1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is release date for Hong Kong?
never mind just looked and she is in-stock in HK

Last edited:
these pics are hit or miss. in some of the shots, her face looks....a little pudgy? or maybe she looks a bit masculine in some. i can't put my finger on it. will still likely buy tho haha. will be my 4th widow

If you look at ScarJo through the years, she definitely appears a bit "pudgier." Not big by any means but to me I see it most in the face.

Iron Man 2
tumblr_static_7acw3pab6y8sws88owc0w8ws4.jpg

CW
scarlett-johansson-looking-hot-as-black-widow-captain-america-civil-war.jpg

Maybe it's the hair? But overall I just think ScarJo's softened up over the years.

She has gotten thinner with her body though. In Iron Man 2 she was flying around with a diaper booty. Now she looks much more athletic and believable. I also find it odd that she had a baby during civil war (I think) but looks thinner still. I'm glad they got rid of that funnel cake hair though and I'm also glad that they got rid of Whedon's "I want to speak to the manager" haircut

She has gotten thinner with her body though. In Iron Man 2 she was flying around with a diaper booty. Now she looks much more athletic and believable. I also find it odd that she had a baby during civil war (I think) but looks thinner still. I'm glad they got rid of that funnel cake hair though and I'm also glad that they got rid of Whedon's "I want to speak to the manager" haircut

Pretty sure it was Age of Ultron she was pregnant for so they shot all her scenes sooner than scheduled. Regardless, she's a MILF.

Pretty sure it was Age of Ultron she was pregnant for so they shot all her scenes sooner than scheduled. Regardless, she's a MILF.

They use a body double as well. I do agree on the MILF part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at ScarJo through the years, she definitely appears a bit "pudgier." Not big by any means but to me I see it most in the face.

Iron Man 2
tumblr_static_7acw3pab6y8sws88owc0w8ws4.jpg

CW
scarlett-johansson-looking-hot-as-black-widow-captain-america-civil-war.jpg

Maybe it's the hair? But overall I just think ScarJo's softened up over the years.

shes aging. She was in her 20's when she made IM2, now she's in her 30's. I think she looks better now.

Confused by the box art... short hair and batons look straight out of AOU. Also I thought the boxes themes would be Team Iron Man/Team Cap but Hawkeye is on this one ... Ant-Man makes some sense since she comes with him.
9c1862780a08443b5e243b0fbeebc895.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The box art looks like the original Civil War comic covers. If it was intentional it's a nice nod.

Yup it was definitely AOU my bad. And yes I agree, I think she looks better now but I think it's the hair that was bothering me more than anything.

I think the eye makeup is light. but the sculpt looks good.

Are one of those supposed to be different? I can't tell.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to buy the head. I like the AOU suit for my "Avengers" lineup. I'm a little torn but I don't like having multiple representations of a character on the my shelf

I owned the Avengers BW, and her suit was the most flattering, but also it deteriorates very easily. The face was not Scarlett at all. So I bought the WS sculpt. But this new one looks more resilient, the sculpt looks great, and the hair is wonderful. Really looking forward to her, right next to my Mk VII.

Are one of those supposed to be different? I can't tell.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to buy the head. I like the AOU suit for my "Avengers" lineup. I'm a little torn but I don't like having multiple representations of a character on the my shelf
I'm with you 100% on this. Doing the same and feel the same with representation on shelf.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My thoughts:

My first foray into collecting the Marvel movies was The Avengers (which is still my favorite). I bought the main 6 (Hawkeye, BW, Cap, Hulk, IM Mrk VII, and Thor) and Loki. Since, I've been adding new characters I like (Falcon, Winter Soldier, Fury from Winter Soldier, Maria Hill, Vision, WM from AOU).

When Civil War came out, I finally decided to replace my Cap with a new one. It was time. The first Avengers version was a one-off, and it seems like this uniform has been pretty much standardized at this point (give or take some details). I bought a Falcon too, for the same reason - it looks like this is going to be his standard look (might also be a while before we see another version of them).

Even before then, with AoU, and even to a lesser extent WS, I was tempted to upgrade my Cap. He's gotten better and better - sculpting, clothing, etc. I was tempted to get HawkEye from CW, but I feel like his Avengers look is more his standard look (at least for now, he's appeared in it more). But you can't deny the new one looks better. Hulk from AoU looked better. IM is now diecast (though I still like the Mark VII the best). DW and AoU Thor were TONS better - I upgraded the head and body on mine. There's just all this improvement all around, as there should be.

And then we come here, and I just can't justify paying for another BW. I was thinking about it - but the figure reveal just looks...about the same. I don't see much improvement from my Avengers version. Of course, HT can't be faulted for a character that hasn't changed much in style. I just see all the BWs since Avengers as pretty much lateral moves. These are new copies, but not improvements per se.

Maybe that's just me? Do you guys really see a reason to upgrade? It's funny to me that I have a 4-year-old figure now that I have no interest in doing any upgrades to.

I agree. The last post I made yesterday was about this in the Iron Man thread. In my case my Avengers are set around AoU, but I did (only a matter of a couple of months before the earlier AoU figs came out.. ie Cap and Iron Man 43) buy TDW Thor and TWS Widow as my reps of their characters. In both cases it saved me a bit of money, and a couple of months time. In both cases the more my collection grew, the more I wanted an AoU set together, so now I have 'update' characters.

Then I went all Thor and bought the first two from e-sellers in Asia, so have the full set of him (except the sleeveless EX) and the one Loki I can justify (if I could get Avengers Loki for a respectable price, he'd be mine too)... I'll be buying from the third Thor movie, no doubt about that... so there forms my first MCU character collection outside of my Avengers group.

But Widow now sits alone. She's my only MCU character.. actually, my only Hot Toy figure at all that sits alone. She just doesn't fit anywhere. I can't justify getting a new version of her, although this may just be the best ever figure to date of her. (Lets face it, we all want to smack Tony Stark for that AoU Tron suit) and the sculpt may just be the best yet. I'm cautious with marketing shots about forming a final opinion.

She is however the one Civil War character I do get that very small niggle to upgrade. Curiously I have no desire to buy Cap, Iron Man or Hawkeye. Scarlet Witch is coming to my collection, but she's going onto my "Charlie's Angels" - Scarlet Witches display area..

I feel like one Black Widow is all I need.

...however, since I currently have zero Black Widows, I'm still planning on getting this one :yess:

Back