Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

I don't care who makes it if it looks good. :rock.

This looks great.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organ

Going by prototypes alone, SSC's Red 5 is the superior likeness and paint job. This one looks way better than Han Solo though.

I agree, I think the SS version has a better resemblance. Just hope final product comes out as good. The great plus for HT are all the extras. Hope it'll be in the $220-230 range.

I like it.

p.s. the exclusive is the blast shield helmet and training ball.

Say what? ;)

Special Edition – Bonus Accessories (for selected markets only):
- One (1) Stormtrooper belt with grappling hook and communicator
- One (1) blaster rifle

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 6.45.58 PM.jpg

Which is, for me, the most awesome EX for Luke Tatooine.

I edited that post I thought. I only saw one image. all is well.

I edited that post I thought. I only saw one image. all is well.

Your idea for the exclusive would have made a lot more sense though - much easier for me to pass on. ;) And even though the gun and belt can be bought loose from a trooper part-out, it's the hook baby. Need the hook.

Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

Tan Solo and Luke are lacking detail because of the poor molding and casting. There is actually very little paint on those heads, I stripped one back to reveal.. well there is nothing to strip back. :lol

Oh crap - I was mulling doing that but I guess I won't. I'm waiting for a slim narrow (just wasted $24 on eBay buying a "slim narrow" that was neither) to swap Luke to and dye the vest. The hatted Han head still really bugs me but I guess I'll embrace the looking-down-at-the-life-sensor pose. I do like all the SSC Hoth heads quite a bit except hatted Han.

Tali, a few bodies totally appropriate for Luke were linked on eBay, including the easy to search for "charlie chaplin" - go for it.

Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

Oh crap - I was mulling doing that but I guess I won't. I'm waiting for a slim narrow (just wasted $24 on eBay buying a "slim narrow" that was neither) to swap Luke to and dye the vest. The hatted Han head still really bugs me but I guess I'll embrace the looking-down-at-the-life-sensor pose. I do like all the SSC Hoth heads quite a bit except hatted Han.

So funny that that one is your least favorite. I still think that one is awesome, maybe just behind the hatted Luke though--does that one work for you? The real fur did really improve the hatted sculpt, just sewed it in and it came out pretty good in the end. Not perfect, but I'll have another crack when I mod the brown coat version and maybe do a step by step with photos.
Back to Luke though, curious about the price -- can't believe that between this and X-Wing Luke were probably looking at $500.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

Tali, a few bodies totally appropriate for Luke were linked on eBay, including the easy to search for "charlie chaplin" - go for it.

I'm probably going to just make a slim/narrow body by cutting down one of my extra bodies (I find the final series Hasbro 12" bodies work great as slim/narrows) - it's what I did for my Greedo/Beedo custom and costs exactly $0.

So funny that that one is your least favorite. I still think that one is awesome, maybe just behind the hatted Luke though--does that one work for you? The real fur did really improve the hatted sculpt, just sewed it in and it came out pretty good in the end. Not perfect, but I'll have another crack when I mod the brown coat version and maybe do a step by step with photos.
Back to Luke though, curious about the price -- can't believe that between this and X-Wing Luke were probably looking at $500.

Yeah, not sure what happened. Maybe I got a bad one (though it seems much the same as the ones I've seen pictured.) It really does look like a stoned eskimo that admittedly look like HF under certain conditions. All the other heads are fine - I like unhatted Luke best, but unhatted Han I quite like (yes, the same mold as hatted.) I do think the gluing of the hat distorted the Han face, maybe bloating it outward a bit.

I am considering tearing the whole thing apart - I think it was galactiboy who pulled the backing off the Luke face and trimmed it. I will probably give that a shot on Han.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia O...

^^I think one thing they mistakenly did was use the same hat for both Luke and Han, looks great on Luke, but Han does look a little stuffed into it at times when the hood is down. I have the impression that the hair sculpt is squeezed a little bit, so it sounds like we're just on opposite sides of preference in that regard.

Foy my Han, I took the SS head out and put the Enterbay one in (after much hacking). Looks a tonton better to me. Sorry, had to do it.

I'll let you guys nitpick the differences, but yup, I'm happy:D

11351487_10152843670182344_5001400675353983006_n.jpg

Only have a few nitpicks the sleeves look short, the Gi needs to be looser, and the boot's and wraps should be a golden tan. the belt could be a tad darker like oxblood not English tan. his pants was also a little snugger. Maybe some golden dry brushing more on hair

This is turning into one hell of a line.

Only have a few nitpicks the sleeves look short, the Gi needs to be looser, and the boot's and wraps should be a golden tan. the belt could be a tad darker like oxblood not English tan. his pants was also a little snugger. Maybe some golden dry brushing more on hair

Excellent suggestions. :duff

Foy my Han, I took the SS head out and put the Enterbay one in (after much hacking). Looks a tonton better to me. Sorry, had to do it.

Ha. Sounds interesting. Have any pics?

Apparently your trying to be cheeky, but i was referring to the tanning process called English tan. this is English tanned leather
180londontanbridleleatherwholehide700px.jpg

this leather wallet is in oxblood not actually oxblood just the dye making it a deeper reddish brown
Oxblood-Kindle-Case-with-Kindle_1024x1024.jpg

or even a rich mahogany leather
img_2325_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_2.jpg

either would look good for Luke's belt then slightly sun bleach it to look aged by sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back