1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go.

Black Widow head

It looks better than my pictures of it, by the way--I'm not great with taking pictures.

Woohoo! That's the same one I bought!

If it's just a matter of sitting deeper in the head, a dremel with a rotary bit should take care of it. As soon as I get mine, I'll try it out and let you guys know.

I feel like with the new head, who needs a new widow?

So here is the Civil War KO head on the A1 body. I think it's such a nice combination!
IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1890.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg
IMG_1878.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse me,but you did something to the hairline? There's a hole on top of her forehead. Maybe the hair are not sitting like they should?

Likeness looks good, but that gap in the hair at the top of the forehead is an eyesore.

To be honest I didn't even notice until anyone said anything lol. With that said I get what people are saying and will try and fix it today. But given that it's a KO head I get that QC may not be the best and I still like it. And not that noticeable in person, the closeup and angle of shooting the pictures I've learned highlights it more. But thanks for the heads up (no pun intended) everyone! lol

So I tried to shift the hair over a bit and worked marginally but it's not that easy lol. The rooting might be a little off which like I said doesn't bother me in person because I think in pictures it looks much worse than it really is. Anyways here are some new pics of the attempted fix.
IMG_1912.jpg
IMG_1920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw on Onesixthkit's FB page that someone took the head apart; the wig is just lightly glued in place, so there's no reason you couldn't take it apart and reposition it a bit. I might attempt it depending on how it looks when I get it. Doesn't look particularly hard.

I saw on Onesixthkit's FB page that someone took the head apart; the wig is just lightly glued in place, so there's no reason you couldn't take it apart and reposition it a bit. I might attempt it depending on how it looks when I get it. Doesn't look particularly hard.

True, I'd be afraid of messing it up though lol, considering I didn't notice it to begin with and its sitting in my case with my other figures the amount of time I would be looking at her head that close is minimal. From normal viewing distance don't even feel its an issue

Fair enough. It does look great. And honestly, at least in the pics I've seen, the original HT head doesn't necessarily look any different. I'm really excited to get this head...makes for an entirely new figure at a fraction of the cost.

Fair enough. It does look great. And honestly, at least in the pics I've seen, the original HT head doesn't necessarily look any different. I'm really excited to get this head...makes for an entirely new figure at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks, yeah like you said for 20 bucks investment and in doing so you get an entirely updated new figure you can't go wrong. Beats shelling out $220 for a new figure lol

hmm, that knock off head really shows off where the hair line is at. Maybe if you just restyle the hair a bit, you can hide it.

Looking back at some of the in-hand pics of the legit Civil War BW, the hairline is not that noticeable

Ah, well I'm glad to hear that you say it doesn't look as bad in person as it shows in pictures. The likeness of the sculpt is great, but if the gap at the hair line looked anything like it shows in pictures, that would personally irk the heck out of me.

I know you mentioned you're afraid of messing it up, but as others mentioned, perhaps you can take it apart and fix the hair a bit. To me, that's almost what many knock off sculpts are for: to be the guinea pigs for mods so as to keep original HT sculpts pristine. :lol

When it comes down to it though, the only thing that matters is if it looks good to you or not. If it looks fine to you, then don't do anything. :duff

It'd be better with sculpted hair, even if it limited articulation. Or they could do swap out hair sculpts like they did on the Star Wars figures.

I'm 50/50 with fixing the gap with mine. I personally don't give that much of a fk to fix it but when I find time to kill...

Back