Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It´s not a consensus at all.

I have the figure in hands and it doesn´t have ANY issue.
All the mods I see until now or a) don´t present any visible modification after mod or b) the figure looks worst after the mod.

That is your opinion but I have it to and the body is just shocking IMO. If you like it that is great but the torso looks strange and although modding the fat suit does have it's cons, the torso no longer looks odd but has a natural shape. The only problem with modding the fat suit is like I said the suit no longer fits tightly against the body.

The thing I see is that some "collectors" NEED to point problems on Hot Toys and NEED to make some mod to prove to themselves and to everyone how brillant and how better than HT they are.

You sound like a spokesperson for Hot Toys, why can't you accept that people that are unhappy with it are unhappy with it for a reason not because they want to show how brilliant they are. I for one think my mod sucks but just thought I would share because people were asking me to and before Hyatt showed his I got a lot of praise for mine.

Some really skilled guys like Hyatt really managed to let the figure better - but not so different from the figure straight out of the box, with a little fuzzing.

But some other mods just ruined the all figure, letting Cap without a neck, for example.

Just get the damm figure and let it breath outside the box. This is all you really need.

Oh FFS you really believe Hyatt's mod only looks good because of futzing? :cuckoo:

The torso now has a V shape and now has broad shoulders and no longer looks like a skinny runt like the final product looks.

The fact of the matter is if your gonna throw up prototype photos and call your self the leader in movie MASTERPIECE series for figures.then you better darn we'll be as darn close to the final product as the prototype was. Because people are putting there hard earned money down on it they have expectation. Then they end up delivering some Toys R Us rated version of a figure. Don't get me wrong Hot Toys has produced some BeAutiful figures. But this is captain friggin America he deserves to be emaculate.

It´s not a consensus at all.

I have the figure in hands and it doesn´t have ANY issue. All the mods I see until now or a) don´t present any visible modification after mod or b) the figure looks worst after the mod.

The thing I see is that some "collectors" NEED to point problems on Hot Toys and NEED to make some mod to prove to themselves and to everyone how brillant and how better than HT they are.

Some really skilled guys like Hyatt really managed to let the figure better - but not so different from the figure straight out of the box, with a little fuzzing.

But some other mods just ruined the all figure, letting Cap without a neck, for example.

Just get the damm figure and let it breath outside the box. This is all you really need.

To each his own I guess.

If you bulk up the shoulders it tends to push the fabric on the edges of the vest out, the peg for the head can't be put higher but I think th fabric rides to high I needed to push it down

Yes I know but the straps cover most of that part, so that is why it doesn't matter if you bulk up the shoulders too much.

The fact of the matter is if your gonna throw up prototype photos and call your self the leader in movie MASTERPIECE series for figures.then you better darn we'll be as darn close to the final product as the prototype was. Because people are putting there hard earned money down on it they have expectation. Then they end up delivering some Toys R Us rated version of a figure. Don't get me wrong Hot Toys has produced some BeAutiful figures. But this is captain friggin America he deserves to be emaculate.

:goodpost:

However, some people believe this figure is a masterpiece and I know of other people that refuse to mod their figures just on principle regardless if the stock figure looks horrible. So as long there are people like that, Hot Toys can make their figures how ever they want to and they know a lot of people will buy them.

People mod n post to share their passion, not to show how brilliant they are compared to ht.

Some chose to keep misb, some chose to display out in the open to collect dust, some remain stock, while some tries some modding to make the figure better. Who are we to dictate which direction we all should take?

So far i have not read people critisizing others mod n claim his is a better one.. We are all here to share a common passion, mod or without mod.

I have only modded 1 figure in my collection. I tend to be happy with my figs when I receive them. I am still excited to get this fig set. I love the look on film, and in the prototype. So I will judge once I get them in hand and decide from there.

I don't mod my figures and will have to pass on this fig even though I own every HT Cap made to date. I can't get past how bad the final product is to the prototype which is a shame because the final fig usually looks better.

People mod n post to share their passion, not to show how brilliant they are compared to ht.

:exactly:

That's the only reason I showed mine as I just wanted to show how I was going with trying to mod the figure because people kept asking me when I was going to do it.

Some chose to keep misb, some chose to display out in the open to collect dust, some remain stock, while some tries some modding to make the figure better. Who are we to dictate which direction we all should take?

