Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got a MoS body and did the body Mod. Stealth Suit Cap. looks awesome now. Here's a side by side with CW Cap.
View attachment 320441

View attachment 320442

I am now painfully aware of how boxy my CW Cap's torso looks. Your WS Cap looks so much better on that MoS body. It looks way better proportioned. I wonder why they don't just use that body on their Caps to begin with?

I plan on modding my CW Cap tonight. Here's an already modded CW Cap. for reference.
Screenshot_20170201-215007.jpg

did the suit zipper up easily?
It does zip up fine yeah. That was the main reason for why I went with this mod. :)

I plan on modding my CW Cap tonight. Here's an already modded CW Cap. for reference.
View attachment 320739
Good luck! Absolutely take your time, don't rush it. :)

The guy I had bought my Strike Cap from had already cut the undershirt a bit (wrong place though) so after doing the mod, the undershirt is kinda ruined now. -___- I really need a new one. :lol So if anyone has one to spare I'd gladly take it off your hands.

View attachment 320739

The picture is really small, but from what I can see that custom looks great! Do you know if that one on a MoS body too? It looks a hell of a lot more like how Cap looks like in the film. I'm really curious about doing this mod if it doesn't involve cutting, or anything more complicated than a body swap.

EDIT: I guess he just moved around the padding that's already on the figure, according to his post on this pic.https://www.instagram.com/p/BPDet2agSrp/

I wish HT would finally get Chris' physique right. :lol Never understood why they didn't go with the MoS body at some point or at least try to get that shoulder/neck area right with padding. :/

The picture is really small, but from what I can see that custom looks great! Do you know if that one on a MoS body too? It looks a hell of a lot more like how Cap looks like in the film. I'm really curious about doing this mod if it doesn't involve cutting, or anything more complicated than a body swap.

EDIT: I guess he just moved around the padding that's already on the figure, according to his post on this pic.https://www.instagram.com/p/BPDet2agSrp/

Don't mind doing some cutting and even stitches for shape. Because padding for real actors has some definition and these HT padded suits are just flat. Wanna try it. And on the plus side just scored a Steve civvie outfit with the right colors and jacket. :clap

Now to read all the advice about painting shields, coz for me the battle damaged shield as is just doesn't work. Might as well have the shield Cap was using most of the time. I'll keep the blue shield tho for display. And figure out how to source or make Bucky's Gerber knife. Meantime tho this is such a great set - love the portraits and my paint looks like a proto. And need to add a Black Widow - her look in WS is my favorite so far.:cool:

Edit:

WIP!!!

Steve_Rogers_civvie.jpg

Waiting on some Nikes. And need a shield. And the hunt goes on for Bucky's Gerber Mark 2 knife...but, gotta keep busy waiting for these movies! And think I'll re-watch WS and CW too:cool:

Last edited:
After much deliberation, I finally picked this up a couple months ago (and also broke my rule of "one figure per character"). I took out the padded suit and may use some epoxy to add some bulk to the chest and shoulders, but in a dynamic pose, it looks pretty good. The figure has its flaws with the body and tailoring, but they're less noticeable in an action pose (which I prefer anyways).

I currently have stealth Cap posed with the helmeted head and blue shield, but I do have a Steve Rogers head and red shield I can switch in. I was planning to use those to create something like the elevator fight scene, but right now, I like having the contrast between the traditional red/white/blue TFA costume and the all-blue stealth suit.

Apologies for the cell phone picture, but here's how I currently have the figure (I'm a sucker for the wind-up shield smash pose):
stealth cap2.jpg

After much deliberation, I finally picked this up a couple months ago (and also broke my rule of "one figure per character"). I took out the padded suit and may use some epoxy to add some bulk to the chest and shoulders, but in a dynamic pose, it looks pretty good. The figure has its flaws with the body and tailoring, but they're less noticeable in an action pose (which I prefer anyways).

