Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liking this release, I think they will fit great with all my other Caps Not really to concerned with his chest size. Now i am ready to order AoU Cap and then Civil War cap and then Infinity War cap.....................................

Definitely not spot-on but good nonetheless.

wgx211.jpg

-All the colors are too bright. The blue, silver and red should be darker.

-The American flag on his left shoulder is too big on the figure and too far out into the arm.

-The figure is MUCH leaner than Evans. Evans is huge.

-The flaps above the chest star are off design-wise

-His hair should be lighter

All in all small details that prevent it from being near-perfect.

The biggest issue is the physique really. Had they kept him big, I'd give it a 9.5/10 but with this smaller figure he's an 8.5/10.

Still keeping my PO.

wgx211.jpg

-The American flag on his left shoulder is too big on the figure and too far out into the arm.

The biggest issue is the physique really. Had they kept him big, I'd give it a 9.5/10 but with this smaller figure he's an 8.5/10.

Still keeping my PO.

It's a 1/6 figure with batch production. Not 1/1 or unique custom.

Maybe the production team mistakenly used the suited body on civie steve, and vice versa haha..

wgx211.jpg

Still keeping my PO.

Hard to tell about the colors until it's in hand because of things like lighting, photoshop, your monitor, etc. I would go 9 out of 10, my girlfriend and friends would go 10 out of 10 because they will not have a picture to compare it to.

The level of scrutiny is insane lol.

For the price they're asking, I think it's only fair. Especially since we've already known how capable HT is (when they're at the top of their game).

They probably saved money with the smaller body but will lose some sales because of it.

For the price they're asking, I think it's only fair. Especially since we've already known how capable HT is (when they're at the top of their game).

For the price HT charged for all these figures..I expect better QC..but sadly, the qc has gotten worse for some of the recent released figures..

there were so many " defected" winter soldiers when I went to pick up mine. etc. missing buttons, missing holster..

I hope HT do something about it.

For the price HT charged for all these figures..I expect better QC..but sadly, the qc has gotten worse for some of the recent released figures..

there were so many " defected" winter soldiers when I went to pick up mine. etc. missing buttons, missing holster..

I hope HT do something about it.

Hot Toys is Jonah & we are Peter Parker.

J.K. Simmons rules. Just saw him in WHIPLASH. Outstanding, as was Miles Teller aka Reed Richards

Well that sucks. After looking at the pics a little more idk if it's the actual body or if the suit is a tad bit baggy

I think it is both, the tailoring doesn't look as good as the proto regardless if it is skinny body. The clothes just hang off him now, instead of being a tight fit. :(

Body is different for sure.

10678804_778672035539115_7500122357497238073_n.jpg

up_1.jpg

Yeah it's pretty obvious unfortunately.

Dang I really wanted to order this set too

Yeah me to. :thud:

With freaks here, nothing will satisfy.

Best HS to date.

I can never understand why some people are so easy to please, do you like Hot Toys so much that no matter what they do you will always defend them? :huh

They clearly messed up here, I mean Chris Evans is a big guy and the body of this figure looks like the body of a scrawny teenager.

:rotfl

:goodpost:

Hot Toys is Jonah & we are Peter Parker.

:exactly: :lol

I personally dont defend them but i have this on flexpay for months now and its hard to moan about a figure i already bought. I try to be happy that he will be shipped out in a month and try to focus on the good things here. The headsculpt is awesome and the suit really looks good to me.

and still, every time i get the figure out of the package by myself i am more than satisfied. that happened with the Golden Age Captain and WS Black Widow. looks **** on pictures but i love both figures when i see them here now on my desk.

and i think everybody knows that Hot Toys is charging way too much, but it doesnt help when i am sad about it every time a figure comes out. i want to be happy about my hobby and not sad to loose some dollars again.

A bit of a long shot but hopefully HT could halt production and fix 'em biceps issues :pray:

I personally dont defend them but i have this on flexpay for months now and its hard to moan about a figure i already bought. I try to be happy that he will be shipped out in a month and try to focus on the good things here. The headsculpt is awesome and the suit really looks good to me.

and still, every time i get the figure out of the package by myself i am more than satisfied. that happened with the Golden Age Captain and WS Black Widow. looks **** on pictures but i love both figures when i see them here now on my desk.

and i think everybody knows that Hot Toys is charging way too much, but it doesnt help when i am sad about it every time a figure comes out. i want to be happy about my hobby and not sad to loose some dollars again.

That's true there are good things about it but I am sick of people that imply that there is nothing wrong with this figure and we are just nit picking. Either these people are in denial or just so dam easy to please. Nevertheless, I can understand your POV you don't want to focus on the negatives since you are buying this and want to look forward to it, but it's obvious to me that this is not the figure/s for me and I will be passing on them. Which sucks as I was looking forward to getting this set but I can't get past the body they chose. :(

Back