Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America

Ordered!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Don't know why Sideshow needs to have a NRD; that totally makes me want to go with Big Bad Toy Store. Does BBTS ship Hot Toys in the brown shipper like SS or they use a separate box?

They use the brown shipper and another box to make sure it arrives safe. I'm flex paying so I went with sideshow.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America

Ordered set.

Loving how both came out.

Does BBTS have a points reward system like SS? Oops BBTS preorder is Sold Out!

Don't know why Sideshow needs to have a NRD; that totally makes me want to go with Big Bad Toy Store. Does BBTS ship Hot Toys in the brown shipper like SS or they use a separate box?

For bigger ticket items (usually around $250 or more), they require it to keep inventory costs down. They don't want to put in large orders with HT (which they presumably have to put some kind of payment on) and then have a bunch of cancels at the last minute as that's extra money they didn't have to spend in the first place. It's also added risk in ending up with extra stock that takes longer to sell and profit on.

It's up at AlterEgo but no discount :(
Wait for Shopafx, Cornerstore, Pop Culture Zone, Toy Anxiety and maybe Underground figures. They are usually discounted. AE doesn't discount anymore.

If you are not sure about the two pack, why not just preorder at Big Bad Toy Store? They don't have a reserve and can cancel later on if you wish.
Shopafx also allows you to cancel without penalty.

They use the brown shipper and another box to make sure it arrives safe. I'm flex paying so I went with sideshow.

SS doesn't pack in another box, it's extra.

Does BBTS have a points reward system like SS? Oops BBTS preorder is Sold Out!

Alter ego has a points system but it's less. You need twice as many points per dollar. Shopafx has a rewards system like SS. They sell for cheaper and they double box. A no brainer which is why I always buy from them. I only use SS for exclusives. The price difference for Shopafx is greater than SS point returns, and you get 5% rewards in addition.

I am thinking if you buy the single version. But then try to get the Evans sculpt from Ebay and the exclusive helmet, or from Toy anxiety. You would be spending about the same as if you got the 2 pack. Especially if you get 2 pack for discount and rewards.

Okay, so if I am ordering from sideshow, ( stealth cap only) there is no deposit, and if I selected a payment plan, I will not be charged until the date I've selected?

Sorry for the probably stupid questions, I've just never ordered a figure before. :dunno

Alter ego has a points system but it's less. You need twice as many points per dollar. Shopafx has a rewards system like SS. They sell for cheaper and they double box. A no brainer which is why I always buy from them. I only use SS for exclusives. The price difference for Shopafx is greater than SS point returns, and you get 5% rewards in addition.

Shopafx huh? I'll have to check this out - thank!!!:clap

Well, just found use for all those points SSC handed out last year! :rock

I've been hoarding points so I decided to use $75 worth toward this.

Falcon is really going to have to blow me away in the movie and/or I'm going to have to really dig the design for me to bite. I have zero connection with the character from back in my comic collecting days

That A2 suit looks awful baggy.. I wish it was a bit more fitted.

So after seeing the movie, this is a minor complaint but I think that the bodies they used for Steve here are a tad too bulky. Just a minor complaint though.

Well that's mine ordered. Now it's just the waiting game :-/ hopefully the sculpts won't change too much when it goes into mass production. It's scary how much this movie is costing me. I'm dreaded AOU........well not as much as my wallet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

AOU will be Cap, Ultron and Iron Man for me. Maybe Quicksilver for a HT Aaron Johnson figure.

+1 for AFX. They're typically priced 8% less than MSRP, they don't ask for a NRD unless it's priced like over $350 or so, don't charge tax unless you're in the tiny state of HI (in which case you should be used to paying taxes and duties for living in paradise anyway :lol), they actually ship from CA so you're not paying shipping from HI, and recently they started offering 5% rewards points like SSC which sweetens the deal even more.

I got my MoS figure from them and I ended up saving a little over $25 compared to SSC. Just gotta wait a lil longer for them to offer HTs for sale. I know they never got the Golden Age Cap though, so for exclusives like that you'll just have to pay SSC prices.

So after seeing the movie, this is a minor complaint but I think that the bodies they used for Steve here are a tad too bulky. Just a minor complaint though.

I think on one hand there is "how large Chris Evans *actually is*" and on the other hand, "How big Cap is *supposed* to be"(We only see a few hints throughout the series that hint at his supposed Schwarzennegger-esque bulk), i can accept the Cap HT figures portraying him as slightly larger than we know the actor to actually be.
On a light note, i was searching for a pic of him, and found a website with a piece about his the shortlist to play Cap was Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and Channing Tatum.
The thing that is funniest to me is the postings of the raving comic geeks at the bottom of the page.
Post #5 made me laugh(In hindsight, as i struggle to imagine anyone BUT Evans playing Cap now):

https://www.comicvine.com/captain-a...evans-offered-role-of-captain-america-534580/

Okay, so if I am ordering from sideshow, ( stealth cap only) there is no deposit, and if I selected a payment plan, I will not be charged until the date I've selected?

Sorry for the probably stupid questions, I've just never ordered a figure before. :dunno

You got it. Flexpay will charge only on the day you select. If the figure gets delayed, they will simply push back your next payment date. The Deposit is only on the 2pack.

Back