Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I hadn't sold my WS Steve sculpt, I prefer that to the AoU one.

I like both the same. I like TWS soldier sculpt being that it's looking straight on, but I also like the AoU sculpt because the skin hue is a tad lighter than TWS soldier one, which I found matches the tone of the hands more (no biggie, but just something I noticed). The AoU hair has a bit more of a goldish tint, but not by much. They're essentially the same sculpt, so you can't really go wrong with either. :)

If I HAD to choose one though, I'd probably go with TWS one. As mentioned, the eyes are looking straight on, so I would imagine that makes it a bit more versatile for posing.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

I like both the same. I like TWS soldier sculpt being that it's looking straight on, but I also like the AoU sculpt because the skin hue is a tad lighter than TWS soldier one, which I found matches the tone of the hands more (no biggie, but just something I noticed). The AoU hair has a bit more of a goldish tint, but not by much. They're essentially the same sculpt, so you can't really go wrong with either. :)

If I HAD to choose one though, I'd probably go with TWS one. As mentioned, the eyes are looking straight on, so I would imagine that makes it a bit more versatile for posing.

The main reason I like TWS one more is the bronzed hair on the AoU sculpt looks off to me, and the eyes looking to the side.

Like you said, they're the same basic sculpt so it really comes down to what details you prefer.

Part of me kinda wonders of they'll do another Cap/Steve two pack for CW like they did with TWS. Even though Steve is just wearing a different jacket and a grey shirt. XD I might wait a little bit to kit bash but I'll at least already know what parts to get should I seriously decide to bash the brown jacketed Steve.

I would be more inclined to say no, simply based on the already seemingly general unpopularity of the TWS civvy Steve figure and how similar this civvy Steve would essentially be the same figure as TWS civvy Steve.

That's just my guess. I could be wrong though.

I assumed Civvie Steve wasn't a great seller cause the body on STRIKE Cap was so poorly done and you had to get the set to get Civvie Steve. But you do have a point with the figures essentially being the same. I'll hope for myself. XD

While it has its flaws, I actually don't think the body on Strike Cap was all that bad. I felt the overall size of it was an improvement from previous versions. However, the restricted mobility in the arms would pose a problem for collectors who like to do dynamic poses, and I also think the casual collector who only wants one Cap figure to represent Cap wouldn't get Strike Cap being that the suit isn't the traditional Cap suit and is devoid of any red. He seems like he'd be more a figure that would appeal to someone who already has a Cap figure or two and is looking to add this suit to their Cap collection.

I think civvy Steve isn't popular for the same reason. A figure that would appeal to a collector who already has a suited Cap figure or two, and is looking to add him to their collection. And the fact that he's packaged exclusively with an unpopular Cap figure, doesn't help.

So I LOVE the Steve from this set and love the jacket from the rooftop Chad scene but 'twas wondering if anyone knows if someone made some custom brown leather jacket that Steve wears at he end of TWS and what looks to be a majority of Civil War.

Using the accessories that I have, here's my attempt at a CW civvy Steve, contemplating whether or not he should stand and fight.

image.jpg

Using the accessories that I have, here's my attempt at a CW civvy Steve, contemplating whether or not he should stand and fight.

View attachment 228885

Thanks a lot for that dude. Looks pretty awesome!

So I've been looking at my WS Cap and wasn't it discussed that the body is the same as AOU, fat suit and all and what was wrong was the tailoring of the productions suits overall?

Thanks a lot for that dude. Looks pretty awesome!

So I've been looking at my WS Cap and wasn't it discussed that the body is the same as AOU, fat suit and all and what was wrong was the tailoring of the productions suits overall?

Thanks. :)

Yep, that's the rumor I heard. Same body used, just the tailoring is vastly different.

Just grabbed the twin pack from retail. Anyone knows if the fat-suit removal mod will enable this pose?
Thank you!

1396534590547.jpg

Just grabbed the twin pack from retail. Anyone knows if the fat-suit removal mod will enable this pose?
Thank you!

View attachment 234267

Congrats on the acquisition! This figure is much maligned, but I think it's still a nifty addition if you already have a couple of other Cap figures. The chest is a bit lacking, but the overall size of the body I felt was an improvement from previous renditions.

Ah, no guarantees regarding the desired pose with the removal of the fat suit.

However, I would personally just leave the figure as is. The zipper on the back of the vest is extremely delicate, so you don't want to run the risk of getting it suck and breaking it.

Thanks irok84, YankeesFanboy & SilverStar17 for the replies.

Was reading the old posts from this thread and saw some mods from Darkavatar & hyatt, and the mod on OSR.
hyatt's post-mod pics are so tempting. I'll give it a try. Shall not proceed should the back zipper appears to be fragile.

Back