1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2973.jpg

I am seriously confused. Why is this spot lighter than the rest of the suit? It is not rub, because it still has a pattern, it couldnt have peeled, the stand doesnt touch it, and if it was rub then there would be excess material around the rub. Anyone have any idea why it is like that?

Kryptonite spear just arrived today.... some quick pics..
Will try to take more photos this weekend....

IMG_0299_1.jpg

Just lift up the cape and lengthen the bandolier by gently pulling the strap a bit through the adjuster in the back.

Pity the spear is defective and does not light up.. Oh well, it's not like I am gonna leave it on in the cabinet anyway.......

IMG_0379_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0379_1.jpg
    IMG_0379_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 297
Cheers guys! At the moment I don't have an interest in selling it yet, regardless of damage. I mean in the grand scheme of things I only see them when looking close up at them, it's more the issue of I know it's there. And to be honest the crotch and holes in the armpit were there from the box. I managed to scalpal apart the fuse of the arm and it, for the most part, looks good, just a tiny little patch from the worst part of the fuse. It's the shoulder pads that annoy me that I didn't photograph on here, the stick to the tops of his shoulders all the damn time. It's be interesting to see if others have it - the shoulder pad can be detached to get more arm movement and the material padding on the inside of it sticks to the paint of the suit.

The frustrating part is I do treat these like 3000 year old antiques haha. I've barely touched any of my Hot Toys with my actual hands and treat them so carefully, avoid damaging poses etc. It's sods law, whenever you try to apply so much care for something it ends up more damaged than someone who doesn't care... or maybe it's just because minor damage doesn't bother them or they don't look close enough... because let's face it most of us get really up close to them haha.

I'm going to see how I feel about it. But thanks for the offer The Batman. I can't imagine how people's figures hold up outside of the UK!

Mine has similar problems as well. It's very sticky in places and the details have rubbed off the crotch. I'm in the Uk as well and mine has been in a museum pose since I got it. Maybe a sealant like this 303 aerospace spray might do the job to prevent further damage? It annoys me this has happened but at the end of the day, at least you can blame Hot Toys and not yourself!

Mine has similar problems as well. It's very sticky in places and the details have rubbed off the crotch. I'm in the Uk as well and mine has been in a museum pose since I got it. Maybe a sealant like this 303 aerospace spray might do the job to prevent further damage? It annoys me this has happened but at the end of the day, at least you can blame Hot Toys and not yourself!

In the end I sold mine, it was annoying me too much as I hadn't done anything to it. Interesting that you're in the UK too, it doesn't make sense what with our weather.

Both my normal Batmen still get the sticky armpits too.

In the end I sold mine, it was annoying me too much as I hadn't done anything to it. Interesting that you're in the UK too, it doesn't make sense what with our weather.

Both my normal Batmen still get the sticky armpits too.

That is strange, I would expect anything like that here in UK, my armoured and reg bats are both still perfect, I check them about once a month, no peeling/ stickiness at all, just kept in detolfs, but no extra cabinet lighting, If you had cabinet lights that could have done something i guess, but otherwise it really is an anomaly...

That is strange, I would expect anything like that here in UK, my armoured and reg bats are both still perfect, I check them about once a month, no peeling/ stickiness at all, just kept in detolfs, but no extra cabinet lighting, If you had cabinet lights that could have done something i guess, but otherwise it really is an anomaly...

Nope, just stands out in the open, never applied anything to them, never touched them with bare skin. If you have the armpits down, angle the figure so you can see at it when you open his arm, and open the arm slowly, it has the same affect of when you put glue on your hands and pull it apart slowly. I have no idea why it does it, 2 of the regular Batman both got it in the exact same place on the arm pit.

Back