Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What i believe is that the poster shield is meant to be the normal shield with the red parts painted silver in the same way the STRIKE shield is the normal shield with the red parts painted a pale blue.

So, when the STRIKE shield gets the top coating(Which is evidently less tough than that *made out of red adamantium* paint the shield is normally painted with, lol), and that top coating chips during heavy use, it reveals the more durable red underneath. Also, that top coating must be easily applied and peeled off after a night mission.
Now, in the scenes where Cap is fighting Batroc on the ship, even the prop has red painted on top. I mistook it for blood on my first couple of viewings. But regardless of how they got the effect on the prop, it's *meant* to represent the stealth coating flaking off with heavy use.

Now, it can be agreed by all that although we never *really* see the "poster shield" in the movie, i do think it's cool they included it.

And of course, how HT are doing it is making the shield from metal, painting the blue on, and painting the red on top of the metal.

Where the misconception of HT making a mistake creeping in is that people forget how HT would have to do it otherwise. The only highly accurate way to do the poster shield(Other than how they are actually doing it), is to take a die cast shield, paint it with the red and blue, mask off the blue, and *the parts of the red that are supposed to be poking through the damaged top coat*, then spray it silver and when that coat is dry, to remove the masking.

That's how i would do it for a totally accurate poster shield. But for HT, the easiest way to get the same look is to add the red on top.

So it's not a mistake as such. Just a time and cost saving measure...

And one more point is to say that anyone who orders GA or the STRIKE suit(Or the two-pack), will most likely have TFA, or Avengers Cap already.
So they will have access to a pristine or BD shield anyway. You can just put that shield with Steve, and give the heavily battle damaged one to TFA. Or Avengers Cap.

And i bet that if HT *hadn't* included the poster shield, half the people would be moaning that we don't get the shield from the poster, lol.

:lol

Straight out of the Art Book, in case anyone is still confused

WLiyJnl.jpg

Ok proto box, but the IM Irion Patriot pics are over a year out. Finally he get extra hands and the rocket on the left arm. The 12month old pics show nothing of this.

902014-iron-patriot-014.jpg

If that is indeed the STEALTH SUIT box, although it's probably just a protobox! but IF it is, I probably wont get it will I? Because I ordered the 2-pack with CIV Steve, don't they usually come in a different style box?

It seems to just be a proto with the corresponding actor/actress signature on it. The box even has MMS 241, which belongs to the Winter Soldier. The STEALTH Suit figure is MMS 242 so there's a misprint there.

aye! so hot toys do amend some stuff to make it more screen accruate!.
ok i can hope now!. haha

Definitely possible, if I remember correctly they not only updated the workshop Tony Stark headsculpt that was different from the prototype photos, and also added the armored right arm.

See how much better he looks with the normal shield? Man, I wish Hot Toys would just include the dang thing as a little gift to the fans. I guess it's possible given they already have one designed for the Golden Age version and the fact that this won't be released until next year. We need to make some noise now though so they know how bad people want this.

I like the stealth shield a lot, but he used his standard shield almost the entire movie, how could HT not include this?! Hope they realize their mistake and fix it, they definitely have the time.

I honestly have no problem with the muted shield in the single pack. I wonder if people would rather have the helmet or the regular shield included in the 2 pack.

So, if we ordered the two pack, is it going to be 2 individual box packed inside one large box, or they're going to have one different box that fits the two figures?

Back