1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice and all, and has a big frakkin' gun, but that's it!

Does anyone know if there is a generic head out there that can pass for Joe Johnston?

I think it's a great variation of a standard trooper. Anything ANH from HT is great for me

It's nice and all, and has a big frakkin' gun, but that's it!

Does anyone know if there is a generic head out there that can pass for Joe Johnston?

How about this?

AC02h-600x600.jpg

From Hot Toys Kerberos Panzer Jäger figure. There's one for sale here:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Toy...647062?hash=item4d44511816:g:7ssAAOSw9VZXO~In

Might need to be a little but patient but these are the last three completed auctions. Plus a few sellers here on the forum have him for around $170 shipped (Darkseed has it up for $150).

29d9b246224026be3d71d413a4fa37f2.jpg

I had originally pre-ordered this from Sideshow, but ended up cancelling the order. Some of the recent pictures in this thread pushed me to rethink my decision. I just purchased the one that Darkseed had for sale! Looking forward to seeing this one in hand and in my collection.

Ahoy!
If you did want to go through the trouble, this is how I modified mine...

Cheers,
View attachment 308320[/ATTACH]View attachment 308321View attachment 308322

Note: The stock (damaged) chest plate was used for another figure. The undamaged chest armor pictured above was purchased on ebay.

Thanks Ahab! I was able to successfully convert my Spacetrooper. All I really needed was a new ANH chest piece.

658eb7ea8ab8c82675d2a12062aa6d39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ahab! I was able to successfully convert my Spacetrooper. All I really needed was a new ANH chest piece.

I had bought a parted out chest piece waay back in case I ever wanted to turn in him into a regular ANH trooper. Since these are going for cheap and I already have the upper armor, how'd you remove the tube from the helmet? Is it just just glued on and does it just pop off easily? Thanks.

I had bought a parted out chest piece waay back in case I ever wanted to turn in him into a regular ANH trooper. Since these are going for cheap and I already have the upper armor, how'd you remove the tube from the helmet? Is it just just glued on and does it just pop off easily? Thanks.

It comes off easily. It's glued on but you
can wiggle it loose. Once u remove it, u have to file down a small part that sticks out and then just use black paint or marker to match the under helmet area that you filed down. It's pretty much the same as the ANH stormtrooper helmet

Congrats! Yeah, this guys a great option if you missed out on the regular trooper. Finding a chest piece doesn't seem too terribly difficult.

658eb7ea8ab8c82675d2a12062aa6d39.jpg

Back