Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P. how did you separate it?
just took the whole pack off and reglued it to the side of a thing under it, filling the unconvenient gap with gel glue. i think that i actually did what was done in the movie itself. never checked, leaving this information to be revealed to me later by itself. it's easy to check when he goes away in the movie, but i don't want to know everything at once :)

backpack01_zpsmv6qlymd.jpg~original

anyway, here it is seen how far it should actually be.

predator_2.jpg

Greyback001_zpsiet7gl2c.jpg~original

made only one round cut in the detail to make space in case i want to move left hand.

backpack02_zpsesn0gx7f.jpg~original

something similar to adding the detachable med pack & the whole shoulder thing of P1 to Classic's armor - but a lot easier, as this time i didn't have to sync the shapes of details of body/shoulder armor parts.

hybrid_armor-1.jpg~original

newarmor_002.jpg~original

newarmor_003.jpg~original

newarmor_001.jpg~original

newarmor_004.jpg~original

newarmor_005.jpg~original

Last edited:
still he's a great creature painter. i think.
(i wonder who painted his P2 head. it's so rough and ridiculous that i cannot see how he could be the author).

still he's a great creature painter. i think.
(i wonder who painted his P2 head. it's so rough and ridiculous that i cannot see how he could be the author).

What we all want to do to Tsang. :wink1: -

8417756_orig.jpg

And finally Tsang, 'You don't know what your dealing with' -

predator2z1011.jpg

Noticed this on Google images while I was on the hunt -

danny-glover-predator-2-action-figure.jpg

Not bad, not bad I say. :lecture

Yeah I would love a Mike Harrigan in my collection, such an underrated character.

Body on that City Hunter looks good.

just took the whole pack off and reglued it to the side of a thing under it, filling the unconvenient gap with gel glue. i think that i actually did what was done in the movie itself. never checked, leaving this information to be revealed to me later by itself. it's easy to check when he goes away in the movie, but i don't want to know everything at once :)

backpack01_zpsmv6qlymd.jpg~original

anyway, here it is seen how far it should actually be.

predator_2.jpg

Greyback001_zpsiet7gl2c.jpg~original

made only one round cut in the detail to make space in case i want to move left hand.

backpack02_zpsesn0gx7f.jpg~original

something similar to adding the detachable med pack & the whole shoulder thing of P1 to Classic's armor - but a lot easier, as this time i didn't have to sync the shapes of details of body/shoulder armor parts.

hybrid_armor-1.jpg~original

newarmor_002.jpg~original

newarmor_003.jpg~original

newarmor_001.jpg~original

newarmor_004.jpg~original

newarmor_005.jpg~original

Sorry. Forgot about this thread, now I read it. Great work and explanations P. I wont try it but is great to see those trying to achieve perfection.

Didnt see it. But werent you going to add dog tags to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[emoji1][emoji322][emoji482]

thank you :)
yeah the dog tags are prepared, but i still didn't do it. i didn't even put all predators on the shelf yet. recently i just watch movies and play videogames, no time for toys, i'm a grown-up :lol

Hi all,

I received my mms233 yesterday and I instantly noticed it was slightly different from the one advertised on the Hot Toys website. The feet have been totally changed and the Predator is now bare-footed vs. wearing some sort of foot ware on HT images. Also, the cloth wrapped around his right arm is missing.

Have you noticed this? Anyone knows why such a big difference exists? I do apologise if this has been answered. This thread is simply too long to navigate..

Thanks!

Hi all,

I received my mms233 yesterday and I instantly noticed it was slightly different from the one advertised on the Hot Toys website. The feet have been totally changed and the Predator is now bare-footed vs. wearing some sort of foot ware on HT images. Also, the cloth wrapped around his right arm is missing.

Have you noticed this? Anyone knows why such a big difference exists? I do apologise if this has been answered. This thread is simply too long to navigate..

Thanks!
one of the members sent them detailed files about how inaccurate their predator is (as usual) and how he should look and SUDDENLY they cared for the first time and changed him to fit the movie more.
if you have such sharp eyes, you can compare it to the movie suit and will see that all changes are correct (though not all of them were made).
and "cloth around right hand" didn't disappear but was replaced with a "skin" piece which had to be a skin from a military guy with a military tattoo.
pity they didn't add army dog tags to his chest - two intact, one shot - but almost nobody cared.
i'll find the initial post later.

here it is - and several notes from other members after it.

Ok. This is my guide (I will send it to hot toys):

Elder_Predator_hair.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_right_hand.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_right_hand_02.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_left_hand_01.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_left_hand_02.jpg

Elder_Predator_forearm_armor_left_hand_03.jpg

Elder_Predator_loincloth_with_belt.jpg

Elder_Predator_bag.jpg

Elder_Predator_feet.jpg

Elder_Predator_sheath.jpg

Elder_Predator_sword.jpg

Maybe it helps
Alex

Last edited:
It's not skin with a tattoo. It's a torn sleeve from a Korean war soldier with his name (or nickname, anyway) and division patch, which of course, Hot Toys didn't reproduce.

The symbol on the "arm band" is the US Army 2nd Infantry Division Patch. It also says Butch above it.

2ndInfantry_zps8e3b98cf.jpg

It's (part of) a sleeve Grayback tore off some guy he likely killed during the Korean War.

Last edited:
It's not skin with a tattoo. It's a torn sleeve from a Korean war soldier with his name (or nickname, anyway) and division patch, which of course, Hot Toys didn't reproduce.
right! i see it now.
of course they wouldn't make such a tiny detail, but turning fabric into "leather" in production appears to be a new mistake from them.

No-one cares probably, and once again I'm late to the party. But either way, I just got this guy today. Sealed in shipper for $190.

It's a weird feeling as, after having gotten Classic, City Hunter 2.0 & Berserker, and now this, there are no other Hot Toys preds I really want.

Except maybe Tracker. Damn.

Back