1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all we know it could be removable(on the figure)

As I said...hot toys can only use the info marvel provides. So if the reference they got had the A...

And the story behind the A being removed may be pivotal to the movie but not having the a logo isn't pivatol. No ones seen the film so for all we know it could never come up on screen.

You're right about the ref images provided to Hot Toys. Perhaps I'm just a stickler for detail. Hoping we'll either get an updated figure (a la Rey) or they are removable. I'd prefer an extra scratched shield and no A's rather than the Crossbones helmet but HT can't satisfy everybody. As it is the figure still looks fantastic.

You're right about the ref images provided to Hot Toys. Perhaps I'm just a stickler for detail. Hoping we'll either get an updated figure (a la Rey) or they are removable. I'd prefer an extra scratched shield and no A's rather than the Crossbones helmet but HT can't satisfy everybody. As it is the figure still looks fantastic.

I don't get how being a stickler for details matters in this case. It's not like its wrong to have tha A. We know it was used on the costume on set. So the there's really nothing wrong with the details per se. And when you factor in the Cross bones mask the figure is probably made to best represent that scene from the film. And in that scene(as you can see from the stills from set) he has a clean shield and the A. So it matches detail wise.

It has been 11 hours since I caught the news of the Capt. yet no pre-order, the anticipation to change out my AOU Cap will look like this for a loooooong time

9804840.gif

I don't get how being a stickler for details matters in this case. It's not like its wrong to have tha A. We know it was used on the costume on set. So the there's really nothing wrong with the details per se. And when you factor in the Cross bones mask the figure is probably made to best represent that scene from the film. And in that scene(as you can see from the stills from set) he has a clean shield and the A. So it matches detail wise.

Stickler for tiny details and changes, perhaps? :lol I think that particular tiny detail/change is important. You can disagree.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Fig

Also not sure what they changed in the unmasked Evans HS from AoU, other than the eyes direction. The previous one already looked pretty damn good, guess any improvement beyond that isn't noticeable?

So HT can claim, "One (1) newly painted un-helmeted head sculpt." :lol

I was really hoping they didn't include the "A" on the shoulders for this figure. It's not a big deal to me that they're there, but I think it would have been a nice touch, as it represents the discord within the team that is this film. Although now that there's several screen shots from the trailers that show him without the A on his shoulders, I presume it is possible that it's not too late that they still may end up not including them on the final production figure.

If you're gonna sell your AoU Cap, now's the time to do it while you could still get above retail for it.

I actually did precisely that earlier today and it sold within a couple of hours. I had an extra AoU Cap that was MIB that I picked up awhile back just to have one MIB, but I figured that I'd sell it and use the money and then some to fund CW Cap as opposed to having a duplicate figure that really isn't doing much for me just sitting in the box.

I prefer the CW suit over the AoU suit. The AoU was, visually, "busy". Although, I do wish they kept the white on his biceps...

I apologize for the n00b-esque question, but where is the best place, price wise, to preorder a Hot Toy? I'd really like to pick this up. Preferably a place that does payments! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and clumsy fingers.

Stickler for tiny details and changes, perhaps? :lol I think that particular tiny detail/change is important. You can disagree.

As the photos are of the prototype, its entirely possible that the A's will be removed and the shield will have the claw marks, I hope it does because that would be my preferred version, no matter what version we end up with it will join my ever expanding collection of Captain Americas.

As the photos are of the prototype, its entirely possible that the A's will be removed and the shield will have the claw marks, I hope it does because that would be my preferred version, no matter what version we end up with it will join my ever expanding collection of Captain Americas.

My sentiments exactly :duff

Anyone know when this will be up for preorder? Love to know how much this is gonna cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I don't have AOU, I might as well get this one and avoid paying the crazy prices AOU is fetching these days. Though once this one is out, AOU may come down.

Back