Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
111_zps07532f51.jpg

Looks like they missed the mark on the eyebrows. They have it sculpted slanted making him look angry but in the movie he looks relatively calm and in control.

The biggest plus for me though is that they finally included the tri-laser! Thank god they didn't leave that out this time. Would be even cooler if it had light up LEDs but that's asking for too much.

Once again: you're comparing a shot of the new figure looking at you dead-center to a shot from the film where the character is looking up. Of course in that shot, he's not going to look angry. But what about in this one?

Predator2_120.jpg

I know you guys hate Tsang, but the god's honest truth is that this figure is nowhere near as inaccurate as people are making it out to be. It's not perfect, but it's definitely superior to the original.

Once again: you're comparing a shot of the new figure looking at you dead-center to a shot from the film where the character is looking up. Of course in that shot, he's not going to look angry. But what about in this one?

Predator2_120.jpg

I know you guys hate Tsang, but the god's honest truth is that this figure is nowhere near as inaccurate as people are making it out to be. It's not perfect, but it's definitely superior to the original.

Agreed.:goodpost:

Yup, people would be angry if HT release the original. Glad to see this version is superior to the original.

Last edited:
Did another PS edit, this time posing the mandibles the way they should be for Elder:

hs16dk.png

The fact that this guy looks like P1/Snake isn't necessarily a bad thing, the sculpt itself is how it's supposed to be. After having done this edit, I'm seriously hoping the blowdryer mod would be safe to do because that's really the only problem. The original Elder figure is literally a caricature.

That's a really cool pic man. I'm totally getting this figure. I was on the fence for a while but screw it, he IS elder.

What i really like about the figure is the things the original was missing - site laser, sword sheath and the bones on the pouch. The body is much better this go around too. I do wish the top tusks were more accurate but overall i am happy with this and will definately get it.

I would say the only real drawback of this figure compared to the old version is that he doesn't seem to be able to grab his necklace trophy like he did in the movie. Him holding that while confronting Harrigan was a signature pose of his.

Theres definately a lot of the classic pred headsculpt in him, the quills and paint pattern hide it some but tsang definately used the classic hs as a base IMO.

Last edited:
something i never noticed is he has purse made with a severed human hand.

Looks like a rib cage in the movie:

Predator2_115.jpg

I would say the only real drawback of this figure compared to the old version is that he doesn't seem to be able to grab his necklace trophy like he did in the movie. Him holding that while confronting Harrigan was a signature pose of his.

He can still grab it. You use the right hand that's included for the pistol, same as the original figure.

12-1.jpg

The mandible seam can be seen in this photo
Don't all HT Predators have that seam, since they can't mold the entire head WITH the mandibles?

It has the same elbow joint as the new P2, and if that figure can do this:

8480831276_d5e01ef701_b.jpg

Then the new Elder Pred should be able to pull off his signature pose by simply pushing the shoulder a little back and turning the hand, palm in.

Fun fact... all the extra Predators in predator 2 were basketball players from the Lakers that Glover was friends with at the time. He asked them down to wear the suits because they didn't know anybody else tall enough! haha.

Also the pistol says, "Raphael Adolini 1715"

NECA-Quarter-Scale-Predators-Elder-and-Big-Red-2.jpg

pay hundreds of $$ to lame tsang!
let the genius Kyle have his $15 for a figure.
so sad. i wish they changed places, it would fit the product level perfectly.
p.s. still don't know why tsang made him yellow. is he on LSD?

Artists:
Head Sculpted by Joseph Tsang. Body Sculpted by Joseph Tsang
Head Painted by Joseph Tsang. Body Painted by Joseph Tsang

sum ting wong still working in this line, mother****er.

p.s. still don't know why tsang made him yellow. is he on LSD?

He sure as hell wasn't the gray that NECA used.

med_gallery_3916_45_283817.jpg

The official prototype shots may be warmly tinted to match the ship interior background, but the on.cc shots show him as more of a pale, light, yellow-brown.

Back