Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

I'm not sure the manicure is correct. I'm checking my dvd. I'm pretty sure she had French tips on the blockade runner before getting stunned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

Sculpt is good but the fabric on the dress just kills it.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

To be honest I don't even really "see" the dress at the moment...

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

How tough would an exclusive me to throw the slave outfit under that sheet and a swappable head sculpt? Come on HT!!! Give me something in return for not canceling my chewie order!

Did her costume have that ribbed texture in the movie?

Agreed. That dress has more in common with SS version than I'm comfortable with.

Well.. maybe, I can't disagree with that exactly.

The best Leia dress I have seen was one a customizer had made using an old T-shirt. :lol

Another thing of interest is that there will be no more "slave" Leia toys.

I guess that portrayal of the character will be off-limits for just about everything now, including comic books and related merchandising.

They are trying to craft Leia into being acceptable as one of the Disney Princesses going forward.

To everyone who said I was wrong back in May: I just wanted to say I TOLD YOU SO.

I never really expected a slave Leia figure. I'd consider her if she were made but the news doesn't really surprise me.

You act like it is set in stone.

I'm not acting like anything. I knew it was a fact back then same as it is now. Why is it so hard to believe that someone knows something that you don't?

You act like it is set in stone.

I'm not acting like anything. I knew it was a fact back then same as it is now. Why is it so hard to believe that someone knows something that you don't?

I have no dog in this fight and I don't care about a slave Leia figure, but I believe the reference to something being "set in stone" has nothing to do with questioning a fact, but rather questioning if those facts are unchangeable in the future. So even if it is a fact that this is Disney's new policy, WWE Jedi seems to be saying the policy isn't written in stone and it is possible that it could change sometime in the future.

Again, I don't personally care about the potential of a Slave Leia figure, and I care even less about who gets the bragging rights to who knew what when before anyone else; or who knows more than whom.

giphy.gif

But seriously, let's just all bow our heads in mourning for the sad passing of the metal bikini. :monkey2

Why would they try to "ban" something that's been an immensely popular (judging by stuff like SDCC) character outfit for over 30 years?

It would be a sold out HT figure. The recent stories I've seen have said that even if this happens (it's not been officially confirmed) it will gradually take effect over several years.

And my guess is... $240 figures designed for and bought by adult collectors being worked on right now won't be affected.:yess:

Why would they try to "ban" something that's been an immensely popular (judging by stuff like SDCC) character outfit for over 30 years?

Disney has always been very conservative (though at times inconsistent) when it comes to licensing involving their brand. So this doesn't seem out of step from what Disney has done at times in the past regardless if we think it makes sense or not. Disney is very protective of what their brand and the fact that the castle and the mouse now go on Star Wars stuff they will treat it like they do with the rest of Disney. Disney does own other properties that they don't put the castle or mouse on that they are not as conservative with like Touchstone Pictures but they brand those things separately as if its not Disney; even though it's not a secret that it is. Lucas Film however is being co-branded with Disney so they will treat it with a "higher" (according to Disney) standard.

(it's not been officially confirmed)
I'm not sure it will be unless they want it to make the news and turn it into some kind of "stand". My guess is that would backfire and isn't why Disney is doing it (if they are) but rather they quietly simply won't license the production of slave Leia products. So my guess is the only "official" confirmation we will ever get from this is from insiders from Disney or companies working with Disney who say that they had licensing denied for such products. I wouldn't expect an announcement.

And my guess is... $240 figures designed for and bought by adult collectors being worked on right now won't be affected.:yess:
It is possible that those with existing licensing agreements would be allowed to produce a Slave Leia, but it may depend on how those agreements are written and how much final approval is required for each item they are putting out.

Wouldn't be the first Disney princess in bikini and chains anyways...

Aladdin-Screencap-aladdin-1715247-720-480.jpg

Does that mean that we're going to get a censored version of Aladdin soon?

Wouldn't be the first Disney princess in bikini and chains anyways...
Does that mean that we're going to get a censored version of Aladdin soon?

Like I said, Disney has been inconsistent about such things. Besides, no one is saying we are getting a censored version of ROTJ, why would they do it for Aladdin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back