Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

MMS100 wasn't special. MMS200 wasn't special. MMS300... I feel a pattern here. People worked themselves up over nothing, because Hot Toys didn't even hint at this release being something out of the ordinary. As it stands, it's at least a diecast release, which not all IM are.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

Agreed. An Iron Man figure as MMS300 doesn't feel special. It just feels like: "oh another Iron Man, great." At the end of the day the MMS number is just a number but the way they hyped it only to reveal it to be the Mark XLV is a letdown because we get so many damn Iron Man figures.

Its probably a Die cast version of Iron Man Mark 1.0. With new Downey head sculpt.

Wow -- another Iron Man. Now isn't that special.

Well they're definitely over the AoU hump now.

Still remaining:

Thor
Ultron Sentry
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

Possibly: Ultimate Ultron

They could finally have this movie wrapped up in 1-2 months and then from July through the end of the year be nothing but other licenses.

Well they're definitely over the AoU hump now.

Still remaining:

Thor
Ultron Sentry
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver

Possibly: Ultimate Ultron

They could finally have this movie wrapped up in 1-2 months and then from July through the end of the year be nothing but Ant Man and Captain America Civil War.
:gah:

Fixed that for you.

Nah, I'm sure SW will have the momentum after AoU but I can't imagine more than 1 or 2 figures from Ant-Man and nothing from CW until close to the end of the year, if at all this year.

Nah, I'm sure SW will have the momentum after AoU but I can't imagine more than 1 or 2 figures from Ant-Man and nothing from CW until close to the end of the year, if at all this year.

I know, just playing around. Even though I'm picking up a few AoU, it has been a bit of a MCU overload lately.

I know, just playing around. Even though I'm picking up a few AoU, it has been a bit of a MCU overload lately.

It feels kind of hollow knowing that Fury Road exists and that there's pretty much zero chance of any high end figures or statues being made. Meanwhile Chappie gets multiple releases in 1:6 and 1:4 scale. :monkey2

It feels kind of hollow knowing that Fury Road exists and that there's pretty much zero chance of any high end figures or statues being made. Meanwhile Chappie gets multiple releases in 1:6 and 1:4 scale. :monkey2

With how long the post production on Fury Road took, they could have already produced a couple of the main characters to launch simultaneously with the movie. Missed opportunity.

Feel the same way about X-Men

Especially Chappie was Crappie.

Feel the same way about X-Men

Hmm.. I can't stand any of the "present day" X-Men movies, so the only two good ones for me were First Class and DoFP, and while I like Hugh Jackman as an actor, I really dislike him as Wolverine. Hot Toys really doesn't make much I'm interested in.

If I had seen Chappie before the figure came out, I might just have ordered the figure.

I can't wait to see the main group of heroes standing together. Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia and Ben. All by Hot Toys. Awesome!

With how long the post production on Fury Road took, they could have already produced a couple of the main characters to launch simultaneously with the movie. Missed opportunity.

I've heard that George Miller is the owner of Mad Max licensing... and is also stingy with it. I don't think we'll see any licensed Fury Road Maxes. :(

It appears that the back of Leia's head is sculpted together with her neck. Doesn't it look like her face, the top of her head and hair buns are separate from the back of her head? There's no seam where the back of her head connects to her neck. That's something new...
VDQEfbS.png

That's not what I'm seeing.

I can't see any separation with the buns. It'll probably just be a necked sculpt because of the higher neckline of the dress. And someone should really change the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back