1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered mine late, and chose flex pay. The flex pay was going to go on for 2 more months from now but once i saw people here say it was shipping, i changed the payment to finish it all off in 1 go. I did that yesterday, woke up today with tracking. Very pleased

I just ordered the Exclusive one from SSC website- it list the figure as "In Production" when I checked order status. Reading the thread it looks like a lot of board members got shipping notices last week. Would my order since it was placed so late, likely be part of a later shipment from Hot Toys?

My Joker is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I hope it comes with a coupon code.

I just ordered the Exclusive one from SSC website- it list the figure as "In Production" when I checked order status. Reading the thread it looks like a lot of board members got shipping notices last week. Would my order since it was placed so late, likely be part of a later shipment from Hot Toys?

You sure it didn't say "In Process" maybe?

So other than the elbow joints, where is the coat staining the figure? I got mine in the mail today and need to stain-proof it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I think someone posted a video review that had bad staining in the arm pit area, but he had already coated it up with cling wrap, so no damage to figure.

I wouldn't use cling wrap. You could eventually have moisture build up and that could cause problems. You also have to worry about potential acid and other chemicals used to make the product. I think a white shirt is the best way to go.

I wouldn't use cling wrap. You could eventually have moisture build up and that could cause problems. You also have to worry about potential acid and other chemicals used to make the product. I think a white shirt is the best way to go.
I've been wondering if that had something to do with the bad staining that he showed in the video. Cling wrap does weird stuff.

Glad I saw your post! Thanks for the tip! :) That's what I was planning on doing...looks like its time to scour eBay for a white shirt instead!

Got this yesterday...really cool figure. I wanted to put the coat on him, but it ain't happening. I tried it with a white shirt underneath, but it's a super tight fit...oh well..

You're gonna love when he arrives! I'm really anxious to see pics of somebody successfully getting the jacket to work. I'm not sold on the wrap...and like I said, it's a pain trying to get a shirt to fit underneath!

I'll try it with the shirt later today. I'm devoted to get it done because i want him only with the coat on. And i don't like the idea of wrap with some plastic which can do whatever mess in the long term.

What about a nylon stocking? That's a thin, stretchy material. Although it might be too thin that the color would go through.

This really sucks, though, that you can't just unbox him and display him with the coat unless you're willing to ruin the figure. Nice job, Hot Toys.

Got this guy yesterday, its a great figure and looks a lot like Leto in person.

Also, I put the purple coat on him last night and left it on for a little less than 24 hours and took it off not too long ago and there is no staining from what I can tell. Not sure if that means anything, but even if I were to put a shirt on under the purple coat its would be really difficult cuz the purple coat is pretty tight-fitting. IMG_3098.jpg

Back