1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine, pretty much what I expected. The pants look much better, and the shoulders look bigger.

Not a fan of the sculpt though, which is unfortunate, because the paint and skin texture look excellent. I might be selling the faceplate sculpt, so I switched it out for an AoU Cap sculpt I had.

Is the paint and texture on the BV sculpt as nice as this one?

Last edited:
Is the box/box art the same as Battling Cap? Is that brick wall ground base a custom? It looks similar to the Battling Cap base.

Anyone have side-by-side comparison photos of the two? Are they the same or is there actually "battle-damage" on Battling Cap? If this is delayed from Sideshow (didn't receive an email though), I'm considering just picking up the switch-out-mouth-head and shield separately parted out and save a bit on the whole figure if its a replica...

What head is on your Golden Age Cap?

Yes, the brick wall was a custom I bought on ebay.
The head on my Golden age cap is a heavily modded AOU helmeted head, that I converted to make it look similar to the Golden Age head. I Cut off the ears and added the leather earpieces and added sheen to the helmet.

use fabric glue. its good to have it your HT repair kit

Thanks!

It seems like the avengers logo on the shoulders is easy to peel off, has anybody tried taking them off?

I'm pretty sure they're easy to take off. I saw someone with the Battling version post pics without them ... that and some people said when they got their AOU Caps that they were missing the logo.

I'll probably end up doing it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they're easy to take off. I saw someone with the Battling version post pics without them ... that and some people said when they got their AOU Caps that they were missing the logo.

I'll probably end up doing it myself.

cool! i might give it a try, worst that could happen is that it will leave an annoying glue stain on the cloth which should be removeable with a bit of water i guess.

Congrats, Craig. How's the arm movement on yours? Can you lift his arms high enough to get a punching pose? I have the BV one and mine can't get that high.

The suit restricts movement on the shoulder area and I can't rotate the arm.

Like this?

80d7f0e769dde98e93a23e3fe7fe76a0.jpg

Thanks buddy.
No, not at all man, you didnt overhype the figure for me.
I do actually agree with most of the points you mentioned about the figure.
The biggest letdown for me was the helmeted head cause I had the option of getting the battle damage Cap, and I chose regular cause of the swappable helmeted head.
Had I known I wouldnt even use it, I would have gone with the battle damage as I thought the base is pretty cool.

I didnt have any problems at all putting the shield on, to my surprise. Cause beside you, I've read from several people that they had a hard time putting theirs on. But mine was pretty easy.

Lol, no I didnt lower the pants on CW cap like I did with AOU. AOU needed it eventhough it didnt line up with the actual movie suit, but you had to push the pants down to make the upper torso look normal.
The pants on mine was like that straight out of the box, and I didnt really pay attention to where its supposed to be cause it looked normal to me, and I put more focus on making up my mind on which head to use. I really wanted to use the CW helmeted head cause that was one of the biggest thing that I was looking forward to in getting this figures. So it was kinda a bummer for me personally feeling letdown with the helmeted head.
I'm sure a lot of people are happy with theirs, but for me personally, I had to use my spare AOU head. So that kinda bugged me that I had to use an old head for this figure.

But overall though, I'm quite happy with the figure.

That's good to hear!

For me personally, I got this one because the gritted teeth faceplate appealed to me. Some people don't like it, but it seems like most people are opting for that one. I like it because it's a very much needed differentiation from the stoic, closed lipped expressions HT seems to give all of their other sculpts. Not using the gritted teeth sculpt to me feels like you might as well just use the sculpt that you're using (the SS, AoU and BV one). Evans seemed to make that expression a lot in CW as well, so if there's any figure that a gritted teeth sculpt would be most appropriate with, it's this one. The likeness probably is slightly better on the regular sculpt between the two, but I don't think the likeness on the swappable faceplate helmeted sculpt is atrocious.

But being that I have that sculpt on both AoU and SS Cap, gritted faceplate it is for this one.

I personally think my ideal figure from this film would be the BV body with the slight weathering, the helmeted sculpt from this version with the gritted teeth faceplate, the clean shield and the base from this version. I have other CW figures coming, so I like when all the bases from a particular line are consistent with one another.

The snarl face adds so much character. So sick of the bland "I don't care" faces we get. Love it.

My sentiments as well. Cap was a little pissed off in CW; the gritted teeth faceplate conveys that well.

Is anybody else having an EXTREMELY hard time switching hands on their Cap? I just got mine in today, now that I took the original hands off to switch them out, I can't get any of the damn hands back on. It's never been this difficult for me to switch them out before.

