1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. But if you don't have a Stormtrooper and the email I got from HT starting that the backpack IS removable, then you have 2 Stormies in one with this guy.

I'm still curious how are the hose and backpack attached and if you can turn it into a regular TK.

I think the space trooper in the pic above might put some booze in his thermal detonator by the way he has it attached "on armor" :monkey4

I'm still curious how are the hose and backpack attached and if you can turn it into a regular TK.

I think the space trooper in the pic above might put some booze in his thermal detonator by the way he has it attached "on armor" :monkey4

There should be plenty of room fitting it under the "rocket exhaust". It's hard to tell from the angle but maybe the backpack sits lower than it's supposed to and the person photographing put the cannister on the side instead? That would mean that that the stuff is removable, but I guess we will now within a few hours now.

is the backpack detachable?

That's the question at hand. It should be, it would be so easy to do for them.

A magnet or something that attaches to the back of the armor and for the hose simply a plastic loop or something that goes around the neck. Just remove the head and take off the hose and you have just another trooper with a decidedly cooler gun.

I just bought one btw, couldn't resist.

and the email I got from HT starting that the backpack IS removable, then you have 2 Stormies in one with this guy.

Someone with the figure in hand replied to a question I posted on FB and said quite plainly that the backpack and hose are not removable with a second reply confirming they're glued in place.

PP: Million-dollar questions: Can the backpack be removed? Can the hose be removed from the chest? And if so, what's left behind?
PLL: Cant
PP: Glued?
PLL: Yes

Better make a run for loose chest armor if you want to convert this guy in/out to a regular trooper.

I like how this turned out. Honestly I think having this will make me okay with not having a second Storm Trooper.

It's frustrating that the movie featured two of these troopers in the scene outside the Death Star although Sideshow will only allow us to order one per person....I have one on PO - wouldn't mind having an option to purchase two if I could.

Not my pics but these are from facebook

12074904_10207920863283245_4159100393265082667_n.jpg

Im holding out for two sandtroopers for my next trooper purchases, couldn't justify this guy for 2 seconds of screentime

Thanks for posting these! I'm so excited for this guy.

2 seconds of screentime would be a good argument for any other film, but this is the original Star Wars we're talking here! So much goodness was packed into every frame and this is a trooper variant that is actually in the film, not some blackhole nonsense or that soccer player trooper that Sideshow made. Anything, especially a trooper, that was actually in the original film is a welcome addition in my opinion. Not that I'll be able to afford them all or anything. Big dreams, big dreams.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these! I'm so excited for this guy.

2 seconds of screentime would be a good argument for any other film, but this is the original Star Wars we're talking here! So much goodness was packed into every frame and this is a trooper variant that is actually in the film, not some blackhole nonsense or that soccer player trooper than Sideshow made. Anything, especially a trooper, that was actually in the original film is a welcome addition in my opinion. Not that I'll be able to afford them all or anything. Big dreams, big dreams.
I totally get what you mean its a completely different ballgame to iron man variants and so on. I just have a budget and much prefer the sandtroopers over these guys :duff.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

TAnything, especially a trooper, that was actually in the original film is a welcome addition in my opinion.

True! Even if inaccurate, I'm very excited about this guy.... especially now that the regular troopers are gone.

Can't wait for the Sandtrooper too. And Snowtrooper. And Scout Trooper. And...

I totally get what you mean its a completely different ballgame to iron man variants and so on. I just have a budget and much prefer the sandtroopers over these guys :duff.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yeah exactly, I'll probably only be able to swing a single Sandtrooper. I have the deluxe Sideshow one and if I push him far enough to the back it'll look like I have two lol. I have the old Marmit as well, but he never really got put together.

True! Even if inaccurate, I'm very excited about this guy.... especially now that the regular troopers are gone.

Can't wait for the Sandtrooper too. And Snowtrooper. And Scout Trooper. And...

I wonder if they'll get to the Snowtroopers any time soon, I only picked him up last year after searching for a while. It's one of Sideshows best, but there's still a handful of things that bug me about it. I don't expect HT to be doing a scout in the near future.

Been waiting to see this guy released so I could decide if I'm using my reward points on him since I never picked up a trooper, or holding out for Vader.... Hope pics start going up soon. Surprised there's not much buzz yet.

More Sandtroopers are what I'm looking forward to the most. But snowtroopers would be great. I agree That a HT scout is not likely soon.

Back