1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic but now we're talking about statues, what does everyone think the chances are of sideshow doing a 1/4 scale premium format?

i think the prime 1 suicide squad harley looks pretty dang fantastic. the face sculpt may not be margot perfectly but to me its close enough. the overall piece is pretty amazing.

i think the prime 1 suicide squad harley looks pretty dang fantastic. the face sculpt may not be margot perfectly but to me its close enough. the overall piece is pretty amazing.

That's why I ordered it- three of the faces are terrific while the neutral is so-so. Overall the best SS Harley done

It's also about a thousand dollars and doesn't look like Margot Robbie.

I agree, it's a cool statue and it's in the pose I want my HT to be in, but it doesn't look like her. I can spend a quarter of the money for a figure that I can repose, takes up less space, and looks exactly like Margot.

The movie did fine. It only did $8m less than Guardians of the Galaxy, another team up of lesser known/unknown characters. It did $65m more than Winter Soldier which in my opinion is the best Marvel movie to date. Nothing is being cancelled because of box office numbers.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm

People who didn't like the movie are just lauder than quite and satisfied majority. Yes, majority. As momaw stated. That's the result which matters, not disappointed haters on the internet.

Here is the thing, I enjoyed SS. Could it have been better? Sure, but I genuinely liked what we got so I'm not arguing that people enjoyed it or that it made a good amount of money but the hype was huge on it, people were claiming it was going to topple the entire Marvel U and be the second coming of DC/WB dominated films. It obviously didn't do either one of those things and I have to believe that HT's original plan was altered. I can't believe that Four Jokers, a Batman rehash and Deadshot with only one Harley was the initial plan. They even made prototypes for Joker henchmen, people thought he was going to be big than Ledger's at one point, obviously it didn't do that either. I can't believe that multiple Harleys and more of the team weren't in the pipeline that we'll probably never get.

I'm saying that if the movie did as big as expected we'd probably have a lot more. Then again TFA did amazing at the box office and they haven't drenched the market with those so maybe this was the plan all along.

yeah im not really loving the 1/3 statue either. But i really love the 1/6 statue that came with the BluRay Extended edition. For a little over $100 it was worth it. :) I think it looks a ton like Robbie and the detailing is great.

and i can't wait to get her HTs figure :)

The Prime 1 looks bad...

All the sculpts are weird.

The clothing isn't even actual material... it's sculpted... at 1/3 scale. Wtf.

Terrible legging seam at the back. HT has managed to avoid this in ONE-SIXTH SCALE... I don't get it.

And somehow HT's 1/6 hairwork is much sharper.

So, no mixed media except for those ***tty leggings and a bunch of poor likenesses for $1000.

Things I like though is her tails are more curled up.

And her shorts + jacket have a better glittery shine. Though again... sculpted. :slap

Last edited:
What sucks is that HT probably didn't offer alternative heads because they were most likely planning on offering multiple Harleys like they did with The Joker, but since the film didn't do as well as expected, we probably won't get more than one more and it'll probably be an exclusive. :(

Didn't do as well as expected? Warner Bros expected MORE than 745 *million* dollars for a film starring Harley Quinn and a bunch of relative unknown characters? Were they crazy?

Would have really liked an added Bubble Blowing head on this. That's the best looking one on the Prime statue.

The Prime 1 looks bad...

All the sculpts are weird.

The clothing isn't even actual material... it's sculpted... at 1/3 scale. Wtf.

Terrible legging seam at the back. HT has managed to avoid this in ONE-SIXTH SCALE... I don't get it.

And somehow HT's 1/6 hairwork is much sharper.

So, no mixed media except for those ***tty leggings and a bunch of poor likenesses for $1000.

Things I like though is her tails are more curled up.

And her shorts + jacket have a better glittery shine. Though again... sculpted. :slap

P1 said on Facebook that the seam on the leggings is correct to the source material and that the seam may just be stretched in some shots so it looks thinner. I have to watch the movie again to watch for that, but since other companies made the same seam, I'd assume it's intentional.

P1 said on Facebook that the seam on the leggings is correct to the source material and that the seam may just be stretched in some shots so it looks thinner. I have to watch the movie again to watch for that, but since other companies made the same seam, I'd assume it's intentional.

nah I call bull****

Butt_1_1100x620-620x.jpg

It's just typical ways manufacturers produce these leggings for smaller scales.

HT just found a way to avoid it somehow.

The big seams are ugly but a cheaper/easier way of producing it. The seam on the hot toys runs down the middle of the legs and is barely noticeable, which makes me wish other manufacturers would do this also. Although hot toys still has the visible knee joints so it's swings and roundabouts really...

I agree, it's a cool statue and it's in the pose I want my HT to be in, but it doesn't look like her. I can spend a quarter of the money for a figure that I can repose, takes up less space, and looks exactly like Margot.

Exactly. If Hot Toys ever gets into making statues a whole bunch of statue companies will be in deep financial trouble.

Back