1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, it was a great look for "Winter" and achieved what Hydra wanted it to - make him look imposing while hiding his identity and keeping him in check, but if post-Winter Soldier Bucky ever wore that mask again, as the man he is now, free of Hydra, and not in flashbacks - it would be disturbing of the highest order.

Hmm, well, *assuming* Thanos and/or the Black Order have attacked earth and Bucky opts to join efforts to fight back, if needed for protection IMO it'd just be common sense to have some sort of face protection. Spiderman and BP have fully covered faces and if Bucky acquires/wants some sort of mask from Wakanda assume it's state of the art. Or there could be a scene where it's nothing more than a cloth he picks up and uses for a few minutes.:dunno

But:

https://newatlas.com/face-paint-heat-protection/23863/
For millennia, face paint has helped soldiers avoid being seen by enemy forces. This Wednesday, however, a team of scientists from the University of Southern Mississippi announced that a new type of face paint may soon also be able to protect against the heat of bomb blasts and other explosions. Additionally, a clear version of the paint could be used by civilian firefighters.

Re comic art so far don't see Bucky having his mouth/jaw covered very often (so far). But the eye mask...

WIKIPEDIA Military Camouflage
In modern warfare, some forms of camouflage, for example face paints, also offer concealment from infrared sensors, while CADPAT textiles in addition help to provide concealment from radar...Strong contrasts which disrupt outlines are better suited for environments such as forests where the play of light and shade is prominent, while low contrasts are better suited to open terrain with little shading structure.

On an episode of MythBusters, Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman tested whether eye black reduces glare. They determined that, while eye black does not eliminate glare, it does improve an athlete's ability to differentiate between light and dark, enhancing a player's ability to track moving objects in a sunny environment.

WS_comic_opt.jpg

Just give me some eye grease and I'm good.:monkey3

ws_blackeyes.jpg

Hahahahaha you all make valid points. For me im just selfish i guess lol. I want him with his mask cuz its freaking cool. If he's role in IW is big enough I want him to live up to the title and go to WAR. Unleash the beast so to speak. As for comments talking about being "free". I prefer he's not. I like the character but fixing him might be just an easy way out. Even if they take the mind control element away the guy is still a tortured soul. Cant just recover / pull a 180 just like that. Knowing that he will always be a threat he should make the ultimate sacrifice. Go out with a bang! And down the line get the ultimate badass Hot toys WS figure [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a side note. I just say CA:WS yesterday again. E IM went ahainst that winter soldier boy that would have been a different outcome for tony haha

Hahahahaha you all make valid points. For me im just selfish i guess lol. I want him with his mask cuz its freaking cool. If he's role in IW is big enough I want him to live up to the title and go to WAR. Unleash the beast so to speak. As for comments talking about being "free". I prefer he's not. I like the character but fixing him might be just an easy way out. Even if they take the mind control element away the guy is still a tortured soul. Cant just recover / pull a 180 just like that. Knowing that he will always be a threat he should make the ultimate sacrifice. Go out with a bang! And down the line get the ultimate badass Hot toys WS figure [emoji23][emoji23]
You must really dislike Bucky then ... :dunno
He might never heal completely and he will never be the Bucky from before the war nor the one during the war but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't get the chance to live his life the way he damn well pleases without being owned by someone or tortured or brainwashed and USED. Thankfully, the Russos get that and he'll not wear a mask like that again. :mad: 'Fixing' him isn't the easy way out, it's the hard one coz there is no complete fix. It's about accepting things and living with yourself and the things you have done and growing as a person and not giving up. That's life. That's the hard part. Lying down and crying and whining and not trying to get better, letting others dictate what you do and who you are, that is the easy way out.

Now, the war paint is a different story. I could see him donning that in the future.

Hmm, well, *assuming* Thanos and/or the Black Order have attacked earth and Bucky opts to join efforts to fight back, if needed for protection IMO it'd just be common sense to have some sort of face protection. Spiderman and BP have fully covered faces and if Bucky acquires/wants some sort of mask from Wakanda assume it's state of the art. Or there could be a scene where it's nothing more than a cloth he picks up and uses for a few minutes.:dunno

I'm not against him having some kind of face covering if the situation demands it, don't get me wrong :lol I'm just against him having the stifling, akin-to-a-muzzle-for-dogs mask that he wore in TWS again. Obviously I don't expect Bucky to choke on dust or gas if they're in a desert or something :lol

You must really dislike Bucky then ... :dunno
He might never heal completely and he will never be the Bucky from before the war nor the one during the war but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't get the chance to live his life the way he damn well pleases without being owned by someone or tortured or brainwashed and USED. Thankfully, the Russos get that and he'll not wear a mask like that again. :mad: 'Fixing' him isn't the easy way out, it's the hard one coz there is no complete fix. It's about accepting things and living with yourself and the things you have done and growing as a person and not giving up. That's life. That's the hard part. Lying down and crying and whining and not trying to get better, letting others dictate what you do and who you are, that is the easy way out.

