1/6 Hot Toys - MMS382 - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Purple Coat) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sculpt is horrible.
It's pretty close to that infamous pic
2b283164bff29abca03a313be39f3266.jpg
8f8de54c5df934e8dd01078ba8b77086.jpg

Yep, body has full tats underneath but weirdly enough distracting black joints... Not so bad if you pose him though. Boots come off the body
the peg of the feet and hand compatible hot toys?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I didn't know I wanted a purple coat Leto Joker, until I realised that he could be had so cheap. Plus I already had a replacement sculpt I could use.

The stock head wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - just a little small and the paint a little off - but I've never been a fan of that screaming sculpt.

Apart from changing the head I took the elbow pegs out of the ankles, and didn't replace them with anything as the ankles sit tightly inside the boots. Also has the advantage of correcting his height.

wOZ2se0.jpg

mRUi1YQ.jpg

Yeah I'm not a fan of the screaming sculpt either, they almost got it right, but the mouth and jawline is too stretched out by at least a quarter, maybe even a third, which makes him look like he has a dislocated jaw or something, at best, to my eyes. Forehead seems a touch too high, too. It all just mixes into something a bit too uncanny valley for me, personally.

And I agree, the letokers are a bit under-rated, they certainly have a lot of shelf presence in hand. As I only wanted one, I went for the arkham straightjacket version, which is the look I preferred, and can also be grabbed for bargain prices these days. Purchased the (official, parted out) smiling head, which I think works really well with the arkham version, along with the joker's pistol, cane, and pistol hand, to give me some other display options, again all of which I got cheap. Paired with Harley (mine is in practically the exact same pose as yours, only with bat instead of mallet), they really do look great on the shelf.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the screaming sculpt either, they almost got it right, but the mouth and jawline is too stretched out by at least a quarter, maybe even a third, which makes him look like he has a dislocated jaw or something, at best, to my eyes. Forehead seems a touch too high, too. It all just mixes into something a bit too uncanny valley for me, personally.

And I agree, the letokers are a bit under-rated, they certainly have a lot of shelf presence in hand. As I only wanted one, I went for the arkham straightjacket version, which is the look I preferred, and can also be grabbed for bargain prices these days. Purchased the (official, parted out) smiling head, which I think works really well with the arkham version, along with the joker's pistol, cane, and pistol hand, to give me some other display options, again all of which I got cheap. Paired with Harley (mine is in practically the exact same pose as yours, only with bat instead of mallet), they really do look great on the shelf.

I went for the Asylum Joker as well originally, intending that to be my one and only Letoker.

The non-laughing HT sculpt is incredible, and I was surprised to be able to capture it as white faces are normally camera shy (plus I don't particularly like photographing figures).

31316049203_109d9ab5e7_o.jpg

I used a recast of it for the Purple Coat Joker, which had previously been on the figure in the background here:

37051541720_4451b1ac96_o.jpg

I passed on the HT Purple Coat Joker because it was too wacky for my taste at the time. But that naughty Crazy Toys is so crazy cheap I couldn't say no.

I didn't know I wanted a purple coat Leto Joker, until I realised that he could be had so cheap. Plus I already had a replacement sculpt I could use.

The stock head wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - just a little small and the paint a little off - but I've never been a fan of that screaming sculpt.

Apart from changing the head I took the elbow pegs out of the ankles, and didn't replace them with anything as the ankles sit tightly inside the boots. Also has the advantage of correcting his height.

wOZ2se0.jpg

mRUi1YQ.jpg
is the crazy toys joker head removable?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

the peg of the feet and hand compatible hot toys?

On this point, have a look at Andrew's video of the Crazy Toys Wolverine, which shows the elbow joint they used for the ankles:

The Crazy Joker is a little too tall for Leto, but oddly not as tall as he appears in Andrew's review:

Which makes me think that the HT must've been a bit short.

Replacing the stock sculpt reduces some height, as the Crazy Toys sits a bit high. After pulling the pegs out of the boots I pushed the ankles down into them unattached. The boots grip them tightly, and that completes the necessary height reduction.

The body is pretty good in terms of plastic quality, texture and weight. The downside are the joints that mean the coat has to stay on. The chest/abdomen seam is actually pretty neat and doesn't stand out as it does in the video, at least on mine.

I found the legs a bit awkward to pose, even after removing the odd ankle joints. But this may be to do with them using the same joint over and over throughout the body.

For £38.95 delivered from China within 9 days it was really a steal, in more ways than one.

More of the crazy toys custom. I can see where you're coming from on the screaming head, but in hand it really has a presence that I love. The serious headsculpt here is also a KO.
d6b82a8dbbbb6585ba0a2942395ae935.jpg
319785368569b5eb8b4a751c95a72a04.jpg
4239011e6f3fb329c9df34db7ceb0394.jpg
4c2aa6f55e21040a47c579b98a1e23ec.jpg
74f6bdc9f01d0f3c5307aa1daccaf48c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just took the coat off of mine and the purple staining is pretty bad on his shoulders, arms, and parts of his back. Sigh....if I was confident in painting, I could easily be made into bruising, but I don't want to **** him up more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just took the coat off of mine and the purple staining is pretty bad on his shoulders, arms, and parts of his back. Sigh....if I was confident in painting, I could easily be made into bruising, but I don't want to **** him up more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mine too ! [emoji3064]
Anyone found a way to successfully remove the stains from the body?

Yeah... for anyone planning on putting the jacket on consider making a plastic "shirt" for it to put under first. Mine hasn't stained by doing this.

Yeah... for anyone planning on putting the jacket on consider making a plastic "shirt" for it to put under first. Mine hasn't stained by doing this.

Yes , that’s a very good idea but I’m late for that..[emoji22]
Anyone know a good way to try and remove the stains from the body....?[emoji26]

Yes , that’s a very good idea but I’m late for that..[emoji22]
Anyone know a good way to try and remove the stains from the body....?[emoji26]

No, those are there for good. This has been heavily discussed not only in this thread but every thread that has dark fabric touching body for years. You live and learn, sorry.

Back