Does anyone here know of any fix for the original Avengers Captain America's off center star problem? I thought I had seen something around here a few months back and now that I am looking into whether or not it's even possible, I can't find anything about it.

Is anybody else having an EXTREMELY hard time switching hands on their Cap? I just got mine in today, now that I took the original hands off to switch them out, I can't get any of the damn hands back on. It's never been this difficult for me to switch them out before.

I only had trouble attaching the hand that's holding the shield simply because it was hard to attach a hand with a peg hole that deep while holding something in its hand. The hands on the free arm switch out with ease. I've attached each hand to see which one looked best, before ultimately deciding on the fist.

That's good to hear!

For me personally, I got this one because the gritted teeth faceplate appealed to me. Some people don't like it, but it seems like most people are opting for that one. I like it because it's a very much needed differentiation from the stoic, closed lipped expressions HT seems to give all of their other sculpts. Not using the gritted teeth sculpt to me feels like you might as well just use the sculpt that you're using (the SS, AoU and BV one). Evans seemed to make that expression a lot in CW as well, so if there's any figure that a gritted teeth sculpt would be most appropriate with, it's this one. The likeness probably is slightly better on the regular sculpt between the two, but I don't think the likeness on the swappable faceplate helmeted sculpt is atrocious.

But being that I have that sculpt on both AoU and SS Cap, gritted faceplate it is for this one.

I personally think my ideal figure from this film would be the BV body with the slight weathering, the helmeted sculpt from this version with the gritted teeth faceplate, the clean shield and the base from this version. I have other CW figures coming, so I like when all the bases from a particular line are consistent with one another.

My sentiments as well. Cap was a little pissed off in CW; the gritted teeth faceplate conveys that well.

What I personally wish HT did was make a helmeted head that had this expression.
This is the expession that Evans does quite a bit.
I know they tried it with the GA, but that was a fail. specially since the head also shrunk.
But I wish they would have tried another go at this expression instead of a neutral.

avengers-age-of-ultron-captain-america-02-e1422377689798.jpg

What I did, specially before putting the shield is unglug the peg from the arm, and used pliers to push the pegs in the hand. And you have to give a good push to make sure its secure. I noticed the first couple of tries, it seemed like its in, but once you move the pegs, it easily pops out of the hand.
Give it a good push using pliers and you'll know when the peg is in there.
With the peg in the hand, it made it easier to put the shield handle in the hand, and push that hands with the pegs through the arm hole.
Hope that makes sense. lol.

Love that AoU suit. My CW Cap had some issues so I have to deal with SS. Good thing I never have problems with their CS.

I almost broke the peg trying to get the right hand in, and it wasn't even with the shield on. I also find the head really annoying to switch. The inner collar doesn't open up as well as the AoU one so it always ends up getting caught somewhere under the neck. Takes forever to get it worked out.

Haha, so glad that it's not just me! I'm sat here with a head that falls off (connector does not stay in head sculpt) and Cap with only one hand because I took one off and can't even get that one back on, let alone any of the others! Poor bastard! This is my first HT and it's been a frustrating nightmare lol

Does my cap have a tailoring issue? Ive tried fidgeting with it for a bit but it still looks off to me.
f971381915f4559bbf1506b39e20e8fb.jpg

Does my cap have a tailoring issue? Ive tried fidgeting with it for a bit but it still looks off to me.
f971381915f4559bbf1506b39e20e8fb.jpg

Try taking off the pants and fixing the strap the goes under the crotch

What I personally wish HT did was make a helmeted head that had this expression.
This is the expession that Evans does quite a bit.
I know they tried it with the GA, but that was a fail. specially since the head also shrunk.
But I wish they would have tried another go at this expression instead of a neutral.

avengers-age-of-ultron-captain-america-02-e1422377689798.jpg

Yeah, a really good sculpt with that precise expression would have been nice. Like you said, they seem to have attempted to with GA, but it fell short of the mark.

Why would they? she did not do anything interesting in the movie. The only accessory she would have is the receipt she gave Sam :lol

Or the file that she gave Steve. :lol

At least we didn't and don't have that long of a delay when it comes to CAPTAIN AMERICA in CIVIL WAR as made by HOT TOYS. And personally...well just watch to see what I personally think...

Hope you all enjoy!!!!! I am really loving being a part of this AWESOME HOBBY and COMMUNITY

https://youtu.be/KttQ0Ql-4cgCap CW Review 2.jpg

Back