1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3NgSnB.jpg

Excellent shot!

Like those ones from Royce too....

Looking good...

After looking at videos and pics I do think the Winter Soldier one looks good. Especially from the profile. Emarae put up a good comparison video. The Avengers version is still the one I'm keeping. But I'll probably get The Avengers 2 version. I bet this Black Widow will look good whenever Clipper puts up his video.

I hope for Avengers 2, Hot Toys does more with the under body on Black Widow.

I own this toy and really dig it. What I don't get is why does her head look somewhat large whenever someone takes a photo of it? It happens to me when I try to take a photo, her head always comes out looking bigger than it does in person. Guess the camera adds 15 pounds to her head.

All these pictures are tempting me to order. I was going to hold off but she really came out awesome.

I own this toy and really dig it. What I don't get is why does her head look somewhat large whenever someone takes a photo of it? It happens to me when I try to take a photo, her head always comes out looking bigger than it does in person. Guess the camera adds 15 pounds to her head.

Could be the visual effect of black on her body. You know, "black is slimming".

In art, the head is the scale to measure proportions of the whole body. A real human female may be 6 heads tall, but we tend to idealize to 7, or even 8 for superheroes. Perspective might also have a lot to do with it.

Very rarely does my camera capture what my eyes see. I think I have an awesome shot and the results are doo doo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Black Widow, but Hot Toys needs to give us a better female body for women like Scarlett who are curvy. Most important thing: get rid of the awful toothpick arms! They throw the entire figure off and give it almost a marionette look. Then bulk up the thighs and lose a bit of length on the calves.

Maybe for the Avengers 2 figures we'll get a new female body. We're going to have another Black Widow as well as Scarlet Witch, and who knows? Maybe another female character too.

I love my Black Widow, but Hot Toys needs to give us a better female body for women like Scarlett who are curvy. Most important thing: get rid of the awful toothpick arms! They throw the entire figure off and give it almost a marionette look. Then bulk up the thighs and lose a bit of length on the calves.

I do agree with you for the most part other than the arms. They do need a curvier female body, but the arms on this figure are just about dead on. When you compare the figure's arms to Black Widow on the poster, it's accurate. It's harder to tell in the movie, but the skinny arms are at least accurate to the posters.

Anyone that has done a costume change with this figure....how hard is it to get the suit off?

Maybe for the Avengers 2 figures we'll get a new female body. We're going to have another Black Widow as well as Scarlet Witch, and who knows? Maybe another female character too.

I hope so... but Scarjo's body won't actually be in the film :lol so... I don't know what they'll do

Very rarely does my camera capture what my eyes see. I think I have an awesome shot and the results are doo doo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Without having seen your photos) It's not the camera, it's probably your lighting. You might also need a macro lens.

I have to say I think that this is a pretty damn solid figure. The biceps seem a bit thin to me and her hair needs a bit of work straight out of the box, a bit of paste to de shine and texture makes it look more realistic. Other than that solid solid female figure from hot toys.

Likeness is great even though the proto was stronger yes and I think it looks exactly like her body and the suit is nice, one of the only if not the only hot toy female to not look like she's wearing a diaper too.

I don't like many of the marvel movies including the avengers but cap two was amazing and I liked widows character in the movie so I finally finding myself wanting her figure. It is a good thing that this is her best look yet at her hair was really weird in the last two movies she was in.

I have my first avengers cap which is so much better than the new GA one and I'll get stealth cap. Undecided on winter soldiure or flacon but widow makes an very nice counterpart to the captian amarica figures!

Very nice pics Royce. I like the zipped up look, looks more in-character to me. Was it hard to do?

Back