Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Captain America Stealth Suit

I feel like it's useless to talk about it until we see official pics since this was basically a display mock-up.

It's a good start. It will only get better.

That would be something. Have a Movie Promo Golden Age Cap and a Toy Fairs exclusive Stealth Cap.

Good to have the red stripe. There's no red on the suit to begin with. He should have red, white, and blue.

Yeah it's possible !

So this is an early prototype, it's now safe to assume that we won't get the official announcement next Thursday.

Have they ever reused headsculpts before?

They reuse HS tony stark from MMS 191 a lot, for Mark 42 diecast, The Mechanic, Rose Hill, silver centurion
Tony Stark Mech Test for Mark VI Avengers Movie Promo Edition
Tony Stark Mark IV for Mark VI Avengers and Mark IV + Gantry
Bruce Wayne DX 12 for Bruce Wayne in package with Alfred + Bat Armory
Also Classic Predator :lol

Really hoping this was going to be released in the next couple of weeks to go with the movie but I think it's not likely given this pic. Oh well

They reuse HS tony stark from MMS 191 a lot, for Mark 42 diecast, The Mechanic, Rose Hill, silver centurion
Tony Stark Mech Test for Mark VI Avengers Movie Promo Edition
Tony Stark Mark IV for Mark VI Avengers and Mark IV + Gantry
Bruce Wayne DX 12 for Bruce Wayne in package with Alfred + Bat Armory
Also Classic Predator :lol
Well for a lot of the stuff you mentioned though it's practical to re-use a lot of those sculpts. It's a waste of time and resources to make something brand new for things like the various Stark figures and whatnot if they already have a decent sculpt. A fresh paint application is all a lot of those really needed. Same could be said about Bruce Wayne. I think it's silly to try and say that Hot Toys will re-use an Evans sculpt already existing for this figure seeing as how he's noticeably got a different look. Plus not to mention that a lot of people don't think they've truly knocked his likeness out of the park with any of their attempts yet so they have a reason to try and stride for a better version this time around.

I feel like it's useless to talk about it until we see official pics since this was basically a display mock-up.

I think you miss the point of this whole "internet" thing ;-)

^^^ What she said. Since the latest picture had the Avengers Steve head as a substitute, it's probably safe to say they are still working on the helmeted one (and hopefully the un-helmeted one) so probably shortly after the official release.

Thinking the pose of the lower half of the figure is what's throwing it off for me. The legs and pants look odd, but I'm loving the top half as well as the shield. Going to wait for more pics to pop up before forming a stronger opinion, though.

^^^ What she said. Since the latest picture had the Avengers Steve head as a substitute, it's probably safe to say they are still working on the helmeted one (and hopefully the un-helmeted one) so probably shortly after the official release.
Thank you! It's awesome when people realize I'm a girl so thanks :hi5:

Just in case you want a sneak peek at the Cap suit he's wearing in Avengers 2:

10173793_10153100998394460_1461605987_n.jpg

Back