1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got email from Sideshow, my Caps will be here Thursday! Can't wait, will be my 1st Capt. America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had trouble with the shield too. I got it on fine. But I was messing with it couple days ago and his hand kept coming off with the shield in it. I didn't have this problem with my other caps. Is this...a thing for this figure? the Hand and peg that keeps doing it look like they're in working order.

I've had trouble with the shield too. I got it on fine. But I was messing with it couple days ago and his hand kept coming off with the shield in it. I didn't have this problem with my other caps. Is this...a thing for this figure? the Hand and peg that keeps doing it look like they're in working order.

is the peg breaking? or is it just slipping out?

if you want a quick fix, you could cut some scotch tape and wrap the hand peg to bulk it up a bit. I know having to do this is kinda crummy

To me it sounds like it's a case of the hand not being securely attached to the peg. Sometimes it feels like it is, when it's actually not. If possible, I usually bend the hand around a bit to see if it bends with the joint, just to make sure.

But yeah, many people have reported (including myself) that the shield for this particular figure seems particularly troublesome to apply. Even ShartimusPrime, who has always easily been able to to apply strapped shields to Cap figures, stated this one was a pain in the ass to attach in his review.

Normally, what I would do if the hand does not fit in snug to the peg, is to just take a hobby/exacto knife and slice away a layer or two of the peg hole in the hand...no problem every since.

Most important is to not try attaching it by force as you risk breaking the peg inside the hand hole.

Normally, what I would do if the hand does not fit in snug to the peg, is to just take a hobby/exacto knife and slice away a layer or two of the peg hole in the hand...no problem every since.

Most important is to not try attaching it by force as you risk breaking the peg inside the hand hole.

that would work if the peg is too big. But I think in this case, the peg is too small

Well, with most of my figures, I hear a slight pop when I put the hands back on pegs, I didn't hear that with this Cap so maybe it's just not secure? I don't know. It's just not as easy as with past Cap figures. I'll work with him more and see. My time has been limited lately so I haven't been able to enjoy this figure as much as my others.

Got my first ever CA in today and man is he awesome! So many poses you can do but I went with this. Will definitely look good when I get BP and IM in.
724ad0cba27c4e7cc9c321c7f60a9b50.jpg
0860bb8f42191df13f86dab6a874be49.jpg
a10836ea8d304d3bc580f98746c55a5f.jpg
f846cc7affad42a5423d19716786bf4b.jpg
d99225d9dfc6009a3e38f75abeab15e3.jpg

Hm I keep seeing that people had trouble with the shield ... I didn't at all. Sure it wasn't as easy as AOU Cap but it wasn't all that tough either ...

Back