Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the duo for $199 shipped :D

19349574_10158792782005484_1611964150_o.jpg

Got the duo for $199 shipped :D

View attachment 348133

Wow - congrats:clap! IMO this is a beautiful set, - I know some folks customized but except for sourcing Steve's highway fight outfit I kept mine as-is. Paid full retail but since I had a late start was happy to get TWS figs new at all. (Tho I happily buy used too.)

But BBTS had the set last year so I ordered. Gorgeous. I just need TWS Falcon at some point $$$$:horror

Wow - congrats:clap! IMO this is a beautiful set, - I know some folks customized but except for sourcing Steve's highway fight outfit I kept mine as-is. Paid full retail but since I had a late start was happy to get TWS figs new at all. (Tho I happily buy used too.)

But BBTS had the set last year so I ordered. Gorgeous. I just need TWS Falcon at some point $$$$:horror

Yeah, although I had been (correctly) warned the Strike Suit would be very stiff, it's my favorite Captain America suit and I had to make it part of my collection. I don't mod any of my figures so I'm going to keep it as is too, at least for now. The Steve Rogers to me is just a great bonus item, especially that faded away shield!

As maligned as the SS figure is, I was able to get mine into what I feel is a cool fighting action pose that is straight out of the film. I like the Steve Rogers figure as well, but don't care much for the faded shield myself being that it was never like that in the film and I try and go for screen accuracy as much as possible. I just simply have him in a pose from the scene when BW was asking him why Fury was in his apartment and Rumlow was telling him he's wanted back at the Triskelion.

The only "mod" I did was stuff bunch of cotton balls on the chest area to make his chest puff out out so it wasn't so flat. I really like the stealth suit look too and will never sell this. Unless HT comes out with a SS Cap 2.0

As maligned as the SS figure is, I was able to get mine into what I feel is a cool fighting action pose that is straight out of the film. I like the Steve Rogers figure as well, but don't care much for the faded shield myself being that it was never like that in the film and I try and go for screen accuracy as much as possible. I just simply have him in a pose from the scene when BW was asking him why Fury was in his apartment and Rumlow was telling him he's wanted back at the Triskelion.

LOL when I started collecting and read the whole thread, and then I got the set in hand - well, I love it just fine pretty much as is. If anything I was blown away - great paint job w. the sculpt IMO - and just a fantastic version of that TWS ass-kicking scene. It took me awhile to put these guys in their cabinet just wanted to STARE at them.

Was just glad I was able to source out Steve's other outfit - still have to re-paint some 1/6 Nikes I picked up. I like the outfit Steve comes in just fine - for me tho I just wanted a representation from the highway fight to go with WS. Of course that meant costume, shoes, and tracking a more SA shield down, but that was OK.

I've been looking at this too and it seems like people like the Man of Steel body or the Civil War Cap body. I ended up going with the CW Cap body because it's cheaper. I would recommend going back about 10 pages or so and look at the pictures people have posted.

What body would one get if somebody was inclined to put together this Steve Rogers figure using the head from the CW Cap?

Anyone selling this? Cant resist it seeing the Stealth suit with MOS body :pray:
Do it but be warned ... the mod is hell ... HELL. :lol

I'm very happy that I finally took the plunge to do the MoS mod. I had already modded my Stealth Cap and replaced the stock body with the CW body but honestly, compared to the MoS, it's just not as good (although a tad bit easier). I can take some comparison pics if anyone's interested. I just took a quick shot of MoS Cap yesterday coz it was already getting dark, gotta take some more pics today coz he's so nice now. :love

DSC_4635-2.jpg

I feel it could still use some padding. Looks thin.
That's the body, it just looks thinner coz it's longer than the stock and CW bodies but it's actually much broader. If you get padding into this thing, I'll give you a medal coz he's literally sewn into the suit as that was the only way to close it. :lol Forget the zipper, that thing is useless here and will break anyway. :lol

That looks good BUT it's the tailoring that's off on Stealth Cap. Body mods do make an improvement, case in point, but HTs screwed the pooch on the tailoring.

If they ever went back to right this wrong, I'd bite I think.

I agree, they screwed up the tailoring big time and I wish they hadn't but it's my fave suit of his and I need it in my collection. :) Imo with the mod it looks great despite the suits flaws. He could wear a potato sack and still look good with that body. :lol

Back