Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the figure looks pretty good. They've got all of the details right, and the head sculpt is phenomenal! As far as I'm concerned, the body doesn't look that bad. Really can't wait to have this next to my Widow.

WOW! Let me start by saying that I am really easy to please when it comes to HT. I don't sit there and nitpick every aspect of the figures I get, but man is this disappointing.

This was the one (set) that I was waiting for the most. It hurt me to do, but I cancelled my order. I got hit with the cancellation charge but it's better than being stuck with something that I am not happy with. I was in love with the stealth suit Cap proto and the final product is not worth the amount of money that they want.
I will pick up the Evans sculpt which is still phenomenal in my opinion.

Happy for the collectors that are getting or have this piece.

Personally, I like everything else about the figure; it's just the slender arms that I'm not too crazy about.

Yeah that is the only thing I hate to, some people nit pick that the color of the suit is off and all sorts other stuff that I never noticed. Overall I think this is an amazing set and I sure can see the appeal of why people would still want this.

What pisses me off is the fact that the un-cancellable pre-order I placed was based on that amazing prototype they showed us, but now I feel like they did not deliver on that promise. I know HT has their off days, but why must it be on a figure that I've been looking forward to all-year!! :gah:

(sorry if I overreacted lol)

Yeah I know such a disappointment, was really looking forward to this. :( This is the second time this year Hot Toys has let me down, you think I would be use to it by now. :slap

Budget Stark already uploaded this video in a separate thread, but I'm adding it to the thread.

And a link to the thread containing all of JingoBell's pics. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...in-america-steve-rogers-photos-jingobell.html

That guy Stark on you tube is clearly in denial when he said it's just the way it is posed is what makes it look scrawny, I mean come on man you seriously expect us to by that BS? The tailoring is not the best, since it looks like it is meant for a muscular body. I honestly don't get why Hot Toys chose such a scrawny body as it is much easier to tailor or get a tighter fit on big muscular bodies than skinny ones. :thud:

Very disappointed with how scrawny stealth suit looks compared to proto. Time to start up a customization thread methinks. I wonder how much give the suit will have to bulk him up.

Since you plan on modding it, I think it would easier to just cut the suit and put it on the muscular body than sew it up. I am sure it will fit like a glove then, as it looks a little too big for the figure now, which makes him look even skinnier.

captain-america-chris-evans.jpg

for me he looks like he did in the movie. the brown could be a bit lighter maybe, like it was on the first pictures.

Looks like Rogers pre super soldier syrum. :l
Gonna need two bodies to make this set right. Geesh. Might use my 1x NRD forgiveness with Sideshow and build up a civie Steve from part outs.

Okay, pre serum is a huge over exaggeration. XD

Maybe Hot Toys should just make a new muscular body. We need an awesome Chris Evans Dorito body.

One more thing (need to get my post number back up after that discount code thread was moved)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't WS ship in the US not long after HK pics? Wasn't the wait in between significantly less than the 4 weeks or so that we're accustomed to?

I'm calling it - shipping next week in the US. :lecture

Maybe the production team mistakenly used the suited body on civie steve, and vice versa haha..

My thoughts exactly. If it were the other way around we'd likely hear how fat the hero version looked in comparison to the civie one. The easiest possible fix for this is to stuff the stealth suit now. Sucks but that's really not that bad of a compromise.

One more thing (need to get my post number back up after that discount code thread was moved)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't WS ship in the US not long after HK pics? Wasn't the wait in between significantly less than the 4 weeks or so that we're accustomed to?

i hope so. would be great to put him on the top of my christmas tree. now that he doesnt weigh that much it would be possible without breaking the tree.

I'm pretty sure you could shrink down the real Chris Evans in his suit to 1/6 and we would still complain about something :lol

Haha, so true. :goodpost: Cue the complaints about rooted hair!

And a few thoughts of my own:

1. The lighting in these pictures is pretty harsh/bright, but it looks like they corrected the colors being too bright on the prototype. In a few pictures, the grey bits actually look grey (though some pictures look silver because of the lighting), and the red looks like a burgundy. It still looks a bit too bright, but I'll wait to pass final judgment until it gets into collectors' hands.

2. The seamless Steve Rogers head is growing on me. There were some pictures where a tilted head would've helped, but it still pulled off some good action poses.

3. The Cap torso looks less buff than the Steve Rogers torso, and I wonder how much of that was for articulation purposes. Maybe they had to cut down on the size in order to let his arm reach to his back (for the pose where he's putting the shield on his back... which oddly enough wasn't in any of these new blogger pictures). And who knows how much feedback from Golden Age Cap factored into this. Still, it seems odd to make one decision to increase articulation (torso) and another decision to limit it (seamless head).

4. I'm pretty sure the Cap head isn't seamless, but there sure wasn't a wide range of vertical head tilts in these pictures. This was most obvious in the Iron Man ground punch poses (when did that become a thing to do with Cap?).

5. I was hoping we'd see a bonus red shield accessory, but alas, no luck on that front. The severe battle damaged shield doesn't look that bad on civilian Steve though.

I'm not as down on these as some other people are. There are concerns with both figures, but from the right angle, these look pretty phenomenal. That said, it's probably not enough for me to replace my current Cap or to break my "one figure per character" rule. If I didn't already have a Cap though, this would be the one to pick up.

View attachment 147333

for me he looks like he did in the movie. the brown could be a bit lighter maybe, like it was on the first pictures.

Yep sure does, the suit looks really baggy there doesn't look tight at all, especially around the forearms and man does he look scrawny in that pic. :rolleyes2

In summary:

Golden Age Cap = too big.

Strike Suit Cap = too small.

Both figures = bought.

Didn't realize people complained that the Golden Age one was too big, interesting.

Winter Soldier blogger pics came out October 15th, and Sideshow 2 week shipping notices went out October 17th. Based on that history, it'd be shipping notices this week, credit card charges in early December, then shipping the week after.

Yeah I'm definitely replacing his body with a more muscular one. At least in the arms department because that's the only thing that bothers me. His arms look like twigs/pixie sticks in compairson with civi steve.

My thoughts exactly. If it were the other way around we'd likely hear how fat the hero version looked in comparison to the civie one. The easiest possible fix for this is to stuff the stealth suit now. Sucks but that's really not that bad of a compromise.

Won't you have to destroy the suit to do that?

Won't you have to destroy the suit to do that?

I wouldn't think so. Just conjecture but you might avoid it by stuffing something like cotton through the collar. You'd definitely have to tare the suit apart to replace the whole body.

Back