1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I wanted to PO it right away myself, but the site said that additional pictures were going to be added, so I wanted to wait to see what the rest of it looked like. It looks really good. I'm sure that other custom ones made by freaks on here are probably more detailed, but they are pricey; they undoubtedly worked very hard on it, but in the end, still a bit too pricey for a mere accessory to me. $37 to me sounds much better, the detail is passable and the light up spear tip on it is pretty nifty. It'll go hand in hand with the light up Kryptonite that came with Supes and get the job done as far as having the spear represented.

glad i saw your post... gonna pick me up one of them spears! pretty good price at $37 w/ lightup function!

They're about ten bucks cheaper on other sites. You can also buy a glow in the dark version thats even less.

Just got this beast delivered this morning. This thing is freaking awesome. Can't stop staring at it. But it's true when people say the articulation makes the First Order Stormtroopers look good. I've been trying to collect 6 inch figures and slowly stop collecting Hot Toys because they are just too damn expensive but Armored Batman just made it that much harder to do that. I guess I don't plan on stopping, just slowing down. But yeah, people who want and can get this figure should do it while they still can because it is great.

Thanks for those links, that light up spear looks sweet. Gonna get it for my black chrome version, £22 here.

Everyone's pics looks great! My optimism about Sideshow deliveries to Australia was misplaced ... still haven't even got a 'will ship in two weeks' for this one yet! Unless April 2nd was not an early enough pre-order ...

I will just continue to cry a single, manly, Batman-ish tear each time I check this thread and admire everyone's photos.

Just wondering
Which of the two kryptonite spear will you guys get?
From the pictures available, I am leaning towards the light up one though i don't see how it can house any power source to light it up
Also, are the sculpts for the blade different or are they the same?

you didn't want to be snarky, then when someone agreed with you, you became snarky as you could be. nice. :cuckoo:

i wasn't even that concerned about the leg armor as that was 1 of a few issues. it just puts the cherry on top of a bad acquisition from SS.

lastly, I am a professional with a job and i don't run to youtube to see what everyone is doing to mod a figure, i have this thing called a life.

no one here said their figure was "ruined" because of leg armor either. I just don't even know what to say to pot stirrers like you. except for you are now blocked.

A couple of things here:
"Lastly, I am a professional with a job and i don't run to youtube to see what everyone is doing to mod a figure, i have this thing called a life."
Yeah, about that. I bet working nine and a half hours a day I'm PROBABLY working more hours than you (if you work a forty-hour week) and you know what? Still have time for a wife, some TV time and some time to check out Youtube reviews.
"I don't run to youtube to see what everyone is doing to mod a figure."
Um, how is taking off detachable armor and putting it back on necessarily "modding" it? If I take the cloth cape off of my Toybiz Batman from 1989 and then I put it back on, is that "modding" it in your eyes?
"I wasn't even that concerned about the leg armor."
Okay, so that's why you bitched and moaned about being "miserable" in your rant along with the angry dude icon?
And lastly, let's go back to that Youtube comment again:
"I don't run to youtube to see what everyone is doing to mod a figure."
Unless you're literally a millionaire, I think it's laughably stupid not to watch reviews before you purchase a Hot Toys figure. I understand pre-ordering it months ahead of the reviews, but IMO if you don't watch the reviews (and lots of them) before you're charged for a figure, you sir, are a moron. That's like literally flushing your money down the toilet. If I want to get an expensive figure, particularly one with limited articulation and things to watch out for, I'm not only going to watch a review, I'm going to watch TEN reviews. I'm going to try to get every last detail about the figure that I can because I don't want something I'll have to replace right away, or worse, something discontinued that breaks apart and I'm stuck with it forever (and that's happened the few times I wasn't as diligent as I should have been to do my research). And lastly, who wouldn't want to watch a ClipperKing, DeanKnight or Shartimus Prime video? You get lots of information and awesome posing ideas from those guys (though I could do without the comedy sketches from Shartimus Prime).
You can make fun of those of us who choose to watch reviews first but I get the last laugh when I see the tragic reviews for all the things I didn't waste my money on (like that terrible Hot Toys Deadpool with the instantly degrading sleeves and other QC issues).

Hot Toys are like the sports cars of action figures. Would you buy a sports car without taking it for a test drive? No? Then why would you buy a $230-$400 figure without watching some reviews? Again, it boggles my mind.

Just wondering
Which of the two kryptonite spear will you guys get?
From the pictures available, I am leaning towards the light up one though i don't see how it can house any power source to light it up
Also, are the sculpts for the blade different or are they the same?

For sure I'm picking up the light up one. Yeah.....interested to see how they power the light source in this scale.

CHROME VER.

Took some photos of the exclusive chrome version at the BATMAN 100% HOT TOYS JAPAN EXHIBITION.
*Apologies for the shaky cam. 100mm macro lens w/o stabilizer hand held.

_MG_8441.jpg_MG_8446.jpg_MG_8437.jpg

I'm curious about the scratches/weathering. Is this supposed to be from after he scuffles with Superman, or is the implication that the suit has been used before?

Back