1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

I like her batons more now :) and her hair :woo

Same, every time I consider hunting down a TWS version I end up coming across photos of this one which sways me back!

So the latest artwork finally shows her yielding the police batons and not the "lightsaber" style batons from AOU, so does she get both in CW? I am curious about accessories on this one after the big guns (pun intended) that came with the AOU version, I am expecting some meaningful accessories on this one...

Noticed some rumors about a disctinct look that might be in the film, looks like retro blackwidow anyone else caught sight of this?

black-widow-just-went-old-school-for-captain-america-civil-war-530330.jpg
ae07d003025efb4fdb345d7cef797b45 (1).jpg

After examining the photos and the clearer ones it doesn't seem too off. I think the AOU one is the better option but if it comes out good it may not be a pass. At the moment the sculpt isn't striking me from these photos. I will say the outfit is awesome but Hot Toys needs to work on the likeness a bit more.

The hair looks the best of any so far but they failed miserably on the face.

Wasn't going to get anything from this film since I'm sticking strictly to Avenger lines but this one looks really good.

This is an avengers line. Lol it will have more avengers then A1 had..

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

I agree. Good looking figure. Be my fav widow so far.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

I love this version's hair. I may just have to get the head sculpt and use it on my TWS Black Widow.

The hair looks the best of any so far but they failed miserably on the face.

I agree. I would get because of the hair, but depends on how the face looks. But looks to me like they are using the same head as the previous 2. The last one I have is TWS version. The other is the Avengers version. I don't have the IM2 version. At least those 3 have different heads. But seems like they will be stocking with TWS scuplt for a while. AOU version's hair was terrible, frizzy etc. Like someone cut and mangled TWS one.
It's funny how Cobie Smulders and Elizabeth Olsen's sculpts are perfect first try, but ScarJo's aren't after so many attempts. Maybe the Maria Hill and SW sculptor shoud do BW.

...It's funny how Cobie Smulders and Elizabeth Olsen's sculpts are perfect first try, but ScarJo's aren't after so many attempts. Maybe the Maria Hill and SW sculptor shoud do BW.

You would think that by TWS or AOU they would have nailed it! But no! I think TWS/AOU was pretty close but no cigar. I was pissed that they nailed Smulders and Olsen on the very first one! I think Johansson rejects the ones that look too close to her...

Face sculpt aside I think this will be my first Black Widow, up until now the WS look was probably my favourite but I think I like her costume more this time round... Looking forward to seeing eventual promo/secret base photos (I can wait though I think we need to see some figures from some of HT's other lines first... Han Solo and the likes, plenty of time till May but it will be here soon enough).

I think the sculpt has been fine in the past, it's just the body that throws off the likeness, especially with the neck because it's too long on the figure. Scarlett is curvy and the figure is a slim build. The image of this figure from that catalogue looks more proportional to Scarlett, but it could be just lighting and camera angles. Hair is definitely the best so far. I will probably pick her up as I don't have an all black costumed version.

Looks ok but they still haven't gotten the body right. Scarlett is much more curvy. Until they get that right I'll keep my Avengers 1 version.

Where are all of the pre-orders on these Civil War figures? :impatient:
You would think they would be cranking them out like the Star Wars figures were for a while.

Back