Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you bulk up that Chest and shoulders?

I don't want remove the clothes again because their seams are a little bit fragile. But I can give you a description:

- removed the inner white vest

- bought a Hot Toys TTM20

- removed the body's soft part (I couldn't use the whole body because it does not fit in the clothes)

- glued it on the figure's own body (needs a little bit cutting job to fit).

- I bought a pack of Sugru and used them to extend the shoulders (any modelling clay or super sculpey will do the job but Sugru is elastic, adhesive itself and dries quickly)

- dressed it up

that's all.

I recently purchased this set from a fellow freak. I know there's some problem with the tailoring and general fitting. But after a simple fat suit modification and padding up the chest, I love how he looks.

P6aXupJ.jpg

wjydgmu.jpg

TgEhRaD.jpg

Here's my modded Strike suit, removed the fat suit and stitched up part of the shirt and pants to make it a little tighter. I think it looks better overall like this, almost gets rid of the puffy squared shoulder look.

Attachments

• DSC_0404.JPG
    DSC_0404.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC_0421.JPG
    DSC_0421.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC_0386.JPG
    DSC_0386.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC_0401.JPG
    DSC_0401.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 397
So I'm rewatching all of Phase 2 before Civil War tomorrow and currently on The Winter Soldier and I'm kinda surprised no ones tried to make a custom undercover Steve and Nat yet. XD

Thanks! No, I actually like to keep all my figures stock if possible, no mods. :duff

Same here. :duff

SS looks great. I know this figure is seemingly pretty unpopular, but I quite like him. The only thing for me personally that was a miss was the flat chest.

I would love a 2.0 of that suit

If you're talking about another version of the Strike suit, I definitely see a possibility of seeing a very similar suit. If you've seen Civil War,
Spoiler Spoiler:
The 2.0 suit would look similar to this:

latest

If you're talking about another version of the Strike suit, I definitely see a possibility of seeing a very similar suit. If you've seen Civil War,
Spoiler Spoiler:
The 2.0 suit would look similar to this:

latest

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back