Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok you guys, help me out please! Aside from the obvious shield material difference and the weathering on TFA's uniform, how different is TFA from GA? I'm really conflicted but also a completist, err hoarder?

Golden Age cap is great. If you can find a decent price on him I'd say go for it. The suits are similar, but the construction and finish is definitely better with GA cap. The shoulders are very well done with the padded look and the torso has a sort of airbrushed appearance that gives it a cool look.

OK first off.... respect for the Hoarder :rock :hi5:
Secondly:

Thanks Brainy! I hope that isn't your channel as I don't want you to take offense but I've watched (well tried to watch) his videos before but the guy almost never touches the figures, ahh it's so annoying. Plus, every one I've seen the poses are just the static museum poses. I'm actually surprised he's not wearing surgical gloves, lol!

Golden Age cap is great. If you can find a decent price on him I'd say go for it. The suits are similar, but the construction and finish is definitely better with GA cap. The shoulders are very well done with the padded look and the torso has a sort of airbrushed appearance that gives it a cool look.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I already own every Cap figure released to date besides TFA.

Last edited:
Ah I see. Well in that case I'd say if you're really just missing TFA then pick one up. I'd say they're different enough to warrant having both. They are one of the cheaper ones on secondary market usually as well. Just keep in mind AOU Cap is around the corner.

Ah I see. Well in that case I'd say if you're really just missing TFA then pick one up. I'd say they're different enough to warrant having both. They are one of the cheaper ones on secondary market usually as well. Just keep in mind AOU Cap is around the corner.

Thanks, I will. And don't worry about AoU cap, I've got 2 on preorder. That's right, 2. Also, when the Iron Legion is announced, I have no idea how many duplicates I'll get. Thinking 3 will be alright? Maybe, lol!

Thanks Brainy! I hope that isn't your channel as I don't want you to take offense but I've watched (well tried to watch) his videos before but the guy almost never touches the figures, ahh it's so annoying. Plus, every one I've seen the poses are just the static museum poses. I'm actually surprised he's not wearing surgical gloves, lol!

no thats not mine.... I just picked the first one without watching it..... sorry

Yikes! Glad that cap is kinda of my iron man. I get every cap that releases, but I'm pretty much doing the one and done with all the other characters. AOU could be getting expensive though. Already picking up cap and mk43. However, the Hawkeye and Thor releases might end up being the ones I pick to represent.:panic:

no thats not mine.... I just picked the first one without watching it..... sorry

Oh dude, don't apologize! lol. I finished watching it and not only did I actually make it all the way through, the guy actually touched the belts, lol! :clap:clap:clap

Never apologize. Remember you have the strength and knowledge of ten thousand worlds. You have been doing this before I was born and will continue doing this long after I die. I am as insignificant as an insect compared to you. :lol:lol

Yikes! Glad that cap is kinda of my iron man. I get every cap that releases, but I'm pretty much doing the one and done with all the other characters. AOU could be getting expensive though. Already picking up cap and mk43. However, the Hawkeye and Thor releases might end up being the ones I pick to represent.:panic:

My problem is that Cap and Iron Man are my "Iron Man" :slap

I actually added up all my preorders including the stuff that hasn't been announced like Vision and 3 Iron Legion Characters. 15k brother, 15k. :cuckoo:

My problem is that Cap and Iron Man are my "Iron Man" :slap

I actually added up all my preorders including the stuff that hasn't been announced like Vision and 3 Iron Legion Characters. 15k brother, 15k. :cuckoo:

You're a brave person for adding that up. I don't even want to go through and figure out the total on JUST my preorders. :pow

You're a brave person for adding that up. I don't even want to go through and figure out the total on JUST my preorders. :pow

Brave? I see it as responsible. I'm So addicted to this stuff that I have a 2nd savings account that I transfer money into every time I place a preorder for a figure or PF statue. That way, I can always count on having the available funds. Another plus was my divorce with the "iron-clad" prenup. Not only do I have more freedom for everything but also was able to setup that account without having to "ask permission" :clap :faq :nana:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm trying to figure out if I've been defrauded on these figures...

Has anyone else been delayed until the end of April on the Cap/Steve set, Winter Soldier, & Falcon? I've seen all these in stores, so I'm wondering if my seller (supersam5757 on Ebay) is just stalling me reporting this. If others can confirm a delay, I'll feel a little better. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm trying to figure out if I've been defrauded on these figures...

Has anyone else been delayed until the end of April on the Cap/Steve set, Winter Soldier, & Falcon? I've seen all these in stores, so I'm wondering if my seller (supersam5757 on Ebay) is just stalling me reporting this. If others can confirm a delay, I'll feel a little better. Thanks in advance!

... First off how long has it been since you ordered your figs?

His recent negative feedback isn't a good sign

Back