1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my logic for ordering the BD version over this one was that I believe HS with swapping expressions will be cheaper in ebay than both a damaged shield and the diorama base

Totally agree with your comment and later on if decicided to get the regular version normally is cheaper than the movie promote version.

It's cool some here are excited with this "battling" version...I'm also baffled that some here are actually excited with this..."battling" version. It's the AoU version...with a scratched up shield, and new display stand...they really couldn't include these with the civil war version? Like...really? I don't get it. I'm not seeing much wear and battle tear. And if any person says "sharp eye will see it" can go **** yourself...why? Because you don't need a sharp eye to see the "battle damage" isn't substantial enough to warrant a separate release. In fact, any blind person can see this is a quick cash grab.

The civil war version is right around the corner. It's got exchangeable mouth plates, (sarcasm) A NEWLY PAINTED HS THATS BEEN REHASHED 3, no, 4 TIMES, and a
Ready has the crossbones helmet.

Do yourselves a favor and DON'T pick this $#!+ up, be patient and wait for the superior version that's coming out REAL SOON. You want that scratched shield? That $#!+ will be parted out, copied, and sold for the cheap in the following months. If you REALLY want that display stand? Well...I don't know what else to tell you.

Jesus man, calm your ****. XD just let people spend their money how they please.

It's cool some here are excited with this "battling" version...I'm also baffled that some here are actually excited with this..."battling" version. It's the AoU version...with a scratched up shield, and new display stand...they really couldn't include these with the civil war version? Like...really? I don't get it. I'm not seeing much wear and battle tear. And if any person says "sharp eye will see it" can go **** yourself...why? Because you don't need a sharp eye to see the "battle damage" isn't substantial enough to warrant a separate release. In fact, any blind person can see this is a quick cash grab.

The civil war version is right around the corner. It's got exchangeable mouth plates, (sarcasm) A NEWLY PAINTED HS THATS BEEN REHASHED 3, no, 4 TIMES, and a
Ready has the crossbones helmet.

Do yourselves a favor and DON'T pick this $#!+ up, be patient and wait for the superior version that's coming out REAL SOON. You want that scratched shield? That $#!+ will be parted out, copied, and sold for the cheap in the following months. If you REALLY want that display stand? Well...I don't know what else to tell you.

I'm confused. So you don't think anyone should get either version of CW Cap?

I'm confused. So you don't think anyone should get either version of CW Cap?

Nah, I'm saying save your money for the one that comes with the mouth plates. The update is substantial enough to warrant a completely new separate release. Just be patient. Many people are hyped for this movie, understandably so, but don't rush into blindly buying things just for the sake of buying it.

VZM.IMG_20160415_135001.jpg

Nah, I'm saying save your money for the one that comes with the mouth plates. The update is substantial enough to warrant a completely new separate release. Just be patient. Many people are hyped for this movie, understandably so, but don't rush into blindly buying things just for the sake of buying it.

Oh I gotcha. So you think they'll make a third version which would be the promo version figure, just have the interchangeable mouth pieces like the regular version that went up for PO a couple of months ago?

Jesus man, calm your ****. XD just let people spend their money how they please.

You're absolutely right, it's your money. How you spend it is up to you. But I'm asking some here to stop and think for a moment. The new CW captain america figure is a few months away. It will make this movie promo edition moot. All for a scratched up shield? That, let's be honest, REALLY SHOULD'VE BEEN INCLUDED WITH MMS350. Think about it man, I ain't trying to start $#!+ with you or anyone else. Ultimately if you wanna get it, by all means, get it. But it doesn't stop it from being a quick cash grab.

Or... best option of all.... Save your money and wait for the Infinity War version...

:stick :blissy :nono :panic:

:thwak :chillpill:

Oh I gotcha. So you think they'll make a third version which would be the promo version figure, just have the interchangeable mouth pieces like the regular version that went up for PO a couple of months ago?

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a third version that has the CW HS with interchangeable faces and..."battling?" Outfit....

I fail to see how "battling" it is...dirty knee pads. Wow. Sign me up!

Once again, I'm not insulting anyone preparing to buy the movie promo edition...whoever wants to get it, great, you have a lot of money, congrats. But seriously, don't let hype control you. MMS350 is right around the corner. Save your money guys. Get that one instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a third version that has the CW HS with interchangeable faces and..."battling?" Outfit....

I fail to see how "battling" it is...dirty knee pads. Wow. Sign me up!

Once again, I'm not insulting anyone preparing to buy the movie promo edition...whoever wants to get it, great, you have a lot of money, congrats. But seriously, don't let hype control you. MMS350 is right around the corner. Save your money guys. Get that one instead.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This is one of those figures to me where it'd be pointless to have both. Other than the shield and the base, I don't really that much of a vast difference. I already have the regular version on PO and will by all means stick with that one. If I do get anything from the promo figure, it would just be the shield. However, as you mentioned, that probably should have already been an accessory with the regular CW Cap figure.

For those that passed on the regular version though and went for the promo one, I don't see anything wrong there. Either one is going to be a great figure to have. But I see utterly no reason to have both, in my opinion.

And this is coming from a staunch Cap fan who has every Cap figure thus far. :lol

The best CW Cap figure to me is going to be an amalgamation of both figures; regular version with the BD shield or the battling version with the helmeted sculpt from the regular version that has the interchangeable face pieces.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This is one of those figures to me where it'd be pointless to have both. Other than the shield and the base, I don't really that much of a vast difference. I already have the regular version on PO and will by all means stick with that one. If I do get anything from the promo figure, it would just be the shield. However, as you mentioned, that probably should have already been an accessory with the regular CW Cap figure.