Now, the war paint is a different story. I could see him donning that in the future.

:goodpost::exactly:

Well fine. Since you put it that way hehehehei just hope whatever they do with him moving forward will be satisfying. As im typing this I wonder in what movie they will focus on him. I dont see them doing a cal 4 anytime soon (for sure not before im4 if that ever happens). IW story is too big to focus in him and black panther we dont even know if he will show up[emoji848]

I wonder about that too. Seb has 7 movies left ... considering he's in IW and Avengers 4, that means 5 more movies to go. They could go the WS trilogy route but I kinda doubt that seeing how many years that would take. :/

LOL, not gonna lie, I'm selfish too, just watching Bucky bust out of that glass aquarium chair thing in CW is really IMO spiritual.:monkey3:lol

But I'd disagree that Bucky, knowing he'll always be dangerous, should make the "ultimate sacrifice" - you mean suicide? IMO WS/Bucky is ALREADY suicidal or suicidally brave, anyway:(. Like in WS when he just throws himself at Cap and they both go over the railing - he didn't care; just the mission.

And in CW when Cap was fighting IM, Bucky could'a just run away. I mean, he freakin' takes on IM mano a mano at the end (without, I think, trying to kill Tony outright). Bucky's already wrestling w. guilt and Sebastian Stan said Bucky, in CW, "is learning about things he's done that he doesn't remember". So yeah, this is a tortured soul but IMO a tortured soul who survived Hydra with some tattered fragments of self left (that's why Hydra kept wiping his mind).

So I think MAYBE that'll be a major plot point with Bucky somehow:dunno. Whether Bucky's afraid of his own mind and abilities won't matter, because it won't matter what he was forced to do as a Hydra weapon, the Winter Soldier is needed now. It's sorta like when Cap sez about "sometimes not everyone survives; but if we can't find a way to live with that, maybe next time, no-one gets saved". Maybe it's T'Challa that wakes up Bucky when Thanos comes and gives him a new arm but lets Bucky make HIS OWN CHOICE - fight and just maybe "do a little evil to do a lot of good", or walk away. FREEDOM.

And 'coz Bucky is a soldier think the choice is already made (if that's what happens). Bucky won't walk away. And there'll be some major *ss-kicking. It'll be like that line from that old movie Next of Kin - "You ain't seen bad yet. But it's coming.":devil (Which IMO isn't a bad reference thinkin' that Cap and Bucky are bonded brothers :love which in itself is reason for Bucky to stay alive. Steve Rogers believed in Bucky and so does T'Challa. Outside of the fact that Bucky was a POW anyway.)

WS_red_opt.jpg

Thats the thing. Knowing what he knows now he should be worried and afraid what they will make him do if they get a hold of him again. I didnt mean suicide perse but more like going on a mission which he know he ain't coming back from alive for the greater good. Hes a soldier that fights for his country but all the enemy has to do is utter those words and just like that hes gon full evil again. I meam thats no way to live man. I net the Russos have something awesome planned for him. The problem is i cant wait LOL

:cool:
I'm not against him having some kind of face covering if the situation demands it, don't get me wrong :lol I'm just against him having the stifling, akin-to-a-muzzle-for-dogs mask that he wore in TWS again. Obviously I don't expect Bucky to choke on dust or gas if they're in a desert or something :lol

LOL:cool:

*Wince* Felt my throat closing up just reading that description:(. Yeah - the "muzzle" and reading about the constricting clothing and sets kinda implying the [cruel] restraint of an animal...the directors know what they're doing [non-verbally] IMO it was a balm of sorts, seeing Bucky in [white] comfortable clothing being cared for and peaceful even if a bit sad. About friggin' time IMO (thank you T'Challa!:cool:)

ANYWAY. A lot of folks love the assassin Bucky - looks cool - but re a movie costume/HT - who can say...being masked is a cool look but personally most of the time can't see any reason why a freed Bucky would wear one of his own choice, except temporarily. And the Russos seem to be keepin' it real (as real as you can in these kinds of movies:lol). (Post-WS Bucky is wearing street clothes and has a cr@p apartment in CW, pretty much what I would expect at that point. Confused, isolated, hiding. Not wearing black leather and a bunch of weapons:cool:).

So do think we've seen the last of a masked Bucky, srsly. Because *realistically* IMO not much point. Besides, Cap sez in Ultron that "even I can tell the air is getting thin up here" e.g. enhanced breathing which I assume Bucky and probably T'Challa has too. So even w. lots of dust/poisons not sure a super soldier needs a lot of breathing protection.:dunno

Still hoping for some eye grease tho:monkey3 and long-ish hair at least until he takes the shield:monkey3

Thats the thing. Knowing what he knows now he should be worried and afraid what they will make him do if they get a hold of him again. I didnt mean suicide perse but more like going on a mission which he know he ain't coming back from alive for the greater good. Hes a soldier that fights for his country but all the enemy has to do is utter those words and just like that hes gon full evil again. I meam thats no way to live man. I net the Russos have something awesome planned for him. The problem is i cant wait LOL

LOL I can't wait either...just thinkin' OK end of May now, 11 more months to go *sigh* and I know it's only a movie but still...

