around 14:25 for actual movie costume props from Suicide Squad.

The Burton movies worked well as did the Nolan ones, I didn't think they were toned down. Comics are pretty much for all ages and so the movies should reflect that too, which they have done really. If you cut off part of the target audience then the movies won't do so well.

Back