1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one hate the magnets on Cap. But it made life easier to put the shield on the figure. If anything, put a magnet on the back for future Caps.XD old fashioned straps ftw!

Speaking of...can either CW Cap have the shield on his back?

Figure Junkie's review of the BV Cap shows that he does indeed come with a shield attachment for his back. It's a little different than ones we've seen previously though.

It's around the 3:05 mark...

I for one hate the magnets on Cap. But it made life easier to put the shield on the figure. If anything, put a magnet on the back for future Caps.XD old fashioned straps ftw!

Speaking of...can either CW Cap have the shield on his back?

I like them on the AoU version. Like you said, as an extension, it definitely makes attaching the shield to the figure's arm a lot more convenient and it also simulates quite well how the shield attached to his arm in the actual film, which is what I believe they are simply intended to do and why CW Cap doesn't have them.

I like them on the AoU version. Like you said, as an extension, it definitely makes attaching the shield to the figure's arm a lot more convenient and it also simulates quite well how the shield attached to his arm in the actual film, which is what I believe they are simply intended to do and why CW Cap doesn't have them.

Mhmm. I get that. It's a very accurate detail that's specific to the AOU suit and I appreciate Hot Toys for adding that in so that's awesome. But yeah, other than that, I just love Cap with the straps. Just a personal thing but I totally get why people do love the magnets more.

Very true.

I do think the "best" figure for a particular character is subjective though on what people base it on. For instance, is it your favorite figure simply because it's your favorite suit for that particular character, or are you judging it from an honest figure standpoint? (Tailoring, articulation, sculpt, etc.)

For me, the CW Cap suit is my favorite suit. I really like how it's essentially a stripped down version of the AoU suit, which to me was a little too "busy" for Cap's preferred style, while still having a modern feel. However, the figure itself may potentially not be as good as previous renditions in other categories from a figure perspective.

The Stealth suit, as it is in TWS, is my favorite Cap suit (and Chris Evans'!). I love the dark colors and the streamlined appearance. If they would have put that unused concept art black CW Cap suit onscreen I would have died of happiness :lol The Stealth figure, however, isn't my favorite Cap figure. Right now, my favorite is the Rescue version - but it might be the Civil War figure soon enough! I prefer the solid navy of the Stealth suit to red, white, and blue, but Civil War Cap's suit looks great, miles better than Avengers' or AoU's flashy colors.

I'm a museum poser, too, so articulation doesn't bother me too much. In the end, yes, it's all down to the collector to decide which iteration of a character is "best." Onscreen, nothing will beat the Stealth suit for me. But on the shelf? It has some great competition.

The Stealth suit, as it is in TWS, is my favorite Cap suit (and Chris Evans'!). I love the dark colors and the streamlined appearance. If they would have put that unused concept art black CW Cap suit onscreen I would have died of happiness :lol The Stealth figure, however, isn't my favorite Cap figure. Right now, my favorite is the Rescue version - but it might be the Civil War figure soon enough! I prefer the solid navy of the Stealth suit to red, white, and blue, but Civil War Cap's suit looks great, miles better than Avengers' or AoU's flashy colors.

I'm a museum poser, too, so articulation doesn't bother me too much. In the end, yes, it's all down to the collector to decide which iteration of a character is "best." Onscreen, nothing will beat the Stealth suit for me. But on the shelf? It has some great competition.

I'm also a big fan of the navy stealth suit. It's my second favorite out of all the movie suits, and there's just something slick about the solid blue suit with horizontal grey stripes. It's too bad that the figure wasn't a slam dunk though (I'm allergic to museum poses, so I need good articulation).

My favorite is still the hero outfit from TFA. The figure's old, but it's still my favorite (and only) Cap figure. I've made some mods/tweaks, and it's the closest outfit, in my eyes, to the classic look in the comics. If there's one thing I wish it had, it's the light pinstriping on the blue that the Golden Age version has. I disliked a lot about that figure, but the pinstriping (and the metal shield) were phenomenal.

The figures keep improving with each release (even incrementally), but best/favorite is definitely subjective. AoU and CW are technically the best Cap figures released so far, but neither one is in my top three (TFA hero, TWS Stealth, TFA Rescue).

Out of mere curiosity, for those that are getting this figure, do you plan on using the standard expression face piece or the one with the gritted teeth?

Out of mere curiosity, for those that are getting this figure, do you plan on using the standard expression face piece or the one with the gritted teeth?

Depending on the pose. I'll use the appropriate mouth piece. Also if I've got him in some kind of fighting stance against iron man I'd use the gritted teeth mouth piece :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this didn't come with an extra faceplate?

The battling version doesn't, it's just all one sculpt. This version (regular version) has a sculpt that features interchangeable face pieces.

Depending on the pose. I'll use the appropriate mouth piece. Also if I've got him in some kind of fighting stance against iron man I'd use the gritted teeth mouth piece :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. It's really whatever looks good with the pose. I feel like the regular expression encompasses a wider variety of poses, while the gritted face piece is pretty specific with the type of pose you have to use and is also scene specific. Even though it's simply whatever looks good to you, I still almost feel like you're not taking advantage of the interchangeable face piece sculpt by not using the gritted face piece, if that makes sense. Almost like if you just use the regular expression, you might as well just use the BV sculpt with the same expression where the sculpt is all one piece. :lol

Like I said, it's whatever looks good to you though.

This is the worst Captain America figure to date. There. Did I do that right?

Do you have the figure already?

I probably will use the gritted teeth, as I'll have the AOU figure in a stoic pose, where as this one will be in action.

This is what I'm leaning towards as well.

I'm personally taking a liking to this pose. Not exactly it, but a slight variant of it. Without raising the shield arm too high, I'm trying to achieve a pose that sort of captures him in a pose at the moment where he's about to swing the shield up and back down.

image.jpeg

Being that I also have Bucky and Mk 46 on PO, I ultimately want to end up recreating that final fight scene on one detolf shelf. Will have to wait awhile though with Mk 46.

I'll probably have him displayed with the non-helmeted head, since I don't have a bare-headed Cap in my collection. But, if/when I do put the helmeted sculpt on, I'll probably stick with the neutral face. I don't have my figures in dynamic poses.

I'll probably have him displayed with the non-helmeted head, since I don't have a bare-headed Cap in my collection. But, if/when I do put the helmeted sculpt on, I'll probably stick with the neutral face. I don't have my figures in dynamic poses.

I'm the same way, I don't do dynamic poses. I'm generally a museum to subtle action poser. However, I want to try and find a way to use the gritted teeth plate and not have it in an overly dynamic pose, while still having the gritted teeth plate work. That's why I'm taking a liking to the pose that I pictured; it's not overly dynamic, but the gritted teeth plate still works with it.

Back