So far i have not read people critisizing others mod n claim his is a better one.. We are all here to share a common passion, mod or without mod.

I know I honestly don't get why it bothers some people on here when people mod their figures. :confused:

I personally like seeing the mods. And I love when you modders put up instructions or videos. I do not always have the courage to perform the mods, but I like knowing what others are doing. I modded my DX12 Batman a decent bit. I was terrified to even try the MOS mod. But I liked seeing the mods, and seeing what others passion led them to do.

I don't mod my figures and will have to pass on this fig even though I own every HT Cap made to date. I can't get past how bad the final product is to the prototype which is a shame because the final fig usually looks better.

Really? In most cases I found it has never looked as good a prototype but nevertheless this is probably the worse case I have seen where the difference between the prototype and final product figure (overall) is night and day.

I personally like seeing the mods. And I love when you modders put up instructions or videos. I do not always have the courage to perform the mods, but I like knowing what others are doing.

Yeah I feel the same way but I do envy Hyatt's mod and I am still hesitant to try that mod but I will probably end up doing it.

I modded my DX12 Batman a decent bit.

What did you do? All I did was put on a custom cape and Medicom modded head.

I was terrified to even try the MOS mod. But I liked seeing the mods, and seeing what others passion led them to do.

That mod looks hard, isn't that mod only if you want to put Tony's cape on? :dunno

I really like the looks of this suit in the promo pics.... Then I watched a video review and am sorely disappointed....

He can basically only be posed standing in a museum style pose... Pretty lame

Really? In most cases I found it has never looked as good a prototype but nevertheless this is probably the worse case I have seen where the difference between the prototype and final product figure (overall) is night and day.

Yeah I feel the same way but I do envy Hyatt's mod and I am still hesitant to try that mod but I will probably end up doing it.

What did you do? All I did was put on a custom cape and Medicom modded head.

That mod looks hard, isn't that mod only if you want to put Tony's cape on? :dunno

I need to go back and look at Hyatt's mod. The only mod I heard about for this fig is removing the fat suit.

My DX12 has a custom cape, painted eyes on the HT Headsculpt in the lower part of the mask it is flesh colored instead of black, and a custom faceplate i ordered.

For MOS there is the cape mod for Tony's cape, and the mod to move the S shield closer to the collar of the suit. Both involved more skill than I think I have, so I stayed away from them.

This delays must really be hurting SS, so many new things coming from AOU I bet lots of people are cancelling their PO's for the new stuff. As for me I am keeping the 2 pack, its a no brainer for me. 2 figures for about 165 each and with the new AOU cap ill use the extra head to have one of them without the helmet and keep the full Steve Rogers figure fighting the WS.

Not sure if ill order Falcon or wait for the Civil War version, I kind of like the military aspect of the figure, I hope he doesn't change that much in terms of costume in Civil War.

Here you go. All bootlegs.

C3A84FCB-0C86-44F0-BBDB-3D482571F26A.jpg

2EBFA228-2A93-474C-9382-D3409E1ABBBD.jpg

A4187B82-BE39-4BC8-BD4C-6D0CD96BC957.jpg

E3E7BCFF-AC37-4D6E-8A01-8593A719CA00.jpg

CC6B5792-EE26-4005-BB89-D49948FF4C03.jpg

D928F80E-9FD7-49BC-ADD7-676F5F89B92C.jpg

CDD0E1A2-5FA2-4438-BE2D-CEC30DAD20CF.jpg

18B2A0CF-238B-49E3-AA57-619133A61459.jpg

FDF77805-E4A6-48A1-AA74-9BD4308AC2C7.jpg

FBD7BA76-3618-4B26-8618-279652A2DEF3.jpg

558327F3-7F36-4076-86B9-FFA3155ECCB5.jpg

EBC65E13-E62D-42E0-855C-587FD4A17464.jpg

Barry. Where did you get your bootlegs from? I know some ebayers have some crappy ones but yours seem well done.

Right I know the head sculpt for the AoU Cap is the same as this one with a slightly different paint job, but something I can't decide on (and this may be a stupid question) from looking through this thread is does this one have Rogers eye line looking towards the left like on the AoU prototype?

So even with the dock slow down other things are getting through, but this 2 pack was released before Starboost and Igor....how did they get ahead of the 2 pack?

Back