1/6 Hot Toys MMS250 - Aliens vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Ancient Predator Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Ancient Predator - 2014 Toy Fair exclusive

I felt if the diorama was actually a pyramid , or a pyramid with aliens around it will be way cooler.

Since its mostly a recycled figure why wouldn't that be possible? The exclusives always come out quickly too don't they?

Celtic was revealed in July and came out in January, six months. I say they initial release date for this is fairly accurate.

Celtic was revealed in July and came out in January, six months. I say they initial release date for this is fairly accurate.
That wasn't a summer con exclusive, though. Most are released very quickly, though there was a lag a few years back with, I think the Guardian Predator and Sarah Connor for some reason or another.

He looks pretty cool, although it's a shame the base is recycled. I've got 6 preds already...with plans on getting Wolf, Jungle and the Shane Black pred down the line. I'd say that's enough for me, so passing on this... That said, am glad to see HT produce another Pred and so I think they're treating the AvP license with some respect. Hopefully some more announcements are coming our way. I'd be all over a Grid Alien 2.0.

its sad to think I really only want this for the 2 Bios and the Alien head with the spear, otherwise everything that comes with this I own in one way or another, that being said its the only SDCC exclusive I'm even considering this year

the asia bio is still bugging me ,when is this going up for PO ?

i wonder when we will start seeing some aliens

:rotfl
yeah right.
a UNIQUE.
DESIGN.

i won't even bother buying that piece of recycled crap, and that means a lot. a first HT predator that is too crappy for me to buy :slap

The skin design, I mean. Celtic had those greenish tiger stripes and this guy has... whatever he has.

I still stand by what I said (and what you're saying too): the ratio of recycled to new parts on this is ridiculously high, even for an exclusive. I guess it's better than the original version; that was also an exclusive, but only came with the spear and a single mask -- you had to buy both versions to get both bios. But in this day and age, with HT pricing so high, it's just not worth it. Even Chopper will be a hard sell.

HT would do good to announce something truly new. Like the 1/4 P1 and Dutch. Seriously, that's all I really need to represent Predator in my collection.

HT would do good to announce something truly new. Like the 1/4 P1 and Dutch. Seriously, that's all I really need to represent Predator in my collection.

I know we've been begging for these two in 1/4 scale but for financial reasons only I really hope they make them in 1/6 scale and give us something exceptional.

This guy is in AVPR...

bluray0020.jpg

bluray0024.jpg

and in the flash back from avp
ancient.jpg

Oki doki new pred needs new base Hm somthing between .
IMAG0696_zpscsjkt5m6.jpg
IMAG0549_zpseiwn3fqu.jpg
400481413_zpskbtaxx7t.jpg
Which do you mean comes close to it ?
I will start with a base for ancient . Let me know your idea's. :)

These are the highest res screenshots I can get

really hard to get a good view because its dark and raining
Untitled-1.jpg
2.jpg

the guy here I think is the Pyramid Guardian ancient :dunno
4.jpg

here is another guy beside him, and I call that a Geth ship in the distance :rotfl
3.jpg

also I'm gonna try make a custom base for this guy, hopefully I can start tomorrow :D
1.jpg

I'll be getting this for sure!
I missed out on him when he was first released...not this time!

Back