Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

I'm sure I'll get blasted for saying this but the head looks like they used the clean Bespin Luke head and added the ANH hairstyle.

Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

I'm sure I'll get blasted for saying this but the head looks like they used the clean Bespin Luke head and added the ANH hairstyle.

Ha, someone else did mention that it seems stylized in the same way that that sculpt was. I think I agree with that, but it is clearly different beyond the hair. Slightly more youthful. But it has that same serious look on his face, which seems more ROTJ than ANH.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

Teeth are a major part of ANH Luke also - we keep getting mouth-closed sculpts.

While I really like this sculpt, HT's ultra-realistic apps and sculpt detail (more real than Mark Hamill ever was) wins you over even if the likeness isn't 100% perfect. It's funny how SSC seems to be better with likeness yet has dismal paint and finish, while HT has so-so to decent likeness but just nails the realism. If only a company could come along that nails both.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

Ha. Sounds interesting. Have any pics?

Wrong thread, but it came up in here, so

IMG_3071.JPG

The one on the left looks like a deviant. ;) I imagine that when I look away he's licking his lips.

"Hey, it's me" ,Han says to his wax statue doppleganger he affectionately calls Hank.

Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

Wrong thread, but it came up in here, so

View attachment 187894

Appreciate it! Meant to edit the post when I realized we were in a thread for the wrong movie and wrong character but then the SSF board decided to implode for the weekend.

Would love to see the whole figure too--maybe over in the Han thread. :lol Doesn't look too bad. Now time for some real fur if you haven't done that already.

Shame the eyes are looking up but it does look more like Harrison Ford to me. Good use of that headsculpt for a mod, I think.

The sculpt on the right looks like Ford - but it looks like him roughly 15 years after The Empire Strikes Back.

The one on the left looks like Christopher Lambert in Highlander.

9755-7746.gif

its a shame cuz i see HF a little in the sculpt, but those damn pers crap eyes sideshow is using just ruin it!

I absolutely find it fascinating how people see the same thing and see such differences. See, to me, the difference is night and day, and the SS sculpt (although better than Bespin Han by a country mile) would never beat the Enterbay one. The hair on the UU sucked, which is why I think this is a perfect swap out. I get the likeness and paint w/o the ridiculous hair. I can still see the "creepy", and the "Highlander" comparison has it's merits too, but it just screams Ford to me. This will go on my blue Han, with new body and HT Luke's Bespin boots, and I've got the brown Han coming soon. Hopefully this will crush the stock one when he's all weathered up and such. Photos will go where they belong then. Meanwhile, back to the pointless, incorrect Luke/Leia thread. Put Luke up soon HT!

Looking at that re-fitted UU leads me to believe the hair may have been the best part of that sculpt (yeah, scary). Sorry, that just doesn't look like Han/Ford. Not the lips, not the beady eyes. Skin texture may be decent because of the paint, but that's an easy fix on the SS. The internal eye plate can also be removed to thin out the sculpt a bit of the width is bothering anyone.

No need to apologize man. Like I said, it's neat how different people perceive things. That's why we always tell people to buy what they like, not what we think they should have.

No need to apologize man. Like I said, it's neat how different people perceive things. That's why we always tell people to buy what they like, not what we think they should have.

I agree. It's mind boggling how differently people perceive things. I think that's the best advice you could give people here.

I do think Medi's Han is pretty good. There is still something not quite right about it, but I personally think it's closer in likeness than HT's Han (and Indy for that matter). Funnily enough, I think the better part of the likeness is in the eyes. There is something right about Medi's rendition in having his brow so straight across.

Wow, this Luke is outstanding. Might be one of the two Star Wars figures I always need in the collection (another being a Vader of some sort). Likeness is way better than Bespin Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back