1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back to look at pics of the Avengers version and forgot what a mess the hair was. Some pics look just like a strung out Barbie. At least this one seems to have much better hair.

I went back to look at pics of the Avengers version and forgot what a mess the hair was. Some pics look just like a strung out Barbie. At least this one seems to have much better hair.

Thats true, the Avengers hair is a bit of mess, this look was better in the movies and is better on the figure too

Like I said when the pictures were released by HT
It just keep getting better and better, and I can hardly wait to pose her with my previous 2

Can't wait IMO from head to toe a completely different figure in each version. :clap

For those who think they used the same boots from the avengers version. Close, but definitely a new style

TWS

Avengers

a3epa7e6.jpg
yrabyry8.jpg
yheve9ag.jpg

I still can't believe how much they completely abandoned this project with the original sculpt . It's completely different . I don't even know how they get away with this . It's a debacle !!!

People keep buying the new ones b/c it's new, that's how.

Well I don't see it as a debacle by any means because protos are very rarely the same as final. Some are better, some are worse depending on each collectors opinion. I think she looks great!! And for me I'm not getting WS black widow just because she's a new figure I'm buying it because it's the Winter Soldier version. Some of us collect per movie not for best likeness. I personally wouldn't display a Avengers BW with any WS figures because they aren't from the same film, but others don't mind it and that's perfectly fine. We all have our own ways of collecting, that's all really. :)

Even though I'm slightly disappointed with the pics from the OMG picture review I think I'll still pick this up. I almost decided to go back to the Avengers Widow but remember what a nightmare it was trying to futz with her hair. I want a nice figure to display, not a dummy to practice hair-styling on.

I think I figured out what I think is wrong with this version of Black Widow. It's her makeup. I remember taking a photo for the forum and being really pleased with the likeness of the Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow. My photo even had the box and bookmark next to it. If you look at the packaging image and other images of Scarlett in Cap 2, the figure doesn't have the same makeup. The Gentle Giant statue comes off over done (it has a few other problems too) but the Hot Toys figure doesn't look like they tried enough with the makeup. I think the expression on the Hot Toys version doesn't help much either. In someone's pic from earlier they had all three versions looking straight on and the Cap 2 version has a deer in the headlights look. The hair color doesn't seem to be right either. I was going to get this figure too. But I don't think even ClipperKing's usually awesome vids can change my mind on this one.

I think despite all the comments and opinions, we're just going to have to wait for the in-hand pics and reviews to really understand what we've got here. So much is dependent on lighting, angle, and the general skill of the photographer. Case and point:

There are both production pieces. Great treatment and photography on the left, very nice shot from MWC Toys' review on the right, but I think these two images tell the opposite story from the prevailing wisdom so far. Time will tell...

image.jpg

I think despite all the comments and opinions, we're just going to have to wait for the in-hand pics and reviews to really understand what we've got here. So much is dependent on lighting, angle, and the general skill of the photographer. Case and point:

There are both production pieces. Great treatment and photography on the left, very nice shot from MWC Toys' review on the right, but I think these two images tell the opposite story from the prevailing wisdom so far. Time will tell...

View attachment 125491

So some of you think the Avengers HS is superior to TWS HS?:cuckoo:

Back