1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

This likeness is probably one of the best for a prototype from Hot Toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's the brows, a bit too rounded.

I'm all for having some expression on a portrait, but this is too extreme to be the only one that come with the figure. They need a second head that just has her with a mischievous smirk.

I'm all for having some expression on a portrait, but this is too extreme to be the only one that come with the figure. They need a second head that just has her with a mischievous smirk.

:exactly: I'm hoping they'll add one due to inevitable demand.

This likeness is probably one of the best for a prototype from Hot Toys.

I agree. Although all of the sculpts for the newly-unveiled figures (except for old Luke and 1:4 scale Kylo Ren) are really fantastic.

I totally agree. It's like you have to pose her in an action pose for it to work. I usually pose in a static pose, so this facial expression wouldn't work well.

I agree. Although all of the sculpts for the newly-unveiled figures (except for old Luke and 1:4 scale Kylo Ren) are really fantastic.

i literally have no idea what you guys are looking at when you are talking about the luke sculpt.

probably the top 3 most spot on sculpts at SDCC.

maxresdefault.jpg
HT16-sizzle-754-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

i literally have no idea what you guys are looking at what you are talking about the luke sculpt.

probably the top 3 most spot on sculpts at SDCC.

View attachment 279104
View attachment 279105

Exactly! Forehead, cheeks, mouth, a little edit on the nose, shape, there's a lot going for it than not at all.

How does this not look like Robbie? The nit picking is getting so crazy these days.

That sculpt is one of the best female sculpts from Hot Toys. It is hard to capture someones likeness with an open mouth but HT has done it. This line of figures is shaping up rather nicely.

All these dudes complaining but still probably gonna end up buying her

Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

All these dudes complaining but still probably gonna end up buying her

It wouldn't be a figure forum if it wasn't.

I find it so odd that some people can look at a portrait and see one thing and others can look at it and see something completely different. It's impossible to say who's right or wrong, but I find it curious. For me, certain angles look good and others just ok. It's definitely not spot on. Maybe the expression is just a tad too exaggerated.

The likeness is pretty good but I would've preferred a different expression. This would've been cool...

cbe38cfd74bd94003988c9593076de2c.jpg

Let's see how the fine details of that open mouth translate to the production piece.

Yea, I don't know folks but that's a pretty friggin' good looking figure. I can't imagine that HT would do this for the one and only Harley sculpt though. If another isn't included with this set, it'll be on a different version.

Exactly! Forehead, cheeks, mouth, a little edit on the nose, shape, there's a lot going for it than not at all.

That does look real damn good. However! And this is a minor (or major, depending on who you ask) nit pick. His nose is symmetrical whereas hamills nose isn't.

I've always wondered why HT tend to "romanticize" their sculpts. They get them close enough, but choose to not include the asymmetry that truly makes everyone's faces unique and instantly recognizable. It's weird IMO.

That does look real damn good. However! And this is a minor (or major, depending on who you ask) nit pick. His nose is symmetrical whereas hamills nose isn't.

I've always wondered why HT tend to "romanticize" their sculpts. They get them close enough, but choose to not include the asymmetry that truly makes everyone's faces unique and instantly recognizable. It's weird IMO.

Probably because at the end of the day the more dedicated won't care and the people they want to bring into the hobby is who they're trying to impress.

Seriously, I remember when Darth Vader was nit picked to death on here yet every publication and Internet article was praising a realistic Vader.

Back