Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since trying to move away from adding yet more Iron Man figures to my collection, admittedly by selling off older ones to make room for newer (more preferred) figures coming next year I had started thinking about going back and adding some of the nicer, older, Cap suits to my collection of AoU and later in the year CW Cap so I know your pain there! First off I will be looking to get this guy (when budget allows) as I am with Chris Evans on loving this suit no matter how short a time he spent in it! And then follow that up with the Rescue Cap if I can as to me thats the first true Cap look but vastly different to everything that came after.

Pretty epic photo there and pretty much what I might do, if I can! I think after getting a few things either through second hand pickups or with newer versions of figures coming out I am starting to cross off my current Marvel representation grails... Hopefully 2017 lets up enough for me to consider this (though not counting on it with current PO's, Daredevil dropping online soon etc)
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. I've wanted to get the SS Cap but in the end decided to get Rescue Cap as that’s such an iconic one. Just as you said, it's the very first Cap look and where he truely became a hero and I want that in my collection. If I can control myself, I'll pass on SS Cap. My collection will be Rescue Cap, civvie Steve and CW Cap. I think that's a great representation of who Steve is. :)

But I'll most likely five in at some point and order another, maybe even SS Cap coz damn, I love that suit. ^^

I have a stock captain america figure and I want to mod it. Can someone point me in the right direction, there was a link posted last page but it is dead

Thanks

I have a stock captain america figure and I want to mod it. Can someone point me in the right direction, there was a link posted last page but it is dead

Thanks

Just dive in bro. Your going to have to undress Cap and if you're a first timer just take it slowly, it's easy though.

The thing you want to get to is the "fat suit". You're going to want to either cut pieces out of it or remove it completely depending on the mod you're doing.

If that's not enough help then I say search for fat suit and you'll probably find detailed instructions.

anybody place in the CW cap body into the WS suit?

Just wondering if it works at all?

The body wasn't really the problem it was the tailoring, specifically the undershirt portion of the top. It needs to be cut to make the arms hang naturally and the shoulder area isn't properly bulked.

The body wasn't really the problem it was the tailoring, specifically the undershirt portion of the top. It needs to be cut to make the arms hang naturally and the shoulder area isn't properly bulked.

yeah that's what I'm thinking. Just wondering if someone did it, and was able to make it work. Because then I would probably buy the STRIKE suit again and an extra CW body

I'd really like to know as well. I passed on the Strike suit so often now but I keep coming back and I just know I'll fold one of these days. However, I'll definitely modify him and if the suit fits the CW body, well, that would be a nice option too.

So I removed the fat suit, took some time but well worth it, made a world of difference

One thing I'm having an issue with is keeping the elastic-y collar above the neck joint, keeps slipping down

yeah that's what I'm thinking. Just wondering if someone did it, and was able to make it work. Because then I would probably buy the STRIKE suit again and an extra CW body
I would do the same haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here we go:

JcERqIJ.jpg

w08aSyG.jpg

InGXB5N.jpg

I also made some custom on tailoring. It looks perfect. I'm lloking a buyer for it though. Interested anyone?

Back