Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really understand sideshows flex pays. You cant start paying for an item until a certain date which I find weird as well as the number of payment options and amounts seem so sporadic. :cuckoo:

For example if something isn't coming out till April 2015 but cant start paying on it until February etc.
Seems counter productive...sometimes.

I don't really understand sideshows flex pays. You cant start paying for an item until a certain date which I find weird as well as the number of payment options and amounts seem so sporadic. :cuckoo:

For example if something isn't coming out till April 2015 but cant start paying on it until February etc.

I love the flexpay option.... I'm unsure what your beef is, why not just order without flexpay

You could just also pay normally, and save your money in the time in takes for the item to come in stock. You have the ability to set up your very own "flex pay", we can call it "gokey pay"

'gokey pay', is that a thing?

I think I found something that can help you with that Brainiac

original

I love the flexpay option.... I'm unsure what your beef is, why not just order without flexpay

I think what he means is that you can only start paying a specific amount of months before the figure comes out. Instead of just being able to start paying as soon as you preorder and then have it paid off when its ready to ship. I've only flex paid once so far and I think that's how it worked, it would only let me pay the 3 months leading up to the figures release instead of immediately. So why not just let you start paying right away? Correct me if im wrong because im a little rusty on the subject.

I think what he means is that you can only start paying a specific amount of months before the figure comes out. Instead of just being able to start paying as soon as you preorder and then have it paid off when its ready to ship. I've only flex paid once so far and I think that's how it worked, it would only let me pay the 3 months leading up to the figures release instead of immediately. So why not just let you start paying right away? Correct me if im wrong because im a little rusty on the subject.

ahh I see makes sense, I guess they could improve it by letting you choose the dates when you pay an installment

Pretty much what I meant.

You could just also pay normally, and save your money in the time in takes for the item to come in stock. You have the ability to set up your very own "flex pay", we can call it "gokey pay"

That's what I do already more or less. I don't flex pay because of how its set up, if you could start paying right away then I would find it more useful.

I flexed this so it wasn't such a large payment when he comes in. I try to have only two at a time on flexi payments.

I try, usually without much success, to keep my flex pays to 2 a month. Though I've got a few months coming up with 4 or 5. I agree that I wish I could schedule my own payments instead of having to follow Sideshow's. As often as items get moved up or delayed my careful planning is usually a worthless effort.

I can't/don't/won't do the flex pay route. The one time I did it I made the first few payments and then the figure got pushed back almost 6 months. So there is SS with the majority of my money except the last payment and I'm mt handed. I'd rather take the route where I open a bank account and deposit my money in there myself and just make the payment in full when do. I'm not in to giving out interest free loans to a toy company. It's a great way for them to make more money off me though in interest earned but no thanks...

I try, usually without much success, to keep my flex pays to 2 a month. Though I've got a few months coming up with 4 or 5. I agree that I wish I could schedule my own payments instead of having to follow Sideshow's. As often as items get moved up or delayed my careful planning is usually a worthless effort.

Yeah thats the worse thing, stuff getting moved up, consequently its also the best thing about Flexpay :lol

I can't/don't/won't do the flex pay route. The one time I did it I made the first few payments and then the figure got pushed back almost 6 months. So there is SS with the majority of my money except the last payment and I'm mt handed. I'd rather take the route where I open a bank account and deposit my money in there myself and just make the payment in full when do. I'm not in to giving out interest free loans to a toy company. It's a great way for them to make more money off me though in interest earned but no thanks...

but after the 6 months you still have that amount off the figure, its not a loan and you still pay the same amount :dunno

but after the 6 months you still have that amount off the figure, its not a loan and you still pay the same amount :dunno

Either way you slice it, the money is always better off in your hands. Sideshow/Hot Toys is indeed making money off the cash you paid upfront.

Last edited:
Back