1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of the movies and Agents of Shield tv show...funny how my sig is from THE MOVIE and my avatar is from THE SHOW or any of THE MOVIES. Hope I cleared that up for you.

Well Wonder Woman/Gal Godot and Scarlet Witch/Elizabeth Olsen are from the new Batman Vs Superman MOVIE and the new Avengers MOVIE. So saying you don't know who they are because you're not a 'comic' person doesn't exactly make a lot of sense if you're strictly referring to comic BOOKS.

I'm sure Piccolo thought you must have been referring to 'comics' as a genre, as it is often used nowadays. :lol:lol:lol

That said, it makes sense that not everybody knows who they are yet. Gal Gadot's casting as the new Wonder Woman is relatively recent, and the new Avengers movie is still a good ways off, so unless you've spent some time looking into it, you wouldn't know. :lecture

From facebook.

10527397_10152212953667344_2336067001421038784_n.jpg

10531226_10152212953737344_4013571000405643936_o.jpg

1237053_10152212953917344_5735608589764877911_n.jpg

There about 70 more on facebook, but you get the picture. Label as final production pieces.

Link to album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152212953552344.1073742120.58690437343&type=1

At first I wasn't so sure about this one, but now I like her. I really do :drool :love

tumblr_n2ez08aSIy1qd4w1no2_250.gif

Headsculpt is terrible. Not so long ago they released that very poor loki sculpt and now this. Who is approving these things?

Headsculpt is terrible. Not so long ago they released that very poor loki sculpt and now this. Who is approving these things?

I don't think its terrible. The head looks realistic and paint apps look good. Just that it does not look like scarjo that's all. Maybe a hybrid of scarjo/portman/keira.

Some pics with the head tilted it looks much better. I think it's that straight on zombie gaze that's the problem. Some blogger pics actually look quite good. I'm wondering if lighting has some effect on the eyes as well.

Is anyone else seeing more Natalie portman than scarlett in the head sculpt? Especially around the eyes?

Well Wonder Woman/Gal Godot and Scarlet Witch/Elizabeth Olsen are from the new Batman Vs Superman MOVIE and the new Avengers MOVIE. So saying you don't know who they are because you're not a 'comic' person doesn't exactly make a lot of sense if you're strictly referring to comic BOOKS.

I'm sure Piccolo thought you must have been referring to 'comics' as a genre, as it is often used nowadays. :lol:lol:lol

That said, it makes sense that not everybody knows who they are yet. Gal Gadot's casting as the new Wonder Woman is relatively recent, and the new Avengers movie is still a good ways off, so unless you've spent some time looking into it, you wouldn't know. :lecture

Yeah I'm definitely a marvel person so I didn't know there was even going to be a wonder woman in a movie in the near future. I know who Scarlett Witch is....as long as someone reminds me. Took a second. Fair points all around though :wave

I think the Avengers Black Widow has the better likeness to Scarlet Johansson and in my opinion still looks to be the better figure overall. I would say this version lies somewhere between the Iron Man 2 and Avengers releases in terms of quality, the expression they sculpted for it is just too vacant and really feels like a step backwards to me.

I think the Avengers Black Widow has the better likeness to Scarlet Johansson and in my opinion still looks to be the better figure overall. I would say this version lies somewhere between the Iron Man 2 and Avengers releases in terms of quality, the expression they sculpted for it is just too vacant and really feels like a step backwards to me.

I totally agree with you. I'm keeping my avengers widow

Like I've always told myself regarding these figures, never jump to conclusions until you have it in hand. Based off what I've seen of this figure in those pics, this has a better likeness than the Avengers version.

I really like how this came out. I cancelled but I will order her soon but use a Sideshow Coupon Code to get her cheaper. It's a win win plus the extra money will go towards some cases.

I think the open mouth throws the Winter Soldier version off. It alters her jaw and gives her a sort of "deer in headlights" look. Which isn't helped by the thousand yard stare of her eyes. I do think the paint job is the best we've gotten on a Black Widow figure yet though. It doesn't look nearly as doll-like as the other two.

It doesn't matter to me as I just purchased an alternate head for her on ebay, but if I had to choose just one of the three BW figures Hot Toys has released, based on all the pictures I've seen, I would probably have gone with the Avengers version now. The Winter Soldier version has gone downhill since the prototype.
Which head did you buy? If you don't mind me asking of course [emoji4]

Back