I currently have stealth Cap posed with the helmeted head and blue shield, but I do have a Steve Rogers head and red shield I can switch in. I was planning to use those to create something like the elevator fight scene, but right now, I like having the contrast between the traditional red/white/blue TFA costume and the all-blue stealth suit.

Apologies for the cell phone picture, but here's how I currently have the figure (I'm a sucker for the wind-up shield smash pose):
View attachment 321248
Looking really nice so far! :)

Love that pose. At least one of my Steves is going to be in that pose, eventually:love. Me, love having duplicates - but fairly new collector. Finding out I like staging dioramas, so duplicates give me options. But understand why people would not want do to that. Love this set so much wouldn't mind having another (for no reason at all except to have it :cuckoo:)- IMO the quality of the sculpts/paint is a big plus for me (at least the ones I got). But really, now, I hope to somehow get a Golden Age Cap $$$$:horror.

Looking really nice so far! :)

Thanks!

Love that pose. At least one of my Steves is going to be in that pose, eventually:love. Me, love having duplicates - but fairly new collector. Finding out I like staging dioramas, so duplicates give me options. But understand why people would not want do to that. Love this set so much wouldn't mind having another (for no reason at all except to have it :cuckoo:)- IMO the quality of the sculpts/paint is a big plus for me (at least the ones I got). But really, now, I hope to somehow get a Golden Age Cap $$$$:horror.

I get why many people like to have multiple versions of a character, but I'm trying to limit the size of my collection (2 detolf cabinets only), so space is a bit of an issue. Cap's my favorite character in the MCU, but an extra spot for him means someone else gets cut from the display/collection. Funny you mention Golden Age Cap though- I used to have one but sold it off because I liked the First Avenger version more. GA Cap has its positives and negatives, but the one thing I miss about it is the pinstriping on the blue uniform.

I love dioramas and action poses, so I'm really curious to see what your displays end up looking like!

Great pose!

I'm generally a museum poser, but I've started to branch out into more dynamic poses. The first one I did so with was CW Cap. I want the gritted teeth faceplate on there, but there's really no other pose in my opinion to use with that particular faceplate other than the pose where he has the shield raised, ready to wallop IM. I think that pose also conveys the essence of CW, so in a dynamic pose he is.

As a result, I put SS Cap in a dynamic pose as well.

I get why many people like to have multiple versions of a character, but I'm trying to limit the size of my collection (2 detolf cabinets only), so space is a bit of an issue. Cap's my favorite character in the MCU, but an extra spot for him means someone else gets cut from the display/collection. Funny you mention Golden Age Cap though- I used to have one but sold it off because I liked the First Avenger version more. GA Cap has its positives and negatives, but the one thing I miss about it is the pinstriping on the blue uniform.

I love dioramas and action poses, so I'm really curious to see what your displays end up looking like!
I prefer TFA Cap over GA Cap too. Never liked the puffy look of the latter. :/

I was finally able to find an extra Steve Rogers head sculpt.
I got it from Toy Anxiety.
Now I'll be able to pose Cap without his mask on too.

I found a strike suit cap being sold separate from Rogers for $75. Should I pick him up? It's loose without the box, but has the hands and shield

Just my extremely biased opinion 'coz I love this set and was happy to get it new - but if it were me I'd leap on that. You can read this whole thread re the complaints about the strike suit fit and flat chest, but for me just think it's a spectacular fig, unique uniform, and you can mod etc.

I mean, I wouldn't mind owning a whole second set, just to have it. If you don't have this Cap in your collection IMO certainly worth adding this one, especially at a bargain price with the shield.

Just my extremely biased opinion 'coz I love this set and was happy to get it new - but if it were me I'd leap on that. You can read this whole thread re the complaints about the strike suit fit and flat chest, but for me just think it's a spectacular fig, unique uniform, and you can mod etc.

I mean, I wouldn't mind owning a whole second set, just to have it. If you don't have this Cap in your collection IMO certainly worth adding this one, especially at a bargain price with the shield.

I quite like it myself (SS Cap):

image.jpg

Back