1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever happened to JESS? Thinking about this Harley release jogged my memory.All you guys had tongues slobbering when she posted pics of herself while discussing figures:lol

Holy smoke, wow did Danoby2 ruin a fine toy. All this talk about the knee joints, I just don't get it. It looks fine to me since it's a figure, not a real person. I understand that it's a pricey item but it's the definition of a want, not a must have. With all the figure Hot Toys is putting out now, if the knee joints are a make or break for you, just buy something else. Don't do what this dingus did. His toy looks horrible. If you'd prefer that than having exposed knee joints, then hey, you do you.

It makes one wonder if these videos by Danoby2 are just a way of getting more people to watch. Some of his early videos were entertaining and I do commend the guy for his creativity. He custom built an Iron Man hall of armor and made a somewhat amusing Igor video. Of course, these vids were before this new stuff and the constant complaining about Hot Toys.

But back to Harley Quinn - there are limits to realism. 1/6 figures will never be totally real. It's the illusion of reality that's interesting. A posable figure will always have joints of some kind - even seamless bodies cannot hide this fact, as its visible on the necks, wrists, or in some cases, ankles. The joints on many figures these days are hidden under clothing, so that there's really no point in having a seamless body if parts are covered. As for Miss Quinn's kneecaps, I believe Hot Toys made one of their many compromising decisions that they often have to make for their mass-produced products.

Replacing the Hot Toys body with the Phicen is questionable. The Phicen/TBLeague bodies are a bit like tiny versions of Real Dolls. I guess if someone is that lonely, maybe look into those instead if you can afford it :)

Even the sculpture of Ron Mueck has its limit and function as sculpture.

A doll is a doll as well as a figure is a figure. As such, they will have those limitations associated with it, which are part of its function. It was never meant to be a real human.

Still, where do we draw the line? Do we want miniaturized humans? The next thing people will complain about is they don't talk and move on their own.

Yes, in fact I got the charging soon email this morning as well. This is for the exclusive version.

Received my charging soon email today as well for the exclusive. I cannot wait to receive this. I hate it is shipping Wednesday because I won't get it until Monday lol.

Back