Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On ClipperKing;s mod vid, he says the shirt part does not fully come off. He said he tried and there was no way to get it off, so you had to cut the fat suit off. If it can come off. do you guys think that the Man of Steel body would work? He is pretty big.

The MOS fig is a good deal bigger than the Reeve body, which Hyatt used in his mod, so it probably wouldn't even fit in the Stealth suit.

What in the world is going on at Sideshow, I've tried calling, I've initiated a live chat 4 times and have got no response, and no one answers the phone. Is there a holiday or something I don't know about? Trying to get this 2 pack switched to the single STRIKE suit version.

What in the world is going on at Sideshow, I've tried calling, I've initiated a live chat 4 times and have got no response, and no one answers the phone. Is there a holiday or something I don't know about? Trying to get this 2 pack switched to the single STRIKE suit version.
Earlier they posted on Facebook customer service will be closed until 3:30pm. They are in PST so just convert that to whatever time zone you're in.

Earlier they posted on Facebook customer service will be closed until 3:30pm. They are in PST so just convert that to whatever time zone you're in.

The other day I called them 3 times with no answer and this was during the time they were supposed to be open. I then opened a live chat and it took close to 10 minutes for someone to connect. Maybe they're short staffed or overly busy at this time.

The other day I called them 3 times with no answer and this was during the time they were supposed to be open. I then opened a live chat and it took close to 10 minutes for someone to connect. Maybe they're short staffed or overly busy at this time.

I always found the chat to be very quick, well except for one instance where no one responded :dunno Like you said maybe they were busy

No no not the fat suit, the actual stealth suit. It doesn't contour to the body like the actual suit

If you are talking about the Vest you are totally right and that is something I just discovered today, but have always had my suspicions that it may play a part. So today I put the vest onto the body with the fat suit modded to contour the body with the rubber band so the shape was not distorted, but it made no difference. I think this is because the material the vest is made out of is too rigid so unless force is applied to it like pulling on it like I did, it just remains the same shape which is straight like a ruler. :(

Thus, the only way to get a natural looking torso is to remove the fat suit from the lower torso, which sucks because then the suit is now too loose around the waist.

How are you guys getting the Stealth Suit completely off the figure? I thought there was no way to remove it without damaging the costume?

No it is easy to remove, but is a nightmare to put back on! :gah:

So you cut out the space from under the pecs to the waist, is that it?

Hmm when I did it I took an educated guess, I felt around where the upper torso was and then made sure when I started to cut the suit that I would keep cutting until the fat suit was just over the lower torso. So it is trial and error, thus, if I were you I would cut the area above the dotted line you see on his underwear (in the pic below) then lift up that area on the front to see where the lower torso ends and the upper torso begins. That's how I did it.

I know the dotted line is not noticeable by looking at this pic but once you have it in hand you will know where to cut. :wink1:

Actually, I just thought of a different way. I didn't do this but this might be easier for you, since you won't have to guess where to cut.

Cut the fat suit where the groin is (look in the pic below).

This will then split the bottom of the fat suit into two (pic below) then all you will have to do is lift the flap up (where the arrow is pointing) until you reach the upper torso. That way you won't have to guess where the upper torso begins and the lower torso ends.

I was under the impression the suit had snaps and zippers, which is the only reason I'd do the mod. I didn't want to cut or sew anything.

Yes it does but if you want a tight fit around the waist you will have to sew the back of the suit where the waist area is. Or you could just pull it back and use a clothes line peg like I did and that will hold it. Only problem then is that the back of the suit looks ugly.

On ClipperKing;s mod vid, he says the shirt part does not fully come off. He said he tried and there was no way to get it off, so you had to cut the fat suit off. If it can come off. do you guys think that the Man of Steel body would work? He is pretty big.

He was wrong, the vest is not sewed to the shirt, I just think he was being overly cautious.

Last edited:
Thanks man. :hi5:

I am just so obsessed with trying make this perfect that I know so much about the suit as I taken it off and put it back on so many times. :lol

Well I am not the most skilled modder. If I can do little things to improve a figure I will. But if it involves sewing or something like that, I tend to back off. Is this one just a simple body switch? Or would you recommend another way.

Well I am not the most skilled modder. If I can do little things to improve a figure I will. But if it involves sewing or something like that, I tend to back off.

You me both I just couldn't be bothered to do that anyway, I would just accept it the way it was even if it looked ugly on the back because I don't know about you but I would only plan to pose this so I could see the front only.

Is this one just a simple body switch?

Nope you have to mod the neck of the body of the Reeves figure by cutting off the neck and putting in a peg for head to go onto.

1419931156879.jpg

This mod is really for skilled modders as you can mess it up by putting the peg too low, and thus, the figure will look like it had no neck. Also just by looking at this pic it looks like Hyatt sanded the area around the neck to make it look like a normal true type figure with a U shape hole for the neck peg part to sit into.

Or would you recommend another way.

Since you feel you are not the most skilled modder, I would recommend another way. Only problem is, I have yet to find one that is as good as Reeve torso mod. :(

Last edited:
Did my 2nd mod on the cap.... Cut the fat suit at lower abs and stuff the fat suit up his chest.....

Bigger chest and slimmer waist, downside is the lower ab feels hollow now, doesn't grab the steath suit as tight as before..

My only regret on my 1st mod, was to cut the underneath blue vest.... though it allows arms to rest better on the sides (rather than flare out wide like Reeves superman body), but the two sleeves at shoulder tends to drop out and reveal the fat suit/body underneath..... but a little fuzzing will do....

Back