1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kinda hoping I could avoid buying this... but damn it's amazing. Best HT's female headsculpt to date.

We all get old, even actresses.

shes aging. She was in her 20's when she made IM2, now she's in her 30's. I think she looks better now.

Oh if I came off as judgemental that wasn't my intention at all. It was more in response to the "pudgier" comment. She's 6 years older plus she's a new mom. My apologies if it came off as body shaming or anything like that.

The figure turned out great. The hair is like anything else they do, IMO, it takes time to master. And they are getting better at it. Getting to the point where nearly every figure is photo realistic and for a posable action figure at 1/6, given where the industry was just 10 years ago (at the same level as 1960 gi joes really) it's pretty remarkable. Great time to be a collector...unless you like money.

The box art looks like the original Civil War comic covers. If it was intentional it's a nice nod.

It does, doesn't it. Nice touch if that was intentional.

Civil_War_7.jpg

I feel like one Black Widow is all I need.

...however, since I currently have zero Black Widows, I'm still planning on getting this one :yess:

Amen brother, this will be my fifth Hot Toys figure overall, and it will be the version of the Black Widow that I will have in my collection.

Oh if I came off as judgemental that wasn't my intention at all. It was more in response to the "pudgier" comment. She's 6 years older plus she's a new mom. My apologies if it came off as body shaming or anything like that.

I didnt take it bad just an observation. When IM 2 came out I thought she was pretty now I think she's beautiful. As I get older I'm more attractive to women my age moreso than women in their 20's. I thought most men held flames for women in their 20's even as they got older but I find the opposite. I think young women are cute but 30 and over is my preference now.

Looking at more pics, yeah it's the best Black Widow figure ever made but the sculpt is probably like 85% to the proto. Which kinda makes me sad since the proto headsculpt looks ****ing amazing.

I was kinda hoping I could avoid buying this... but damn it's amazing. Best HT's female headsculpt to date.

Me too, god damn I was going to wait for the IW version but this hard to resist. That said, best Scarjo headsculpt to date, I'd give Scarlet Witch the best HT's female tho

Looking at more pics, yeah it's the best Black Widow figure ever made but the sculpt is probably like 85% to the proto. Which kinda makes me sad since the proto headsculpt looks ****ing amazing.

I think the HS is the same, it's all in the paint application...The painter at the factory is not the artist who painted the proto...

I have no idea what people are hating about...I think this figure is one of the best HT has done of a female. Everything looks great in my opinion, I think people are being way too picky, but again, just my two cents.

Ah well, they could have done a tad better with the application. I'm totally one of those people who are being way too picky but i'm still buying it anyway. **** my wallet. XD But anyways, how long will it be for Sideshow to get it? I was debating on paying an extra 30 to get it here in two days but i'm not exactly DYING to get another Natasha. Clint and Wanda would be a different story.

It's hard to say, I would imagine Sideshow has it by the end of October. They had Captain America in two weeks after Hot Toys released it, so maybe we'll get lucky and she'll be in really quickly too.

I like the optimism, but Cap was an aberration. It's almost unprecedented for SSC to have a figure that quickly after release in HK.

I'd still bet on the 4-6 week window and anticipate early November for BW.

how different is this costume from the Winter Soldier one?

Doesn't seem a whole lot different. Except maybe this one can accomodate her folded batons on the back, I think.

Just like in the movies, the suits aren't all that different except the AoU one.

Back