For those that passed on the regular version though and went for the promo one, I don't see anything wrong there. Either one is going to be a great figure to have. But I see utterly no reason to have both, in my opinion.

And this is coming from a staunch Cap fan who has every Cap figure thus far. :lol

The best CW Cap figure to me is going to be an amalgamation of both figures; regular version with the BD shield, or the battling version with the sculpt that has the interchangeable face pieces.

If people truly passed on the regular release and are getting the movie promo instead....I GUESS so? But it still doesn't make any sense why one would do that since both the standard and movie promo cost the same. IMO, it's the hype. or some just have to have every version of cap, even when the differences are minuscule.

If people truly passed on the regular release and are getting the movie promo instead....I GUESS so? But it still doesn't make any sense why one would do that since both the standard and movie promo cost the same. IMO, it's the hype. or some just have to have every version of cap, even when the differences are minuscule.

I can understand that also.

To me other than the base and the BD shield, the difference between the two figures is extremely minimal. So if one already decided they were going to pass on CW Cap to begin with, what then prompted them to subsequently decide that the promo one was worth getting at the same price over the regular version? Perhaps the inclusion of the diorama base and the BD shield? But if that's the case, one is essentially saying the base and a different variation of an existing accessory (the shield) mean more to you than the actual figure, which again, seems to me to have very minimal difference from this regular version that already went up for PO two months ago.

Can't go wrong with either one though, in my opinion. Each one is going to be a great figure to own.

For me I have to get them all

Well, more power to you then.

But let me ask you: wouldn't it have made more sense for HT to include the BD shield in the standard edition? And wouldn't you have preferred that? For a "battling" edition, this really doesn't look all that "battled" to me.

I'm hyped as **** for the standard edition. And It irks me to no end that I'm gonna have to resort to Knock offs for my Bd shield.

The standard version looks more slender and in proportion. The 'battling' version looks suspiciously like the standard "fat suit" to me. I hope that's not something they've changed from the prototype of the regular figure.

I can understand that also.

To me other than the base and the BD shield, the difference between the two figures is extremely minimal. So if one already decided to pass on this regular version for the sake of skipping CW Cap, what then prompted them to subsequently decide that the promo one was worth getting at the same price? Perhaps the inclusion of the diorama base and the BD shield? But if that's the case, one is essentially saying the base and a different variation of an existing accessory (the shield) mean more to you than the actual figure, which again, seems to me to have very minimal difference from this regular version that already went up for PO two months ago.

Can't go wrong with either one though, in my opinion. Each one is going to be a great figure to own.

but therein lies a huge problem. One release has TWO reused HS as well as a reused display stand from the Kerberos figure...also with an outfit that has no real substantial wear and tear. And they decided it was enough to make a separate release, for the same price as the standard one.

Whereas the other release has one reused HS, and an updated HS with changeable faces.

The fact of the matter is, there was NO reason for HT to exclude the BD shield from the standard release.

but therein lies a huge problem. One release has TWO reused HS as well as a reused display stand from the Kerberos figure...also with an outfit that has no real substantial wear and tear. And they decided it was enough to make a separate release, for the same price as the standard one.

Whereas the other release has one reused HS, and an updated HS with changeable faces.

The fact of the matter is, there was NO reason for HT to exclude the BD shield from the standard release.

I understand that you're indignant that you feel you got cheated on the regular version with it not having the inclusion of the BD shield, but I'm not really sure what to tell you. I can relate because I too wish and feel that it probably should have included the BD shield, but what are you going to do? HT is probably indeed attempting to capitalize on the hype and I can't fault them for that.

If it's any consolation, the trade off for the promo version buyers is that they don't get the sculpt that you have the option of changing the expressions on. To me, I would personally rather have that option over a BD shield. Even if you have to get a knock off BD shield, I myself would rather have a knock off accessory/shield than a knock off sculpt.

Just because you're angry that the version you chose doesn't include a particular accessory you want, I think it's a little unfair to denigrate the buyers of the version that includes the main accessory that you want. Either stick with the regular version, or simply cancel and you could always move your PO the promo instead. :dunno

The standard version looks more slender and in proportion. The 'battling' version looks suspiciously like the standard "fat suit" to me. I hope that's not something they've changed from the prototype of the regular figure.

Actually they have the same body and suit, but the new one is dirtier. I just moved my CW regular cap order to the movie promo cuz I like the idea of having a dirtier suit and "battle used" shield. I dont give a damn about the diorama, and interchangeable mouth piece (probably not using the diorama, but have better chances than that mouth piece since I pose my figures on museum pose). I'm really happy about this movie promo edition, but I understand why some people are upset. Anyway, need to watch this movie asap.

I understand that you're indignant that you feel you got cheated on the regular version with it not having the inclusion of the BD shield, but I'm not really sure what to tell you. I can relate because I too wish and feel that it probably should have included the BD shield, but what are you going to do? HT is probably indeed attempting to capitalize on the hype and I can't fault them for that.

If it's any consolation, the trade off for the promo version buyers is that they don't get the sculpt that you have the option of changing the expressions on. To me, I would personally rather have that option over a BD shield. Even if you have to get a knock off BD shield, I myself would rather have a knock off accessory/shield than a knock off sculpt.

Just because you're angry that the version you chose doesn't include a particular accessory you want, I think it's a little unfair to denigrate the buyers of the version that includes the main accessory that you want. Either stick with the regular version, or simply cancel and you could always move your PO the promo instead. :dunno

:goodpost:

Back