True re the "trigger words" but GUESSING T'Challa's technology can take the edge off and/or it's the "need" for a super soldier - maybe Bucky's sent in someplace specifically as an assassin or volunteers (and that's what forces Tony to use his technology to help Bucky OR Black Widow sneaks the technology to T'Challa). But for sure we'll get some *badassery*. Because of those pics of Seb training and w. stuntmen. You don't need people like that or to train like that if you're going to sit things out. I mean, the directors are the Russos:love, 2 movies in w. some stellar action pieces OMG.

lol ... that's the precise reason why he decided to go back into cryo.

lol ... that's the precise reason why he decided to go back into cryo.

Although, if you had the words, in theory, you'd have a super-soldier weapon, tho not sure it did Zemo much good since Bucky did SOMETHING to him:monkey3 - and then Bucky had to rescue Karpov...dragging him along...:lol

Meanwhile, re the actual HT - rainy Saturday playing with Bucky....like BP this fig is fun to test things with. Since I don't have my AC Play Bucky yet to mess with either. "Snow Buckys" popped into my head.

Comic snow Bucky:
Bucky_Barnes_(Earth-616).jpg

WW2 Bucky:
BuckyWW2.jpg

"Not fair":lol snow Bucky (Credit: Incredible Figures)
Bucky_incredible_figures.jpg
Playing with my snow Bucky :cool:
Finding a target (probably something of Thanos....)
winter_soldier_snow.jpg

Bucky with a knife is always a good thing :monkey3
winter_soldier_snow2.jpg

Snow Bucky
winter_soldier_snow2a.jpg

winter_soldier_snow3.jpg

Hmm, IMO this costume needs work tho. It's OK IMO but too "doll-like" - has big snaps for one thing. I don't LUV it. It's not BADASS enough. I just wanted to see what Bucky would look like in snow camo:cool:. And I think Bucky needs goggles, or eye grease, and maybe more supplies.

Hmm, IMO this costume needs work tho. It's OK IMO but too "doll-like" - has big snaps for one thing. I don't LUV it. It's not BADASS enough. I just wanted to see what Bucky would look like in snow camo:cool:. And I think Bucky needs goggles, or eye grease, and maybe more supplies.

Haha Thanks for the pics. It's cool seeing Bucky in some snow camo though, but ur right, its not BADASS enough. I can see Buck in something more like this...
BuckySnow.jpg

And standing on something like this hahaha...
BuckySnowTank.jpg

Haha Thanks for the pics. It's cool seeing Bucky in some snow camo though, but ur right, its not BADASS enough. I can see Buck in something more like this...

Looking at your pics - now THAT is BADASS:clap. *Meh*. That's what I get for getting Bucky CHEAP camo. Lesson learned there - just didn't want to shell out the $70 bucks or so for some of the better sets....

MC_snowcamo.jpg

Like, I don't need all the stuff that comes with this, either:(. I'd guess that the Winter Soldier may have stalked targets through the woods, maybe waited for hours to line up a shot - but just don't think he spent WEEKS in the woods or anything; and probably spent a lot of time in urban environments. So I'm thinking clothes/supplies for 24-48 hours at most re being in winter woods. Parka, gloves, goggles, maybe a hat, weapons.

LOL all guesswork on my part but Bucky showed up in TWS with a whole bunch of guys who seemed to know what weapons he wanted, like he'd worked with them before. E.g. I assume Bucky had mission support when needed.

I do like the winter camo effect tho - but it's gotta be BADASS like your pics. Bucky may get a winter camo upgrade but he's NOT getting this Hummer:lol:

humvee.jpg

Over $1,000 on the 'bay!!!!:horror

Although, if you had the words, in theory, you'd have a super-soldier weapon, tho not sure it did Zemo much good since Bucky did SOMETHING to him:monkey3
My point was that Buck went back into cryo precisely because he didn't trust his own mind and didn't want to run around when someone could just use the words to control him. Once they find a way to get rid of the trigger words (hello Wanda or Tony or T'Challa's scientists) he's good to go.

Anyway~~ looks like I'll finally get my WS this week. :yess:

Anyway~~ looks like I'll finally get my WS this week. :yess:

You mean the IS? Course, I'm still waiting on AC Play Bucky and he remains *elusive*:dunno tho all the pics I see - the clothes look pretty good better than the MC clothes I wasted money on...

Anyway, I know I felt great when the HT trio was FINALLY together. But LOL still haven't gotten to those buttons on the MC.

trio.jpg

But re the IS - OMG!!!!:)

You mean the IS? Course, I'm still waiting on AC Play Bucky and he remains *elusive*:dunno tho all the pics I see - the clothes look pretty good better than the MC clothes I wasted money on...

Anyway, I know I felt great when the HT trio was FINALLY together. But LOL still haven't gotten to those buttons on the MC.
No, I mean the Hot Toys CW WS. :bunnydanc

Back