Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

So today would make sense.it will be tuesday there which is usually a reveal or release day..plus it lines up with May 25th as WorGar mentioned.
I hooe they do a 2pk but either way,I am getting them.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

So today would make sense.it will be tuesday there which is usually a reveal or release day..plus it lines up with May 25th as WorGar mentioned.
I hooe they do a 2pk but either way,I am getting them.

Actually it was mentioned a while ago before Worgor. No one else put two and two together. But sadly it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I find it curious that, for all the reputation for @ n @ l retentiveness the Star Wars community has, this section has the sloppiest and most non-conforming threads. Official specs and pics on some random unspecified page, out-dated thread titles etc etc. WTF.

Official specs and pics on some random unspecified page, out-dated thread titles etc etc. WTF.

A forum thread is a discussion, not a wiki or other type of reference document/platform. You don't go back and re-edit/organize your conversations/discussions with friends do you? ;)

Last edited:

I find it curious that, for all the reputation for @ n @ l retentiveness the Star Wars community has, this section has the sloppiest and most non-conforming threads. Official specs and pics on some random unspecified page, out-dated thread titles etc etc. WTF.

Absolutely.

A forum thread is a discussion, not a wiki or other type of reference document/platform. You don't go back and re-edit/organize your conversations/discussions with friends do you? ;)

I don't think having a figure's specs and official pics in post #1 is too much organisation to ask for. With occasional exception other sections of the board aren't like this.

Let me guess, when Luke and Leia get officially revealed any new thread is gonna be merged with this one and the only pic anyone will be able to easily find on page one is the teaser shot. And the thread will still be called ''MMS293-294?''

It's not too much to ask, but it's too much to expect, of someone else.

I'll say what I always say about this subject (because it comes up more often than one might think): Anyone that feels strongly about this kind of reference format should feel free to start their own thread and do the work.

When someone has the power and capability to do something themselves, they shouldn't complain that someone else isn't doing it for them. :lecture

Leveling this kind of critique you also need to figure out who it's targeted at: regular visitors starting threads or moderators? Maybe Dave? Who should be doing all this unpaid work?

lyupz.jpg

Last edited:

It's not too much to ask, but it's too much to expect, of someone else. I'll say what I always say: Anyone that believes this is free to start their own thread and do the work. When someone has the power and capability to do something themselves, they shouldn't complain that someone else isn't doing it for them. :lecture

Not much use in that if my thread were to be merged into the teaser thread which is what I read happened when an official Sandtrooper thread was started.

Not much use in that if my thread were to be merged into the teaser thread which is what I read happened when an official Sandtrooper thread was started.

That's a complaint against the way threads are being moderated, so you should take that up with a mod and ask that the threads be merged in a different order. My point is that complaining after all is said and done isn't as useful as doing something about it right from the start.

That's a complaint against the way threads are being moderated, so you should take that up with a mod and ask that the threads be merged in a different order. My point is that complaining after all is said and done isn't as useful as doing something about it right from the start.

but why do I have to ask, why isn't it common sense like it is in other sections?! :lol

but why do I have to ask, why isn't it common sense like it is in other sections?! :lol

Because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to control from the moderator tools. When you merge two threads, all the posts will be placed in chronological order as far as I know. That means if the thread with the photos in the first post was started after the "other" thread, its first post will not be the first post of the new thread.

At the end of the day, see my first point. This is a discussion forum. Conversations. The fact that so many threads exist with a neat collection of images in their first posts is the extreme exception, not the rule. I don't know of any other forum that's as organized or full of useful information and visitors as this one, and I've been around a lot of forums in my time.

Nah, expecting the thread title to be accurate is definitely not expecting too much. It's just stupid that this thread is still referring to Keaton Batman MMS #'s. And as far as doing the work myself, before criticizing, fine! Give me mod editing access and I'll format every thread here! ;)

The thread title is in the control of the person who started the thread, Captain Britain in this case. I don't think it's right for a moderator to change people's thread titles - slippery slope. But has anyone sent a PM to the captain?

In practice, though, mods change thread titles all the time to correct inaccurate or misleading info. I look at those kinds of edits as routine and not overstepping.

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

It is nice having all the pics and specs on the first page, but they can also be so easily found on HT or SS's sites. Someone fix the thread title, though. :lecture

All the mods are busy in the cantina thread? :huh

It used to be that one poster (usually Wookster if I remember correctly) would start all the Hot Toys threads on the morning the figures were solicited that used to be how most of us found out about them, now that they pics get posted to facebook the threads usually get started by anyone who is awake at the time. If the figures had been teased before there might have been a previous discussion thread but that would usually be locked up and the new thread end up being the official thread, it was all neater that way.

Now people end up tripping over each other to create a new thread as soon as there is an indication that a figure might exist, the Marvel sub-forum is a perfect example, as soon as that picture with all the figure bases showed up earlier this year every character from Age of Ultron got a dedicated figure thread. That forum is a mess and it's already happening again with the Civil War thread. Personally I think the best way to handle it would be to have a general licence discussion thread and we only start individual figure threads when there are official specs and pictures. It would help the forum look allot neater and I would imagine a bit easier to moderate.

It used to be that one poster (usually Wookster if I remember correctly) would start all the Hot Toys threads on the morning the figures were solicited that used to be how most of us found out about them, now that they pics get posted to facebook the threads usually get started by anyone who is awake at the time. If the figures had been teased before there might have been a previous discussion thread but that would usually be locked up and the new thread end up being the official thread, it was all neater that way.

Now people end up tripping over each other to create a new thread as soon as there is an indication that a figure might exist, the Marvel sub-forum is a perfect example, as soon as that picture with all the figure bases showed up earlier this year every character from Age of Ultron got a dedicated figure thread. That forum is a mess and it's already happening again with the Civil War thread. Personally I think the best way to handle it would be to have a general licence discussion thread and we only start individual figure threads when there are official specs and pictures. It would help the forum look allot neater and I would imagine a bit easier to moderate.

Well said that man.

The Marvel section looks crazy.

I think things are fine the way they are and any changes involving over-moderation or trying to force people into overly restrictive posting habits will only serve to push people away from the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back