1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, not that late..me too, got him.only last month... :D

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It's so awesome. I just put up my Batfleck with it.
7454d3fcc20c13a3f4f5df13f898fdf7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. No idea what's happening, I live in the UK in an apartment on the ground floor that doesn't see direct sunlight or get overly hot. And some poeple pose way more than I do, I mostly go for slightly more posed museum stances and this happens :(

Hahaha, Popnfresh, how funny but sad tha tis at the same time. :rotfl

Thanks guys. No idea what's happening, I live in the UK in an apartment on the ground floor that doesn't see direct sunlight or get overly hot. And some poeple pose way more than I do, I mostly go for slightly more posed museum stances and this happens :(

Hahaha, Popnfresh, how funny but sad tha tis at the same time. :rotfl

I did check mine and he's got a single solitary hole right in his crotch lol. Like the ones in your second pic but just 1, very small. It's not really noticeable when standing. Underarms ok.

You know I contacted sideshow one time about another figure, and they recommended me a thing called zap-a-gap. You put a tiny bit on the hole and it seals it up quite well, you can't even tell there was one. Maybe you could give something like that a try? It worked well for the couple holes I had (out of the box) on that figure but they did say do it at your own caution, we're not responsible etc.

I guess we all need to be on the lookout though and that's sad, I got the black chrome myself.

Batman-V-Superman-Trailer-Helmet-Armor-Eyes.jpg

Tell me... Do you peel?

...You will.

(Ok I'll show myself out :monkey4)

Hahaha, got to laugh at them even if it does hit a little bit home, if you have anymore feel free to post them :rotfl

It's sort of turned me off this figure now to be honest. I've not done anything to it to regard getting what's happened to it. I didn't even show the shoulder pads - you can unhinge them to get move arm movement, and the pads had stuck to the suit. I really don't like the material they used. I have no idea why they wen't with a cotton like material and seemingly in some parts just printed a tonne of badly implemented paint on top of it, I don't know why the material isn't the same as the regular BvS... and the padding is awful, can't get any rotation at the legs, it bunches up. I'm not best pleased with this figure haha... I handle all mine with gloves and keep out of sunlight so no idea what's happened. :rotfl:panic: :'(

Sorry to see this happen to your figure, GaryPool.

I've always wanted HT to release a quarter scale BvS Armored Batman, but if they would only be using the same material on it as their 1/6 scale, I'll pass. It hurts to see premature deterioration on a $240 figure, would definitely be more painful to see it happen on a figure that'd be more than twice the price.

Sure, but with shipping to US, I'm not going down from the 270 pounds I paid for it and selling it for 110 pounds

I can see where you're coming from, if it was me I wouldn't personally sell it either. I'd hate to lose that money. I'd say just ignore the underarms and pose him in such a way you don't see all that. Or just pretend if it's visible in other parts it's battle damage. I know easier said then done and if it happens to mine I'll probably start crying lol but I guess you just need to enjoy it how it is!

And now you don't need to be so kid gloves with it anymore either, personally I can sometimes feel like I'm insane treating these figures like a 3000 year old vase from China lol

Cheers guys! At the moment I don't have an interest in selling it yet, regardless of damage. I mean in the grand scheme of things I only see them when looking close up at them, it's more the issue of I know it's there. And to be honest the crotch and holes in the armpit were there from the box. I managed to scalpal apart the fuse of the arm and it, for the most part, looks good, just a tiny little patch from the worst part of the fuse. It's the shoulder pads that annoy me that I didn't photograph on here, the stick to the tops of his shoulders all the damn time. It's be interesting to see if others have it - the shoulder pad can be detached to get more arm movement and the material padding on the inside of it sticks to the paint of the suit.

The frustrating part is I do treat these like 3000 year old antiques haha. I've barely touched any of my Hot Toys with my actual hands and treat them so carefully, avoid damaging poses etc. It's sods law, whenever you try to apply so much care for something it ends up more damaged than someone who doesn't care... or maybe it's just because minor damage doesn't bother them or they don't look close enough... because let's face it most of us get really up close to them haha.

I'm going to see how I feel about it. But thanks for the offer The Batman. I can't imagine how people's figures hold up outside of the UK!

I just checked mine and so far so good. It's displayed in the same wide-stance museum pose since I got it last year though, only changed the hand with grenade launcher and the 3rd party neutral faceplate around 6months ago. But it's so far endured its first warm and humid summer, and currently withstanding an even more humid rainy season.

It's really baffling how some units get early signs of deterioration even those from countries with less humid climate. Given the huge production runs of HT, could it be possible that they have their figures suits sub-contracted to at least 2 factories in China, and their production quality may vary?

16832277_10154308309696592_1129600536214509069_n.jpg

Not too sure, but glad yours is okay! Did you check under his shoulder pads also? Mine might just be a defective type of figure, it seems like it's the paint application from it.

Back