1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, first post here.
Just wanted to share my crappy cellphone pick of the TWS BW I just got last weekend. Sorry for the poor quality.

D097YDx.jpg

The official AoU version pics of Widow settled me on this version, as I'm a "the closer to the comic the better" kinda guy when I choose my figs.
I was a bit wary of the "real hair" but it's perfect, really.

That's a nice picture, I like the pose you have put her in :clap

Just wanted to share my crappy cellphone pick of the TWS BW I just got last weekend. Sorry for the poor quality.

D097YDx.jpg

The official AoU version pics of Widow settled me on this version, as I'm a "the closer to the comic the better" kinda guy when I choose my figs.

Best pose ever! Great BW stuff!

I called and enquires if any more will be coming in so I can use the code I was sent. At first the rep said she didn't know if Hot Toys would be sending any more then after enquiring the possibility of extending the coupon for a few days just in case I was told Sideshow will not be getting any more in at all. The rep seemed unsure throughout the whole conversation. So maybe they will, but probably not be getting any more Widows in.

D097YDx.jpg

:goodpost: Really like the post and the pic!

I called and enquires if any more will be coming in so I can use the code I was sent. At first the rep said she didn't know if Hot Toys would be sending any more then after enquiring the possibility of extending the coupon for a few days just in case I was told Sideshow will not be getting any more in at all. The rep seemed unsure throughout the whole conversation. So maybe they will, but probably not be getting any more Widows in.

That sucks. It seems like too much of a coincidence, this going to waitlist right after the AOU goes up for pre order. That 20% coupon was just what I needed to help lessen the blow from the poor USD CAD rate. plus I like getting the reward points from sideshow.

Managed to track this down today at a local(ish) shop, decent price too. I'm really excited to finally have it!
Did get a couple scares tho when removing the left hand. It put up a good fight and seemed to damage the peg so I tried pulling the whole peg out which promptly snapped. Luckily I was able to feed a paper clip through the hole in the remaining bit of peg, and I held the arm and pulled. The only thing to give next was the whole arm which came loose :thud: freaked me out a lot! But it was easy to pop back in thank god. Finally, before putting the arm back, I was able to yank the broken wrist peg out. Complete nightmare but the spare peg and other hand were very easy to deal with.
Now that I've changed my pants, I've just been futzing and posing like crazy. I'm really lovin this figure!
If I can manage to get a photo that looks close to how good it is in hand, I'll be sure to post it

I've been wanting this one for a while but i've been putting it off hoping for a good deal. A local store by me had it on there website for 25% off but they charge $17 shipping and i would have to pay tax, they don't have it in the store and won't do in store pickup. Got the email about the 20% off and with the cheaper $10 shipping and no tax being charged it was finally the deal i was waiting for but of course it's not available. I decide i'll just order it from the local store and of course it's sold out. So i just ordered it from BBTS who still has it in stock but with no discount. I should have just ordered it from the place with the 25% off. would have saved around $30. Lesson learned, if you see a deal grab it while it's still available.

D097YDx.jpg

I have to say that is the first time where I have seen this particular figure and my re-action was 'Damn!' :clap
- Pose chosen is one of a few (IMHO) that really works for this model.

The image may well be low quality, but the pose is quality nonetheless. :rock

D097YDx.jpg

I'm just gonna pile on the "fantastic pic" train. :clap I think having her hair across her face really helps it look fantastic.

17b4e932f81a567dcc1a9d9705afbdcc.jpg

Quick shot

Nice shot! :clap

I'm still torn between this and the AoU version (despite initially hating the costume), but if it comes back in stock on Sideshow while the coupon's valid, I may finally pick it up (as well as some AoU pieces later on).

I'm just gonna pile on the "fantastic pic" train. :clap I think having her hair across her face really helps it look fantastic.

Nice shot! :clap

I'm still torn between this and the AoU version (despite initially hating the costume), but if it comes back in stock on Sideshow while the coupon's valid, I may finally pick it up (as well as some AoU pieces later on).

Yeah lots of tempting pics going up lately, that's what helped convince me to snag one. If she does come back up on sideshow hopefully they'll extend the coupon so you can get it. As it is now I think it expires/expired on the 25th at midnight :(
My biased opinion would be to get this one now, especially since I've been able to enjoy it in person, but it would also depend on what style you prefer. The AoU version does look really cool and the face is just a repaint so no loss/gain there. It would come down to long hair vs short, all black outfit vs colourful one, few accessories vs more, cheaper vs more expensive, buy now vs pre order.
As you said you could probably get the accessories later anyway. Don't know if I've helped now or just stated a lot of obvious facts haha I don't think you'll be disappointed either way, and I'll leave it at that :)

I picked this up in a trade. Love it. But I also have the avengers one coming and I don't need both. I'm leaning towards the avengers head as being better but I'm not sure

Back