1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling how it turned out at all. Looks significantly different than the prototype and not in a good way.

head sculpt is good!! :clap

133236d8l7et7aze77eet8.jpg
133242rqo6ya1wog641p00.jpg

Wow best sculpt to date. I wasn't planning to get this at all but I may have to get one afterall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts:

My first foray into collecting the Marvel movies was The Avengers (which is still my favorite). I bought the main 6 (Hawkeye, BW, Cap, Hulk, IM Mrk VII, and Thor) and Loki. Since, I've been adding new characters I like (Falcon, Winter Soldier, Fury from Winter Soldier, Maria Hill, Vision, WM from AOU).

When Civil War came out, I finally decided to replace my Cap with a new one. It was time. The first Avengers version was a one-off, and it seems like this uniform has been pretty much standardized at this point (give or take some details). I bought a Falcon too, for the same reason - it looks like this is going to be his standard look (might also be a while before we see another version of them).

Even before then, with AoU, and even to a lesser extent WS, I was tempted to upgrade my Cap. He's gotten better and better - sculpting, clothing, etc. I was tempted to get HawkEye from CW, but I feel like his Avengers look is more his standard look (at least for now, he's appeared in it more). But you can't deny the new one looks better. Hulk from AoU looked better. IM is now diecast (though I still like the Mark VII the best). DW and AoU Thor were TONS better - I upgraded the head and body on mine. There's just all this improvement all around, as there should be.

And then we come here, and I just can't justify paying for another BW. I was thinking about it - but the figure reveal just looks...about the same. I don't see much improvement from my Avengers version. Of course, HT can't be faulted for a character that hasn't changed much in style. I just see all the BWs since Avengers as pretty much lateral moves. These are new copies, but not improvements per se.

Maybe that's just me? Do you guys really see a reason to upgrade? It's funny to me that I have a 4-year-old figure now that I have no interest in doing any upgrades to.

Looks good to me. Final judgment will be reserved for when it's in hand of course, but it'll probably supplant TWS BW as being my favorite BW.

Hmm ... I really dunno what to do. The face looks great on this one but I fear the hair's gonna be loads of work. I thought of getting TWS BW since I really liked that hair cut and it looked like it didn't give you lots of problems. :/

And then we come here, and I just can't justify paying for another BW. I was thinking about it - but the figure reveal just looks...about the same. I don't see much improvement from my Avengers version. Of course, HT can't be faulted for a character that hasn't changed much in style. I just see all the BWs since Avengers as pretty much lateral moves. These are new copies, but not improvements per se.

Maybe that's just me? Do you guys really see a reason to upgrade? It's funny to me that I have a 4-year-old figure now that I have no interest in doing any upgrades to.

:exactly: I feel the same, I have the Avengers 1 Widow and TWS version and I think that will be it for me Widow-wise. I have the Avengers 1 version in my 'team display' and won't be upgrading anytime soon - there are just too many other (new) characters being released that I would rather have. For me personally I see no need to buy any more versions of this character for my collection.

:exactly: I feel the same, I have the Avengers 1 Widow and TWS version and I think that will be it for me Widow-wise. I have the Avengers 1 version in my 'team display' and won't be upgrading anytime soon - there are just too many other (new) characters being released that I would rather have. For me personally I see no need to buy any more versions of this character for my collection.

I could see myself buying her if there was a significant upgrade in looks. That's part of why I bought CW Cap - that unmasked headsculpt, even though we've seen it enough times now, is still pretty spot on. But I don't see any more ScarJo in this one than in TWS, AoU, or Avengers (I know some of those are the same sculpt, of course). I could also see it if there was some amazing extras that came along with her, but there haven't been thus far.

these pics are hit or miss. in some of the shots, her face looks....a little pudgy? or maybe she looks a bit masculine in some. i can't put my finger on it. will still likely buy tho haha. will be my 4th widow

Back