Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reposed my cap today :)

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

After re-watching Winter Soldier 3 nights in a row, I've considered buying the Strike suit Cap ... but of course I'm aware of all the issues people have talked about. Worth getting?

I would say definetly yes. He does have his issues but for me I love the suit and Shield and I think this is a really good figure

I would say definetly yes. He does have his issues but for me I love the suit and Shield and I think this is a really good figure
Cool. Thanks ... I just have my Rogers sculpt from AOU Cap just sitting around....think I'll grab this Cap to put it on.

At some of the prices it is now, I'd defnitely get it. It has its issues, but I personally don't think this figure is as atrocious as what people make it out to be.

After re-watching Winter Soldier 3 nights in a row, I've considered buying the Strike suit Cap ... but of course I'm aware of all the issues people have talked about. Worth getting?
If you are fine with him looking like a kid next to AoU Cap. Very narrow shoulders, looks like he's shrugging all the time. Flat all over.

Great looking costume, the details are excellent, but to me the complete lack of physique ruins it.

Doesn't the CW suit look a lot like the Stealth suit, at least in color, gloves and boots? May as well wait for that. If you really want this one, however, there are great deals to be had.

Doesn't the CW suit look a lot like the Stealth suit, at least in color, gloves and boots? May as well wait for that. If you really want this one, however, there are great deals to be had.
I'd say that CW Cap is a mix of AOU Cap and Stealth Cap but leans more toward AOU because of the white and red... I was thinking going with the Stealth version because all blue and black would set itself apart from the AOU version. So much for going with one of each character ha

I'd say that CW Cap is a mix of AOU Cap and Stealth Cap but leans more toward AOU because of the white and red... I was thinking going with the Stealth version because all blue and black would set itself apart from the AOU version. So much for going with one of each character ha

If you don't mind the flat chest and slightly monkey-looking arms, stealth cap is a great figure actually; the suit details and shield are really good imo.

I'd say get it if you could get 20-30% off retail for it :)

If you don't mind the flat chest and slightly monkey-looking arms, stealth cap is a great figure actually; the suit details and shield are really good imo.

I'd say get it if you could get 20-30% off retail for it :)

My sentiments exactly.

It's not as bad at what people make it out to be, in my opinion. The overall body size is an improvement from previous renditions and like you stated, the suit details and the shield are really cool. The two prevailing issues are the relatively flat chest and the limited upward mobility in the arms. I'm not one to really put my figures in overly dynamic poses anyway, so the lack of mobility in the arms isn't really an issue for me anyway.

For some of the prices that he's going for now, I'd definitely snare him.

So I LOVE the Steve from this set and love the jacket from the rooftop Chad scene but 'twas wondering if anyone knows if someone made some custom brown leather jacket that Steve wears at he end of TWS and what looks to be a majority of Civil War.

So I LOVE the Steve from this set and love the jacket from the rooftop Chad scene but 'twas wondering if anyone knows if someone made some custom brown leather jacket that Steve wears at he end of TWS and what looks to be a majority of Civil War.

Pop Toys makes a pretty cool jeans and brown leather jacket set that I used to make my own civvy version of Steve.

image.jpg

Nice looking civie steve silverstar17, I gotta pick up that set. I also wish I caught the "lazy eye" on my sculpt before sideshow 30 return window. Can't unsee it and it's been in the box since

Back