Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His mandibles look pretty darn close unlike city hunter (yikes!) i wont be modding this guy.
Damn HT is on a roll and next year will be great for my collection, i just hope this doesn't conflict with celtic.

What are you talking about this is the predator 2 elder, aka pirate predator. :dunno

So whats this one's name? I always thought this was Elder Pred, NECA & HT have this name for their product$

P. has informed myself and many others that this particular predator is officially named "Grayback".

Do you guys think these latest HT Preds will be in super high demand in the near future after they're sold out like the originals were a few years ago? I'm thinking of buying doubles. At least.

No-

But it appears the quantity of the new HT Preds is plentiful so perhaps they won't be as rare which could hurt resale value...

And this is why. HT is churning out far more figures then they did in the old days.Raising prices and increasing supply prevents high after market prices.

P. has informed myself and many others that this particular predator is officially named "Grayback".

OK this is definitely one area where I have to say:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFOYcgcz_c[/ame]

Oooh speaking of which its almost Die Hard time again. Films one and two that is. I like 3 but its not set at Christmas.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered mine. I absolutely love version 2.0. Sold my previous version and didn't regret it. I assumed all those who complained about it will end up buying it.

Disagree. I think what has most people fooled is the fact that the original headsculpt exaggerated the most noticeable features of the Elder. His forehead appeared larger than the P1's in the movie despite being based on the same sculpt (due to the many wrinkles that drew attention to it and the pale color making it appear more like a flat plane) so the HT version took that concept further by making him look like Frankenstein. Sideshow did the same thing with their 1/5 statue.

Another thing is the photos for this new figure don't really have any shots from below, looking up at the figure (which is the main angle we saw in the film as his head was almost always tilted upward). The old figure, on the other hand, was almost exclusively shot from a lower angle in its prototype pics...

This figure looks awesome. Def gonna purchase.

I hope they release Wolf next. Then AVP Elder... then... Shaman? =D

This guy:

image440.jpg

Ah okay thanks.

I just call him pirate, he's got jack sparrow hair with all the beads and stuff, he's got piercings,
he's got that sword, the old flintlock pistol, the way he's dressed.
All these things scream scallywag to me. I like pirate but if someone prefers elder that works too. :duff

Sure does i mean p2 elder always has been basically a hybrid of p2/p1, he has p1 leg armor,
p1 style shoulder gun, as you said p1 style face/mandibles, p2 shoulder armor, p1 chest harness, p2 body color.
there was no predator in the movie like you describe.
but right, you talk about some unknown "p2 elder predator" )
So whats this one's name? I always thought this was Elder Pred, NECA & HT have this name for their product$
"elder predator" is a thing going from spinoffs with those tribal-samurai-paladin-cavemen creatures, who don't "hunt for pleasure, kill for sport" or "come to have a bloody party" like P1-P2 predators were commented after filming them but have "honor code", "bad bloods" and so on.
none of that crap ever sounded in P1/P2 movies or behind-the-scenes.
the old guy was called "the old guy" (yeah right) or "Grayback" due to his light-gray front-side and dark-gray backside.
(i dunno why HT made this guy yellow again, like with their first release. well, i don't know why tsang does anything he does)
while "elder" is for those tribal cavemen living style, where people lived in clans, had crossbreeding and made the oldest guy rule them all. it might be ok for AVP elder, but Thomas/Winston predators had no tribes or elders. on a contrary, it's heavily commented in P2 specials that all P2 predators are totally different (which is impossible for a tribe), though they specially mentioned that a common person won't tell the difference.
they were right about common people, i've seen comments that P1 and Scar are almost the same predator, just with a different emotion on their faces )
The fact that this guy looks like P1/Snake isn't necessarily a bad thing, the sculpt itself is how it's supposed to be. After having done this edit, I'm seriously hoping the blowdryer mod would be safe to do because that's really the only problem.
i hope for the same, too. just don't see how the old head will work even if it fits the color. detailing and painting is just 100% better now.
though it didn't work with Snake: his jaws just got back every morning after i reposed them in evening. i had to cut little amounts of plastic on the inside in the end. but i never resculpted and repainted the holes in the end. luckily it's not visible due to closed jaws.
i won't be doing it to this one i hope. though "always closed" mouth actually makes it easier.

Last edited:
I just call him pirate, he's got jack sparrow hair with all the beads and stuff, he's got piercings,
he's got that sword, the old flintlock pistol, the way he's dressed.
All these things scream scallywag to me. I like pirate but if someone prefers elder that works too. :duff

There was actually a short comic by Dark Horse that explains how the Elder got his flintlock. It actually involved pirates.

Re: Hot Toys -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator Collectible Figure.

I'm trying to decide just how off this is and whether or not it will affect my decision to buy. It's obvious they reused the Classic sculpt but the overall shape of the jaw and forehead look very P1-ish (which is what Elder is based upon). I think what gets me is that the top mandibles weren't even reposed to be slightly open.

ELDER_PREDATOR_01.jpg

Having them completely closed makes no sense for this character. If this was fixed the figure would be spot-on, everything else is perfect.

I will say that the paintjob and deco is absolutely beautiful and the low accessory count might make this guy cheaper. I guess I'll have to get used to the mandibles. Or maybe a blowdryer could reshape them.

Or, perhaps, by some wild chance, the Elder predator is capable of actually closing the upper mandibles at times like the rest of the predators. I know, weird right?! :slap

there was no predator in the movie like you describe.
but right, you talk about some unknown "p2 elder predator" )
"elder predator" is a thing going from spinoffs with those tribal-samurai-paladin-cavemen creatures, who don't "hunt for pleasure, kill for sport" or "come to have a bloody party" like P1-P2 predators were commented after filming them but have "honor code", "bad bloods" and so on.
none of that crap ever sounded in P1/P2 movies or behind-the-scenes.
the old guy was called "the old guy" (yeah right) or "Grayback" due to his light-gray front-side and dark-gray backside.
(i dunno why HT made this guy yellow again, like with their first release. well, i don't know why tsang does anything he does)
while "elder" is for those tribal cavemen living style, where people lived in clans, had crossbreeding and made the oldest guy rule them all. it might be ok for AVP elder, but Thomas/Winston predators had no tribes or elders. on a contrary, it's heavily commented in P2 specials that all P2 predators are totally different (which is impossible for a tribe), though they specially mentioned that a common person won't tell the difference.
they were right about common people, i've seen comments that P1 and Scar are almost the same predator, just with a different emotion on their faces )
i hope for the same, too. just don't see how the old head will work even if it fits the color. detailing and painting is just 100% better now.
though it didn't work with Snake: his jaws just got back every morning after i reposed them in evening. i had to cut little amounts of plastic on the inside in the end. but i never resculpted and repainted the holes in the end. luckily it's not visible due to closed jaws.
i won't be doing it to this one i hope. though "always closed" mouth actually makes it easier.

:lecture Umm yes he does have the same left shoulder armor as p2, i never said both shoulders.
As for p2 color i shouldn't have said that he is supposed to be grayish. :slap

Back